DMOC's DEITY Game #3 - Willem van Oranje

Great game, congrats on the win. Mighty impressive.

Quick question thought, did you launch your spaceship with every part built? (5/5 for casing, 5/5 for thrusters, etc) or is there a better/quicker way to launch?

I launched with all of them, since my cities finished production at similar dates (i.e. all parts were done within a short amount of turns).

In other news, sorry about posting non-game specific info but is there anyone willing to substitute for me in the Team Mavericks pitboss? I desperately need a sub who can play for at least a week, maybe a few days more. :) No one responded so far in the multiplayer forum.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=376882

Good job. I'm glad you played this instead of that handmade crap you were going to play :D

Amazing game, great read, and fabulous tips..... this is truly inspiring since I can't beat Deity in Civ IV like previous versions

Round 12: Epilogue

The map at the start. Check out all the land there was on the big continent! :eek: Quite frankly, I'm a bit disappointed at Pericles' performance. He grabbed a lot of land, but foolishly did not keep his military up to par to Tokugawa's.

Let's count the ways Boudica has messed up her start:

• Going in WHEOOHRN mode and out at least 2 times
  • Not obliterating Sitting Bull or Pericles early
  • Sending her stack all the way over to Munich, only to have it stuck
  • Not signing open borders with Bismarck even though Bismarck would have signed open borders back
  • Allowing me to bribe her to peace when she was warring vs. Peter
  • Wasting a lot of her espionage points on me early when she could have used more to create faster city revolts vs Peter
  • Capturing the useless and culturally overwhelmed German city directly south of Anti-Otto city
  • Accepting a Defensive Pact with me
  • The list goes on. :lol:

Spoiler :

This is at the point where I founded my second city. Notice the key barbarian city blocking Bismarck from entering the fatter part of the landmass. Also, check Tokugawa's expansion - all to the right.

Spoiler :

By 380 BC, the land was almost completely settled, apart from a few extraneous islands.

Spoiler :

1330 AD - Japan is gone. Boudica, Peter, and Saladin grabbed a considerbale amount of island real estate.

Spoiler :

The GNP graph. I've never really liked how the anarchy always forces the graph to go way down, then way up. It hinders its readability.

Spoiler :

Production - with my two late Golden Ages clearly visible.

Spoiler :

Food. I'm a bit surprised seeing Boudica's big dips - I guess that must have something to do with her vassals. I think either Hannibal's or Saladin's food decreased as they created intercontinental colonies.

Spoiler :

Power. It was no contest for Boudica.

Spoiler :

End-game demographics. Look at the negative 25 GNP for a civ - how do you get that again? :lol:

Spoiler :

Top 5 cities and wonders. Yes, only one city of ours made the list, but we still won.

Spoiler :

Farms were the most common improvement, theatres were the most common building, and cavalry were the most common unit produced. Almost 30 hours of game time ticked.

Spoiler :

Final score - 132,450. A great score. :goodjob:

Spoiler :

Final Statement

Well, as I stated before, this is highly likely to be my last single-player game of Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword. Civilization V comes out on September 21st, and unless that game turns out to be a total bust, I will likely play that game exclusively. Judging by what I've seen on the Civ5 forum, the game looks amazing! I am hoping to start another DMOC's series there. I will, of course, be checking back to the Civ4 forums from time to time. And I will continue my current multiplayer games as long as I can.

I would like to thank the many fellow CivFanatics players who have helped me along the way. These players include those that may have helped me directly or indirectly among my goals (such as when I read something they write). They include ABigCivFan, acidsatyr, Artichoker, Bernout, DaveMcW, dirk1302, Dreylin, Duckweed, Geronimo, Gliese581, kossin, Lord Parkin, madscientist, Moonsinger, MrCynical, Mutineer, Nakor, Niklas, obsolete, ParadigmShifter, r_rolo_1, Robi D, Rusten, Silent Confusion, Sirian, Sisiutil, Snaaty, SnowlyWhite, Sullla, TheMeInTeam, Unconquered Sun, vale, and many others.

its also noticeable that while not as severe, Sitting Bull did also have a Barb city camping out just next to the 'road' between his land and the big continent

