DominatrNES IV: The Blood Dimension

Nation’s name: Astana

Capital City: Dumgarh

Leader: Ranjit Singh

Government Type : Despotic Monarchy

Settlement Names : Paswani, Kulazabad, Adkheri, Rafitra, Amunetivu, Vaddmulla, Inadakot, Kabagar, Fepur, Narmipur

Person names: Vishnu , Bhaskar, Naraka, Saubhari , Sanjiv , Yama , Akshobhya , Kapil , Shashi

Societal Structure: Societal Heirarchy is classified according to the the work that the populace does. The classes are as follows : Warriors-Learned ones- Farmers & Traders-Slaves. Men and women are incorporated into the societal structure, both represented equally across all hierarchies.

Religious Beliefs: Polytheism, multiple aspects of the nature are often worshiped, the main god being the Sun, the giver of light, knowledge, the bringer of good fortune, the creator of the world. Most of the religious festivities are dedicated to the Sun, with other Gods only being a small imprint in the Asti religions.

Brief History: The town of Dumgarh grew upto be to the cultural center as it is today, because of the immigration of the nearby tribes that roam the country side. Because of its location at its location near the Lake BestiTal, (Tal=Lake) the area around the town of Dumgarh, provided the most fertile plains for cultivation of crops, the lake also provided for a bountiful of fishes for the populace.

Map :
Spoiler :

(I do not wish to draw the OOC thing for too long, but I think Jehoshua is raising some valid issues that have been somewhat bugging me and I think that they should be taken of note.)

Alright folks, I've decided to drop the Civilization Trait concept. Several comments about the concept put me into deep thought and I realized that the idea adds very little depth to the game because it is a decision made right at the beginning and provides only balancing issues.

However, I do plan on keeping the technology tree because it provides strategic depth and structure to the technological advancement of the game. I promise that it won't advance at a snail's pace. That's a mistake I already made in one of my earlier NESes. I can adjust the rate of advancement on the fly through beaker prices and NPC advancement. I am going to toss the first column of technologies because they are redundant: nearly all basic societies know how to do that stuff. To have a budding sedentary culture research those things is silly.

One thing about the technology tree is that it is less of an attempt to accurately illustrate the technological stream through history, but rather to bound and govern the technological pace and detail of the game. I can't rationalize every technologies placement on the tree and positioning; it was pretty challenging to come up with the logic present the begin with. One example: Not having "Seafaring" doesn't mean you can't make boats, it just means you can not travel long distances along the coastline. So, in short, attacking civilizations across seas is not possible until seafaring is discovered. I chose not to define the technologies strictly because I figured I can correct any inconsistencies as they arise rather than limiting everything right from the start.

Thanks for the submissions guys, I look to get started sometime this weekend probably. Thanks for the feedback as well. I am glad some issues are being ironed out.

Civilization Name: Komoyo(n) for plural
Capital City: Garbonya
Leader Name: Mariki
City List: Payeoa, Naigam, Kaijoa, Easirihm, Orbenyala
Person Names: Oreca, Posaira, Qiaris, Wamru, Vyala, Meope
Societal Structure: Komoyo Society is depicted as Despotic since the people are ruled by the ones who has the most warriors/resources. This way lead to there being four type of positions in Komoyo. Each persons was either a Rulers, Warriors, Farmers, Slaves. Those who can muster large amount of warriors were deem fit to lead other. If you dont have any resourses or men under your control you were consider a slaves as even farmers/warriors could have men under their control. Men were consider Superior then women but women are cherish for bringing new life into the world and are regarded as sacred.
Religious Beliefs: (Oen may change as stories are addon)
Spoiler :
The Komoyons believe in the Oen the Sacred turtle created both the land, sea and the animals that inhabit the people of Komoyon. "All that is created by Oen return to it" mean that the people of Komoyon believe that all thing that die go back to Oen to be reused again.

Economy: Komoyons pride themselves on their fruits farms and costalline marine life for trading.
Brief History: Komoyons have always been here
Area on map
Spoiler :

Civilization Name: Elwytr, Elwytroi plural
Capital City: Twyrnad
Leader Name: Brenn Chròm
City List: Fyr Brawd, Man Trysaww, Brenn Dun
Person Names: Chròm, Chu, Fydd, Eslyn,
Societal Structure: The Elwytroi live in a distinctly tribal society. As such, there are relatively few gender roles established. Classes do exist, where your job improves your societal status - a farmer will be seen above a servant but underneath a priest, for example.
Religious Beliefs: Sacrifices are highly important in the Elwytroi religion. That's really all the special.
Economy: Mostly pottery and textiles. Some food can be exported to other Elwywtroi settlements.
Brief History: The Elwytroi come from the far north, which they abandoned after an unnamed tribe invaded their ancestral homelands. The Elwytroi are still highly solitary, but are preparing to expand as a confederation...
Area on map:

Chapter One: Dawn

The following events take place between Y0 and Y300...

