• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DLNESI - Godwin's Law: Preview

That's herr Führer to you! As to that boredom quip of yours... are you encouraging der Führer to invade Poland? Because it sounds like you're encouraging der Führer to invade Poland.

There you go again! :p

To decrease the spam level of this post, der Führer would like to ask everyone else that had signed up previously to confirm their presence. Team Nazi seems to have lost some prospective players, though they might reappear before it's too late...

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Bodewin Johann Gustav Keitel reporting for duty. If possible. I'm not a very good Generalfeldmarschall, because I don't know a thing about the responsibilities of a Generalfeldmarschall.

According to Wikipedia:
Pros: Aggressive
Cons: Weak and cautious

Der Führer likes it when his Generalfeldmarschalls manage to be both aggressive and cautious at the same time. :goodjob:

OOC: I'm also supposed to be quite defiant of mein Führer's orders, advising against invading France and being opposed Operation Barbaroßa--until 1942, that is, by which time I will be called "Lakaitel" and the "nodding donkey". I'll try to follow OTL in that regard, unless it will be completely out-of-character to do so.

Which brings up a question from me: How will decision-making be conducted? The thread proper? Another thread? A confusing network of PMs? IRC?

EDIT: I will now make it a point to replace every single instance of "ss" into "ß". According to ß, Barbaroßa should sound like Barbaro-oßa.

Confirming Team Nazi member :lol:

Confirming Team Nazi member, Generalfeldmarschall Heinrich Alfred Hermann Walther von Brauchitsch.

Der Moderator says: I'll need the players to confirm their positions. Bold means they confirmed.

Team Britain(5/12):
Germanicus
Fuschia
Azale
Thlayli
Lord Iggy
Kal'thzar (Chamberlain)
~Darkening~
Toltec
Silvara Thirrol
Shadowbound
a propagandist
j eps

Team Nazi(6/11):
das (Hitler)
JosefStalinator
The Strategos
Insane Panda
Dachspmg
flyingchicken
Crezth
Yui108
mr pwner
Nuclear Kid
silver 2039

Unknown(1/2):
carmen510
bestshot9

Total: 12/25 Players

Der Moderator says:

Team Communication: Whatever you do is fine. But we'll leave it to the honor system that when you know you're in a situation where all communications are cut off you'll play IC. We can't control OOC communication, so why bother ourselves? Just have integrity. :p

Reading something about clowns a few page back, has anyone here read the probably highly fictionalized novel The War Magician by David Fisher about [wiki]Jasper Maskelyne[/wiki]?

Confirming. Requesting a shift to the Royal Navy though.

You'll have to work out rankings and divisions of the army with der Fuhrer/Prime Minister yourselves. :)

Der Führer concurs with his British colleague. There must be confirmations in our time!

Der Führer points out that Churchill is, inexplicably, a Scotsman from Aberdeen with poor spelling and an apostrophe in his name. Huh.
EPIC LULZ.
Invade Poland ;)
Don't you have an alliance with them?
EDIT: I will now make it a point to replace every single instance of "ss" into "ß". According to ß, Barbaroßa should sound like Barbaro-oßa.
Only because the Schreibreform hasn't happened yet. :p Really, though, you're only supposed to do it after a diphthong, which includes umlauted vowels.
Der Führer concurs with his British colleague. There must be confirmations in our time!
Model reconfirming.

Don't you have an alliance with them?

Der Führer would like to remind Model of that wonderful British idea of appeasement. ;)

Der Führer would like to remind Model of that wonderful British idea of appeasement.

True, and I also want to recruit Polish Pilots with mad skillzz.

That and I'm bored, The public don't know it yet but they really want a war :p

Il Mode says: Thanks to Symphony's suggestion of Nearest Neighbor enlargement and flyingchicken's "increments of 100" suggestion, here's an enlarged map.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom