Do You Enjoy Civilization V

Do you enjoy the game and experience that Civilization V provides?

• Yes

Votes: 434 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 309 41.6%

• Total voters
Actually, that is not true.

Actually, it is not untrue. Both your statement and your commentary are both accurate. It completely depends on what the politics are measuring. If you are just trying to get into office, 50.x % is sufficient (even less, depending on the voting method), therefore PoM is correct. Regardless, his was tongue-in-cheek commentary, not meant for overanalysis.

Both of your assessments are accurate.

Actually, if at all, then the poll in the middle wouldn't be biased. The first as well as the last one are based on "leading questions", admittedly the third one even more. And even the poll in the middle has its weaknesses, since the question doesn't leave room for the fence-sitters or undecided.

"Do you enjoy Civ V?" is not in any way a leading question. It's a straight yes or no question. An example of a similar question but a leading one, would be "Who else thinks Civ V is great?"...THAT would be a biased and leading question, which is not what we have here. The only one of the three poll titles that I listed that is biased is "Who else agrees that Civ V has been dumbed down?" That one is SO biased as to be hilarious. The other two are just straight questions with no bias.
Moderator Action: What did i tell everyone here 2 post above?

no, I don't enjoy it. Maybe when some expansions come out. Just find it boring as in its current state.

Not the same question. Thanks for playing.

It's not the identical question, but you could easily read them and surmise the answer to your question. There's been dozens of threads asking and/or talking about if you like/hate, and covering specific reasons why for either. A search, or honestly, a browse through the first 2 pages could have answered your question, without starting yet another thread.
Moderator Action: What did i tell everyone in here 4 posts above?

It's not the identical question, but you could easily read them and surmise the answer to your question. There's been dozens of threads asking and/or talking about if you like/hate, and covering specific reasons why for either. A search, or honestly, a browse through the first 2 pages could have answered your question, without starting yet another thread.

Please adhere to the moderator's request.

Moderator Action: Guys, please discuss about the polls question, don't nitpick on the grammar and intention behind it.

If you have an issue, take it up with them. And note that what you are addressing has been asked and answered in this thread, so please practice what you preach.

Thank you.

Edit: I've reviewed some of the other polls and your posts and notice that you don't post the same complaints in those threads, some of which were posted after mine, so I can only surmise that you simply don't like the results of this thread for some reason or you have a personal issue with me. Whatever the case, my apologies that I have inconvenienced you so grievously. You're more than welcome to ignore this poll in the future.

Nope, haven't played it in weeks. i'll wait for some expansions, and then see what the general consensus of them is. I'm not making the same mistake of trusting the reviews and just buying it because it's Civ, just like I did for this game.

I have played it Monarch level just like CIV4 usually, it not have no sense if rivals reach medieval era before 1000 BC and modern era in 1700 AD and I can't imagine how this is in difficult levels. Waiting for expansion packs as well. The game seems to be unfinished yet.

My point is that I have played 70+ hours of Civ V, and I'm yet to have more than a few hours of total enjoyment out of it. I keep trying to like it and to get into it.

This.

what level do you play at? prince or deity? Are you using the same/similar strategy every time? Do you try to win in different fashions (always war, no CS's, always peace, etc.)? Do you try for different victories?

If you're such a fantastic player that, post-patch, you can win deity every single time then you're better off playing RAND. However, I think that you'll find that changing around start eras/conditions/etc, playing random maps, removing CS's, etc can increase the enjoyment immensely.

Do I love it? Yes, of course! The game mechanics are fantastic. I just want horseunits to be less good at attacking fortified cities or fortresses, that's all..... :)

And a serious fix of multiplayer of course, and longswordsmen to require both steel and machinery. Except from those 3 things, it's a jewel of a game! :)

Wow, a 60/40 split after this long. That's kinda surprising. In a bad way. For a neutral question in a simple poll like this, I would have expected a lot more "Yes" votes.

(Go ahead, flame me; it's your time to waste however you please.)

Wow, a 60/40 split after this long. That's kinda surprising. In a bad way. For a neutral question in a simple poll like this, I would have expected a lot more "Yes" votes.

(Go ahead, flame me; it's your time to waste however you please.)

I agree, only 60% positive is not a good thing. But it is the majority.

cheers. :)

I like ciV a lot, so I cringed when I voted. Judging by the huge anti-ciV bias here I fully expected it to be 30-70 against. Maybe the silent majority enjoys more than the vocal minority?

Haven't played the game in almost a full month now, so can't actually *remember* if I enjoy it or not-my recollection tells me *NO*!!

I like ciV a lot, so I cringed when I voted. Judging by the huge anti-ciV bias here I fully expected it to be 30-70 against. Maybe the silent majority enjoys more than the vocal minority?

Fortunately, the game isn't judged on deciblel level. :)

But 60/40 still has much to be desired, even if it is the majority.

It's a close poll. I am on the fence. Playing a hell of a lot. Now just playing for achievements. I don't feel satisfied by V and don't think it will have the long term staying power that IV has. IV had variability when the map got drawn. V feels like I am playing the same game each time. Still on the fence. Waiting (hoping) for expansions that add some depth.

I prefer civ 5. i like the gameplay, visual and revised rules.

But i m very disappointed by the missing animation in multiplayer....so we never play MP anymore...

it is the major multiplayer epic fail in a strategic game.

Top Bottom