1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think the patch improved the game?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WorldWarIV, Jul 31, 2017.

?

Do you think the patch improved the game?

1. Yes.

23.7%
  2. No.

11.5%
  3. It improved it a bit but not enough.

23.7%
  4. I would say yes if it wasn't for all the new bugs.

43.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Chieftain

The patch does a lot of good. Unfortunately, it also (re)introduces some bad stuff.

I'd say the patch is 1.525 meters in the right direction, and 5 feet in the wrong direction . . . .

2. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Is there any way to trigger the behaviour where an AI offers several Great Works,
    or several cities as part of a peace settlement?
    In the last dozen or so games at Emperor level on Ynamp Giant Earth, I have never been
    offered cities as a settlement. After several rejections of peace, I was offered one relic,
    but never any Great Works.

3. noise36

noise36 Chieftain

Getting spammed every single turn with the same civ trying to declare friendship is very annoying.

4. jbavon

jbavon Chieftain

That also happened before the summer patch.

5. Klinn

Klinn Chieftain

Alternatively, if you've saved your game configuration settings, when you load that configuration it includes the same map seed.

6. DizzKneeLand33

DizzKneeLand33 Fall from Heaven 2 still rocks

If you actually read my posts (and the post quoted in my post that referred to "alternative facts"), it was not me that referred to anything as alternative facts, other than to defend someone who was accused of using them. But thanks.

EDIT: On another note, I'm not even sure where we disagree. Didn't we say the same thing?

7. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

It's not uncommon in strategy games in general lately that DLC out-paces a rate of sustainable quality in project management terms. I don't like that companies & consumers alike seem fine with that.

"We know this doesn't work, but we have a deadline so we're going to sell it anyway" is not a standard consumers accept in most markets, but having anything aside from that seems to be an exception in the strategy genre of gaming. It's unfortunate, even some other game genres are held to a better standard than that.

dexters and Zuizgond like this.
  8. topresch

topresch Chieftain

Perhaps I misunderstood and perhaps we actually agree. I haven't even tried the new patch.

9. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

That's unrealistic . Quarterly patches aren't bad. But Like i said, I expected their next patch to be summer.

The flip side is, people expect patching regardless and complain if there isn't any

In anycase, I'm about to lose my 3rd immortal game to another science runaway.
    Going to have to bump down my difficulty to figure this all out. The AI is much improved, especially on how they triangulate diplomatically.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  10. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Great scientist with 3 eurekas fired off and says it only produces one and I cannot remember what eurekas I had... it's a little game breaking paranoia creeping in

The jerky turn stalls have gone and the restart button is here

I have lost a frigate to a bomber.... or was it a UFO?

I fired some arrows at a wall and got 3 cities as a reward

Is it good or bad? not sure, lemme play one more turn.

comatosedragon likes this.
  11. Miravlix

Miravlix Chieftain

Doesn't seem to be any problem with the "friendliness" feature, it looks like the AI is smart and friend most nations, but not all. So they don't end up declaring war on many fronts this result in focused war efforts.

My last game was one continent with 3 civs, the two others decided to war me, so it's not like they choose friendship stupidly, when they have better choices.

Trade diplomacy seems broken, so that is worse the way it work, but if it was unbroken it seems like an improvement.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to judge the cost changes, either archer or district stuff, it's a change, but can you actually tell a difference just playing the game?

Game performance seems way better.

So all in all the parts I have gotten to seems to be improvements, but it doesn't really fix that I've played civ longer than most people have lived and V to VI seems like a shoeshine upgrade, it's still a shoe and maybe I wanted Mackfly sneakers. I for one, is unable to enjoy the core game without at least a few game mechanics changing mods. The game difficulty system seems even more badly broken than V and it's a fighting game, without giving the AI the ability to fight.

That wasn't addressed, so at the moment I think my conclusion would be that the patch was an improvement, but it doesn't change that the shoe is still a shoe, so it doesn't make it a better game.