• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Double Your Pleasure

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
In c3c and ptw, installing a mod/scenario doesn't alter anything. You only get a new option under "Civ Content" (or "Scenarios" IIRC in ptw).

But better go to the RaR thread, and also get the 1.01 patch (it is buried somewhere in that 38 pages, but you find a link on the main page when you search for "This weeks downloads" some time back).

Thanks! That's what I thought. Now all I have to do is find the RaR thread...

ok, thought i keep the thread alive alittle longer and ask a question about an error message i got. it read as follows,
Art\Units\UH1\..\Helicopter\Helicopter Run.wav
i was upgrading all my cavalry when it popped up. i checked the unit file and didn't see any wav files. so my question is where'd they go or is there even supposed to be a wav file?

That is a known, odd problem. The .ini file wants a "Helicopter Run.wav", but originally they game seems to be distributed with a "HelicopterRun.wav" (without the space). This was changed with one of the patches.
The solution to your problem is: Go to the Helicopter folder, make a copy of the one without space, and rename it including the space.

thanks for the help doc, :goodjob:

This mod is too good to be true! Thank you for making such an awesome mod. I have a question though.

Sometimes when I attack or get attacked there's a battle animation but the enemy unit is invisible -- I mean that you can't see it during the battle even though you can see your own unit fighting. Is this normal? I realize that some units are invisible but I would have thought that they would become visible during the battle animation. Please help :)

cierdan said:
Sometimes when I attack or get attacked there's a battle animation but the enemy unit is invisible -- I mean that you can't see it during the battle even though you can see your own unit fighting. Is this normal? I realize that some units are invisible but I would have thought that they would become visible during the battle animation. Please help :)

It's normal, I'm afraid. Invisible units were never fully implemented in Civ3 (not even in the Conquest expansion). The flag to give units invisibility was only meant to be used for Naval units, so all sorts of odd things happen with invisible land units, including occasionally freezing the game when they approach automated workers. :crazyeye:

Hopefully that's gonna improve with Civ4. :)

Have a question.

Has any one been having problems with DYP. I find that a lot of the text seems to not make sence, like when you clik on a tile the wording is wrong.

Also the game after I get to the date 500BC runs slower. And the auto save only saves the last move, I thought it would save more likc CIv 3 it give you the last 5 moves.Last night it was taking 15min for a turn.

Do you have these problem also?

Other than that It seems to be great.
Dlanor

The first problem is because you must update your version of Civ3 (or PtW or C3C, whichever you have) to the latest version. The patches are available here on Civfanatics or on Civ3.com for example. :)

The second problem I can not explain. There is nothing we can do to change how the game autosaves, that's part of the code which is not alterable. I guess it's probably using the same name for all autosaves, instead of saving with different names, and that causes your autosave to be overwritten each time. But why that is happening, I can't explain, i'm afraid.

This makes Civ Vannila worth buying you should be paid for saving the game from certain doom
-------------------
some problems ive had
Too many hyperlinks error... I got it after playing for like 4 hours str8 makes game sorta freeze...
Balancing... Religious strength im not sure if religion is that good of a choice anymore being that you need to have insence to build everything
War Camels... Im totaly owning these Tibetans with my war camels... but these camels arent very animated... and move silently

The hyperlinks error is hard coded into Civ3. There are only so many that can be linked too, and it's a problem with the civilopedia...nothing can be done, other than editing out some of the stuff in the pediaicons.txt file.

it appears that theres some problems with the Incas they do not build Inti Warriors or Serfs
there is no info on Constitutional Monarchy, Panzer is "not in this version" but they are...

Ooops I was editing scenario rules and it mixed up the units... I guess the only problems that I know of are with Civpedia

I have the double your pleasure on the civ3 complete game and and the end of the tech tree when I get the manhattan project the game say cannot find file and boots off is there a patch I cant download to fix it

I believe there were copyright issues with the versions that came with the game.

You can download the full version for PTW here, Vanilla Civ 3 here. And if you're playing conquests, I suggest you check out the C3C version, RnR. Thread is here, download here.

Discovered RaR just by accident.
Downloaded 1.02 and upgraded tot 1.22.
GREAT mod!!!
Problem: Playing Persians, discovered advanced flight and want to build fighters.
Games halts. Message: No file ..ART/Units/P-38 Lightning/P-38 Lightning.ini.
I checked and indeed no file and even no P-38 folder exists.
Please help me. Where to get those files?

AvG.

Top Bottom