The measuring stick of time lines up at 0 when the the Uverites first proposed to settle down at the delta of the Varian River, or so historical estimates say. All that is known is that Uveris was the only true settlement in the world by historical standards. The Uverites were a people obsessed with farming, and their lands quickly expanded upriver. The Uverite farmers excelled in wheat production and their population boomed. However, around the year 100, the Uverite Zesht, Amara, the ancestor of current Zesht Ammadon, was rumored to have been assassinated by upriver folk who called themselves the Digashi, Uverite for "southern rebels". A split ensued, with the Digashi staking their claim on upriver lands, and the Uverites controlling the Varian delta. Uverites not wishing to join the Digashi but still wishing to retain their lands were soon forcibly removed and forced upriver as part of a loyalty cleansing operation. These far upriver Uverites soon lost contact with their delta brethren and soon called themselves the Zigi.

Other Uverites wishing for land soon journeyed out west and found another fertile river called the Ardugal River. They founded the Ardu Ahi civilization, yet another culture obsessed with Wheat farming. The Ardu Ahi people got along pretty well with their cousins to the south, the Asishi who were sugarcane farmers descendant of early Digashi. Trade between the Ardugal and Varian civilizations soon ensued, and a community of traders emerged, calling themselves the Kirra and centering their culture around a coastal trading post called Ivrit.

With the consolidation of power in Kirra, however, came a limiting of freedom, so many traders took off along the coast, finding solace in new settlements. North across the sea settled the Cargu, and northeast the Ghugu. The Ghugu traders soon came into contact with a foreign entity that did not speak a branch of the Varian river language group, at least not initially. The Mim'amu, as they were called, were a culture rich society of traders, and after about 50 years, the Mim'amu soon made linguistic accommodations in effort to cooperate better with the Ghugu and Cargu, furthering trade benefits. The Mim'amu did not take long to adopt the Varian tongue.

Historical lineage tracing dates the Mim'amu back as descendants of not Varian folk, but Suppan. Another pair of rivers across the desert to the west of the Varian and Ardugal rivers was home to several thriving civilizations that formed shortly after the dawn of Uver. The easternmost river, the Suppan River, was home to the Suppans, a deeply spiritual culture centered around the river delta, the Andrempu, a less spiritually concerned and more trade oriented people to their south, and the Latsha, a bountiful civilization nestled between the most fertile part of the Suppan River and the Lake Bestital. The Nihamurat lived not along the river, but up the coast from their Suppan ancestors. The opposite shores of the Lake Bestital featured the Astana people who were an amalgam of Suppan immigrants and folk from the other river, the Rijat River.

The Rijat was not as densely populated as the Suppan, housing only the Drubela and the Vrashme. The Drubela were another culture obsessed with farming, however, their chief crop was rice, farming wheat on the side. The Vrashme to their south were a reserved and purposefully isolated culture focused on river fishing more so than farming. The only real reason they were a sedentary people is because their capital city, Vhradhmaja, was in a location steeped in animist importance and tradition. The Drubela, for a long period of time, had no contact with any civilizations other than Suppa and Vrashme until they encountered the Komoyon, a strange, isolated culture known for its eager fruit traders. The Komoyon lineage is unknown, but some say they came from the unknown lands to the west since their culture is not very similar to those in the known world.

Another pair or rivers to the east of the Varian and Ardugal called the Levas and the Razaiah rivers experienced settlement around the same time the Suppan and Rijat were populated. At the Levas delta sat the Levashtu, a very friendly group that was quite serious about their worship. Upriver from Levashtus was Alebem and Aluhima, in that order. Both civilizations were even more spiritual than Levashtus and Alebem had a particular desire for the river delta, claiming that the delta of the river was rich with natural spirits and the Levashtu were skimping on their appreciation of this element. The Razaiah River featured two mysterious cultures, the Iazerah and the Tasaiah, both obsessed with worshiping dark spirits of the dead in particular. The Levas River cultures did not have an affinity of any sort for these matters and were quite scornful of the Razaiah river groups.

In between the Levas and Varian, in the dusty Timari Hills, lay the Kalasos capital, Timarios, a trading post that quickly gained popularity among travelers and tradesmen. With not much to produce in the desert, the Kalasi relied on being an intermediary of exchange and raiding nomadic tribes around them in the desert. A culture similar to Kalasos, Esastis, sprung up along the coast to the northeast of Timarios. Esastis was not in a primary position to trade, so they focused on fishing and exploring the waters. To the west over the Timari hills lay a collection of younger settlements that looked like frisky traders bent on expansion. The Meters, stationed around their capital city, Amperes, were believed to be descendants of the Cargu to the south, and were similarly bent on trade. North across the Senari Strait lay the growing trade point called Senartis. The Senari once controlled the entire peninsula they live on, but the Keweenai and Usir forced them to the extreme south of the peninsula. The Keweenai and Usir are not like the Cargu descendants, as they migrated south from unknown lands in the north.

Likely around Year 220, a series of tribes along the southern portion of the Razaiah River made their way across the desert to the Pyremi River and settled along and around it. The Pyremics were centered at the delta, along with the Eshani and Bathi upriver. All three groups were heavy wheat farmers as well as hopeful fishermen who indulged in the plentiful colored bass that call the Pyremi River home. A small peninsula north of the Pyremi River began to quickly grow in population in the late 200's. The Pyrakhiti, as they were called, traded regularly with the Pyremi cultures, although they mostly believed that the Pyrakhiti were out of their minds allowing a woman to rule them.

