DMOC's DEITY Game #3 - Willem van Oranje

I found this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6966948&postcount=2

which says "If you select the Merchant and hold SHIFT, move the mouse over to some other foreign CIV's city - the TradeMission icon will light up (Keep holding Shift) - you then hover your mouse over the TradeMission icon to see how much that particular one will fetch you.
Now hit CancelMove, and repeat the process to check out some other Foreign cities - and pick the one you think is best :)"

Is that what you mean?

Yes that's what I meant.

Hmmm, from what I remember you can check out the overseas cities with the merchant-Shift trick.

I did not succeed in doing that because I think the merchant has to be able to travel. If it's overseas, it likely has a "red circle" when I right click, meaning a move there is against the game's rules.

Great job! :goodjob:

It takes careful planning to build the Royal Flush of a trick with the Internet.

Thank you.

Thx for the great play DMOC. That stack from Boudica was very frightening :p Next game please. Love to read your games.

Thank you. As I mentioned before, my next game is likely to be Civ5, and even then it won't be for a while as I don't even have access to a PC.

Well done DMOC.

Thank you.

Very impressive game - what impressed me most of all (besides your launch date...and your BPT in the first half of the game...and your diplo, avoiding any war besides the one on Tokugawa) was your war with Japan. Just wondering - how many cavs do you think you hit him with? And they were mostly from whipping? Very impressive.

I hit him with just 19 cavalries at first. Yes, that's a surprisingly small number, especially for an aggressive protective deity AI with that much land. However, several things were working in my favor. (1) Tokugawa was not technologically advanced, (2) Tokugawa had been stuck in wars since the BC's and as I accentuated, he was at war with many civilizations due to the AP and lost out on lucrative trade routes, and (3) I had bribing ability. A dogpile vs a civ with desireable land is usually only beneficial to the human player if he has the technology to get others out of the war. Otherwise, it is likely that the AI dogpiled will capitulate to someone else.

If no one had been at war with Tokugawa at that point, I would have simply built more and more cavalry ... but at the same time, I would not have to give away techs like Rifling for "free."

I did not succeed in doing that because I think the merchant has to be able to travel. If it's overseas, it likely has a "red circle" when I right click, meaning a move there is against the game's rules.

It does work ;) And yes it also works if there's fog in the way.

What I do: I use the hotkey g to go-to while holding down shift. Left-click on the city and mouse over the trade mission.

Interestingly, one can do the same with Great Engineers to get free espionage :) You even get the building name if the city is making one.

Kossin - what version of Civ are you using? I'm using BtS 3.19 with the Buffy mod, and that doesn't work at all - in fact, that doesn't work for cities on the same continent.

it's too bad, cause it's a great trick :(

That's BUG+BULL, but I've done it with BUFFY as well.

Sometimes the Great Merchant is 'bugged' and it doesn't work at all. Try again the next turn usually does the trick for me.

Great tip with the merchant! :cool:

Interestingly, one can do the same with Great Engineers to get free espionage :) You even get the building name if the city is making one.

One can probably rush the building too, I bet that bug's still there!

Well, I have a semi-announcement.

I have tried out Civ5. Unfortunately, it earns a 5/10 rating for me while Civ4 is more like a 9/10 game for me.

Therefore, I shall be back and plan on starting a new Civ4 game in the next week.

Yet another of the lost has wandered back to the promise land. I welcome you!

I have tried out Civ5. Unfortunately, it earns a 5/10 rating for me .

That rating sounds a bit generous, DMOC...:lol:

welcome home!

Well, I have a semi-announcement.

I have tried out Civ5. Unfortunately, it earns a 5/10 rating for me while Civ4 is more like a 9/10 game for me.

Therefore, I shall be back and plan on starting a new Civ4 game in the next week.

excellent, welcome back! love reading your diety threads

Top Bottom