Dolen2's Ethnic Diversity

This mod is the only reason I've reinstalled Civ 5. But it's impossible to play after Gunpowder tech. I have the Lancer CTD too, and I tried to continue without the bigger of three mods: it works, but without ethnic graphic... So sad.
Any news about a fix? I don't ask anything more. No upgrade, no new restyling. I hope only for a fix of this version. Thank u all anyway!

Make sure you're using the recommended graphic settings on pg1. I'm in the information age of my current game (large, standard) and I didn't do anything special aside from having those settings

Make sure you're using the recommended graphic settings on pg1. I'm in the information age of my current game (large, standard) and I didn't do anything special aside from having those settings
Graphic setting is correct. Maybe there is some mod who has a conflict with ethnic mod. I played til information age some game ago, but it was a test match, with only VP, dolen ethnic and few others. I can't identify the guilty mod.

Do I need to load all three folders in order for the mod to run properly?

Depending on what other mods you use, yes. The base mod adds the models, the scale mod determines which scale the models are in, and the mod compatibility mod gives models of new units added in big mods such as Gaia's Core or Sapiens or Community Patch.

Depending on what other mods you use, yes. The base mod adds the models, the scale mod determines which scale the models are in, and the mod compatibility mod gives models of new units added in big mods such as Gaia's Core or Sapiens or Community Patch.
ok, thank you

One more question, how would I go about making a modded civ use the unit models in this modpack? Are the folders I need to edit located with this mod, the civ, or both?

While I adore Dolen2's modpack and for the most part think its great, I think there are a couple skins that take me out of the experience. Is there a way to go about removing their replacements? Ex: removing the replacement skin for the French Muskateer. or the American Minutemen.

While I adore Dolen2's modpack and for the most part think its great, I think there are a couple skins that take me out of the experience. Is there a way to go about removing their replacements? Ex: removing the replacement skin for the French Muskateer. or the American Minutemen.

We can continue where he left off.

Anyone know the reason behind the CTDs mid-game using this mod? I have all the graphics options set as shown in the OP, but it always crashes. I tried commenting out all the lines related to lancers but I still get CTDs no matter what and they disappear when I turn off the mod. The crashes happen on Ethiopia's turn, but before I've had problems with other civs.

Are you sure it's this mod causing it? I've been able to play full games with it on VP 3.7.X, although I've also been getting mid-game crashes as well from 3.8 onwards, not sure if it's because of this mod.

If you still have your save games and the right mods installed try to load the round right before the hard CTD without dolens and see if it works. I never played 3.8 - 3.9 so your issue might be with VP but for me removing dolens let me load the game and continue playing.

I'm using Nutty's 2017 ED pack with the crashfix patch instead. I get no CTDs with that.

Last edited:
can you please provide a link for this file? tnx

If you still have your save games and the right mods installed try to load the round right before the hard CTD without dolens and see if it works. I never played 3.8 - 3.9 so your issue might be with VP but for me removing dolens let me load the game and continue playing.

I'm using Nutty's 2017 ED pack with the crashfix patch instead. I get no CTDs with that.
I was able to complete a game with a modpack with Dolen's and VP 3.10.10, only one crash and it seemed to be related to trading world maps.

I was able to complete a game with a modpack with Dolen's and VP 3.10.10, only one crash and it seemed to be related to trading world maps.
Interesting, I believe the CTD problem tends to come from certain unit skins. What civs did u have in ur game?

I was playing Korea, with England, Poland, India, Persia, Carthage, France, Songhai, Arabia, America, Egypt, and the Zulu. Your theory might be right, I started a new game with the same modpack and got a CTD at turn 15.

I was playing Korea, with England, Poland, India, Persia, Carthage, France, Songhai, Arabia, America, Egypt, and the Zulu. Your theory might be right, I started a new game with the same modpack and got a CTD at turn 15.
Try to avoid Songhai. I think some unit could have some bug. I resolved this way with an old game but I think could be not the only one.

Top Bottom