Very recently, around year 280, a strip of coast far to the east of the Senari Strait began to see consolidation of tribal power, and the Estantics, as they were called were soon joined in the region by a foreign culture called Elwytr, likely hailing from the north. The Elwytroi were driven south by unknown aggressors, and although their language and skin tone differed from the Estantics, the two recognized similarities in culture and social structure that allowed them to be friendly toward one another.

In just a short 300 years, the Uverites established the first civilization, followed by a boom in sedentary settlement in various regions along rivers and coasts, and even in the middle of arid lands. As cultures begin to discover one another, it begs this question to be asked: Where will the blood spill first?

Map:
Spoiler :

Please remember to glance at the rules before submitting orders, because with new game mechanics such as the technology tree, it's important you know what you are doing. Not that it matters this early, but stats will be posted later. I will decide on a due date for orders. You can check the first post on the front page to see when they are due.

Great first update!

ooc: nice update, very good intro into all the starting states.

Also you've placed the city of Senartis in a slightly wrong spot. Here's an amended world map with the correct location.

Very nice to see this started. Good update!

ooc: nice update, very good intro into all the starting states.

Also you've placed the city of Senartis in a slightly wrong spot. Here's an amended world map with the correct location.

I did realize that when I fielded your submission, however, the convention I have used in my map work for years is to not place capital cities on top of black coastline, but on land. This prevents players from making their civilization on one tiny island or peninsula that cannot support a capital city and keeps the coastlines clean for easier map editing. You can feel free to say that Senartis is at that particular point, but the official map will not reflect that due to convention.

IC: since its the same message to all the below powers I've put it in a single message, but the players represented in context would have each received an individual message.

To Komoyo, Mim'amu, Elwyr and the Keweenai.
From: Phenaros Senatir, The Basat of the Senari and Lord of Senartis

We request in the interests of trade permission to establish trading emporia (effectively a Senari quarter with civic self-management) in your cities, wherein our merchants can conduct their business with your nations and where they may manage their own internal affairs amongst themselves and take solace in their own kind while they are abroad far from home.

-

OOC:

@Dominatr, That's all well and good and I have no problem with that, except that I didn't place my capital on the coastline but on the fairly substantial bit of peninsular land to the south of where you put it (with all four of the black squares on solid ground).

That said if you don't want to accept the amended map I posted on convention (it seems you count the white indicator lines of cities as part of the city proper for the purposes of convention), than its not really that big of an issue. I'll just as you say, say its where I put it rather than where you've located it and all my maps will reflect as such.

We request in the interests of trade permission to establish trading emporia (effectively a Senari quarter with civic self-management) in your cities, wherein our merchants can conduct their business with your nations and where they may manage their own internal affairs amongst themselves and take solace in their own kind while they are abroad far from home.
TO the Southrons who sent us this
No.

To Komoyo, Mim'amu, Elwyr and the Keweenai.
From: Phenaros Senatir, The Basat of the Senari and Lord of Senartis

To Senartis
From Keidari Talvi Sielu of the Keweenai

We appreciate the offer, but we would see to it that it is amended. As a counter-offer, we will wish to establish our own trading "emporium" within Senartis at the same time that will allow housing and all amenities to our people at competitive prices. This sector will be in practice of Guran, our Keweenai faith, and be a place of trade and exchange. We will also recommend that the Senari sector established within our capital to be governed by our state and follow our own laws.

To: Keidari Talvi Sielu of the Keweenai
From: Phenaros Senatir, Basat of the Senari and Lord of Senartis

We have no objection to the establishment of a Keweenai quarter (emporium) within the trading district of Senartis for your merchants, provided of course that they adhere to the laws of the Senari as you reasonably request with regards to our merchants in your lands, and of course if the Keweenai agree to the reciprocal establishment of our own emporium in your city under the terms we've requested, including of course allowance for the practice of the Senari religion as you request of us.

-

ooc: civic self-management /= not following local laws with regards to our request, rather basically meaning the quarter is run by the communities organisation within the local apparatus.

Way too advanced for current times....

We barely have wheelbarrows. We definitely don't have bureaucratic governments let alone the apparatuses needed to develop a 'trade quarter'.

And laws are not yet codified. Also... distances involved.

ooc: I sent similar requests to NPC's and some of them agreed (which requires GM approval) so its not "too advanced for current times'. Likewise given we have heads of state and cities, that predicates some level of government, law, and bureaucracy (even if its just a community elder subordinated to the King) since such things are necessary for cities and states to function in general. Furthermore given that the Sumerians (the early phases of which being in terms of civilisation roughly where we are now) were trading with India by ship (and we do have ships, as the background behind nations like Cargu shows), a distance roughly equivalent to the distance between Senartis and Drubela, I think the distances between my nation and the nations I made requests too is not unreasonable in terms of plausible maximal distances.

That said if you want the Mim'amu to live in a state of lawless anarchy and glorious isolation that's up to you :p

Top Bottom