Someone nuke that sod of boudica's and see how much it dents her power :crazyeye:

encore!
Probably not much, given how deity garrisons normally are :/

BTW @DMOC
I would like to thank the many fellow CivFanatics players who have helped me along the way. These players include those that may have helped me directly or indirectly among my goals (such as when I read something they write). They include ABigCivFan, acidsatyr, Artichoker, Bernout, DaveMcW, dirk1302, Dreylin, Duckweed, Geronimo, Gliese581, kossin, Lord Parkin, madscientist, Moonsinger, MrCynical, Mutineer, Nakor, Niklas, obsolete, ParadigmShifter, r_rolo_1, Robi D, Rusten, Silent Confusion, Sirian, Sisiutil, Snaaty, SnowlyWhite, Sullla, TheMeInTeam, Unconquered Sun, vale, and many others.
Some of those names make me feel :old: ;) I remember all of them ...

Oh and thanks for including me. Be sure, I also learned a thing or two from you :D

Well congratulations for the win DMOC and I hope to see your series in CIV5 by the way any ideia which leader will you do your first game on CIV5?;)

Someone nuke that sod of boudica's and see how much it dents her power :crazyeye:

encore!

Probably 30-40%.

its also noticeable that while not as severe, Sitting Bull did also have a Barb city camping out just next to the 'road' between his land and the big continent

His bad luck continues then. :crazyeye:

Probably not much, given how deity garrisons normally are :/

BTW @DMOC

Some of those names make me feel :old: ;) I remember all of them ...

Oh and thanks for including me. Be sure, I also learned a thing or two from you :D

All right, I'll search for people you don't know. :)

Well congratulations for the win DMOC and I hope to see your series in CIV5 by the way any ideia which leader will you do your first game on CIV5?;)

No idea. I won't start playing until December, most likely.

Great game DMOC, I took a hiatus from Civ4 and reading through this has helped me remember a lot of the things I had forgotten since I was playing regularly several months ago. Best of luck to you in Civ5!

Seems like all of my effort in generating a Great Merchant in the capital paid off! Time to test out the cities and see which will offer the most gold! (The SHIFT + Right click shortcut [something like that] told me that Bismarck's capital was, oddly, the most profitable, other than the overseas capitals which I could not test.)

:bowdown: Great game DMOC. Been following this for a while and learned a ton from your brilliance, but wasn't sure exactly what you meant by this? How can you tell which city would be most profitable?

Great game DMOC, I took a hiatus from Civ4 and reading through this has helped me remember a lot of the things I had forgotten since I was playing regularly several months ago. Best of luck to you in Civ5!

Welcome back to Civ - get back to playing. :goodjob:

:bowdown: Great game DMOC. Been following this for a while and learned a ton from your brilliance, but wasn't sure exactly what you meant by this? How can you tell which city would be most profitable?

There's a keyboard trick you can use with the shift and right-click keys to determine the amount of gold you will get from a trade mission in a city. I forgot what it was, but I think a quick search of the forums can find it. The downside with this "trick" in telling how much gold you'll get from a city is that it only works if the city is on the same landmass that the great merchant is on. Not a bad thing though since I was on the biggest landmass.

I found this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6966948&postcount=2

which says "If you select the Merchant and hold SHIFT, move the mouse over to some other foreign CIV's city - the TradeMission icon will light up (Keep holding Shift) - you then hover your mouse over the TradeMission icon to see how much that particular one will fetch you.
Now hit CancelMove, and repeat the process to check out some other Foreign cities - and pick the one you think is best :)"

Is that what you mean?

Great job! :goodjob:

It takes careful planning to build the Royal Flush of a trick with the Internet.

Thx for the great play DMOC. That stack from Boudica was very frightening :p Next game please. Love to read your games.

Very impressive game - what impressed me most of all (besides your launch date...and your BPT in the first half of the game...and your diplo, avoiding any war besides the one on Tokugawa) was your war with Japan. Just wondering - how many cavs do you think you hit him with? And they were mostly from whipping? Very impressive.

Top Bottom