DoktorApplejuice's fictional civs (Discussion/development page)

It's legible to me, although perhaps a bit bland. :3

Yeah... maybe. It's the colours of Ozpin's scarf thingy:

Spoiler :

Maybe, since the symbol used is Vale's coat of arms, and the civ is supposed to be the entire world of Remnant, a better symbol would be the one on the Vytal Festival poster; the one that's a combination of the symbols for the four kingdoms? Might also be a better colour combo.

Spoiler :

The only thing is... it's another red and yellow colour scheme. I mean, Siam is red and yellow, as are Persia and Songhai, and my Ferelden mod, and TP's Canada, JFD's Scotland, and a whole bunch of others. I can't really think of anything that's grey and green.

How's this then;

It's more vivid colouring than the original, but it's still green and grey.

I'd say go for the new Icon with the original color scheme, mostly because I was actually pretty a fan of the original color scheme.

RWBY Civ Hype!

Maybe I'm running to this thread to share little bits far too often... but chalk it up to me being excited about these civs.

Here's the Steam Thumbnail for the eventual Soul Society civ:

Thoughts?

So, there's clearly a TXT_KEY issue, and it is still missing a bunch of things, but guess what's one step closer to being complete?

Spoiler :

First look at the Shinigami and Gotei 13 Captain units for the Soul Society civ:

Spoiler :

Obviously, I missed the arms, so that'll have to be fixed, as will the pattern along the bottom edge of the Captain's haori.

OP has been updated to include initial designs for the RWBY civ. Any opinions on what's there?

The overall design seems pretty solid, although imo it's a tad strange you block the entire melee line with the huntsmen when you could make them get stronger/more expensive as you originally planned and just have it never obsolete. I'd imagine this would give the AI an easier time using it, but I'm no modder (yet:mischief:), so IDK. Do you have plans for the unit model? I can't wait to see that.

That Icon does look fantastic!:goodjob:

The overall design seems pretty solid, although imo it's a tad strange you block the entire melee line with the huntsmen when you could make them get stronger/more expensive as you originally planned and just have it never obsolete. I'd imagine this would give the AI an easier time using it, but I'm no modder (yet:mischief:), so IDK.

It's actually more-so to make a civ with a more unique play-style. It's definitely not necessary to block off all the melee units, but it would make for something interesting, I think.

Do you have plans for the unit model?

I was thinking a mix of four different models, each reskinned;
-Nomad or What's Sorceress
Spoiler :

-Nomad or What's Unmounted Beastmaster
Spoiler :

-Civitar's Selous Scout
Spoiler :

-Kwadjh's Assassin
Spoiler :

Unfortunately, I'm not able to create my own unit models; the program required to do that, Blender, doesn't work on my computer. If I was able to, I'm sure there are 3D models out there of the four main characters that I would much rather use instead.

Those models would be a better choice (again imo) with reskins, as it would be rather strange having multiple copies of the same group of people running around the map :crazyeye: Best of luck trying to find enough lore for pedias though. Can't wait to play this one!

And, the Soul Society mod is now released! Yay! Special thanks to COF, LeeS, and Bouncymischa for the help on it.

Side note:
I'm thinking about creating an anime city-states mod. A mod that, as the name would suggest, adds anime themed city-states to the game.

a few on the list so far:
-Romdeau (Ergo Proxy)
-Olympus (Appleseed)
-Sidonia (Knights of Sidonia)
-Neo-Tokyo (Akira)
-The Methuselahs (Trinity Blood)
-Prester (Last Exile)
-Death City (Soul Eater)

And thoughts on the list, or suggestions to add to it?

Does this city-state mod just add them or does it replace the normal ones entirely? Would it be possible to have that in a config? Just thinking out loud here.

Top Bottom