Earth challenge (huge size)

What's with the island tile in the southern Indian Ocean with the ice, jungle, and oil platform all on it?

Does this map have all 34 civs playing on it at the same time? If so how did you add them all on the map. Ive been making my own world map and I can't find a way to add the extra bts civs to the 18 civ map.

No, there are only the 14 that are shown in the image in the first post.

I just hit Industrial, finally finishing up my conquest of the Inca. I managed to Doggy Rush Monty at the start, like Danjuno suggested, and he had two cities filled with nothing but Jags, and his third filled with archers. He send two of the archers to reinforce his capitol but I managed to intercept them. Egypt looks like the big power over in the Old World, with most of Africa owned. :/ I seem to be falling behind tech wise, but the S.A. grasslands are almost chopped and settled, and I'm going to switch to an espionage economy in a few turns. Dont think this ones winnable, unfortunately.

In mine Egypt was a major power. Egypt, Rome, and the Zulu formed a triumvirate that were the major bloc to take down the Malinese. I'm partial to Ramses and know that given the right circumstances he can be a real powerhouse, but in an ancient setting, stuck between Caesar and Shaka . . . Mister Miaggi was right about the middle, "Sooner or later squished just like grape." The two of them turned on Ramses almost immediately as soon as Mansa was dead.

Tech wise it was hard to tell what was really going on, well until I had enough espionage, but it seems that the other civs were able to pretend to have enough tech by making a strong push for the military side of the tech tree. That kills you in the long run.

Aiolos I hope you can make it through. I'd like to see what a more military approach would do to the game.

I don't understand why some of the starts are nerfed, while others are pumped full of resources? For example, India starts with no hills + jungle, where if you want to get hill you have to settle where you go unhealthy. On the other hand, the Mali get their Gems un-jungled, same with their Ivory and over-all have a better start than they normally would.

It's definitely got less resources in Europe than the original earth map. I am also not used to epic so my praetorian/axe rush got off to a little bit of a slower start than usual.

That's Île Kerguelen. The topping is my little easter egg, though. :smug:

Oh hey, I remembered finding a Town in the Ocean, is that the easter egg?
I took a screenshot, but forgot to upload it from my gaming computer.

Also, just for fun I played some Shaka on Normal, which was interesting. I have a strong feeling Egypt is in fact the easiest civ to play. That starting area is *nuts* good. Flood plain desert + Stone and Marble? Yowsa!

Finished up the Native Americans on Monarch with a Culture win. I don't know how you guys who play the long times can handle the time involved. It took me nineteen hours to finish. I'd essentially won five hours before I was done. We lost two more civs. That gave us a fifty percent casualty rate in my game.

Attachments

• Score0000.JPG
    Score0000.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 160
  • End0000.JPG
    End0000.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 231
  • timeline0000.JPG
    timeline0000.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 215
Finished up the Native Americans on Monarch with a Culture win. I don't know how you guys who play the long times can handle the time involved. It took me nineteen hours to finish. I'd essentially won five hours before I was done. We lost two more civs. That gave us a fifty percent casualty rate in my game.

Gotta play fast. Search for TMIT's guide, it makes Civ IV muuch more enjoyable.

Besides epic speed, what settings are required?

I'd rather not have events. :lol:

I got going as the Inca yesterday. I'm playing on Monarch, but I figured a Quecha-rush would work just fine. I was surprised to find that Pacal didn't even have archers... so, he's a goner and then I staked a claim on Panama to secure a chokepoint on Monty. Now, I can expand south and east at my leisure. Well, almost leisure, the sheer number of barbs was getting ridiculous for a while there. I'm thinking cultural victory is the path of least resistance. I got hinduism right off the bat and got CoL with Oracle, so confucianism, as well.

It's been mentioned a couple times, but i don't think anyone has really asked:
Why no tech trading?
It's kind of a major feature of the game, and shutting it off rather discourages Space Race victories (or at least early ones)

Well, almost leisure, the sheer number of barbs was getting ridiculous for a while there.

Amen to that.

I started a few times, but this map is too big. :p

Congratulations! Could you tell me the score?

Never really played epic or without tech trading, it's kind of a different game than normal. Once you get going you can really take advantage of the slow speeds (rush buying, for instance, becomes much more advantageous) and the computer seems to tech much slower. Give me a few more days and I should have a nice Roman domination/space race victory. :)

I don't usually play on epic, but my game as Egypt is going pretty good. (Probably because I played on Chieftain, instead of Warlord :D)

I'm finished! :D
Too bad I scored horribly... :lol:
Civ: Egypt
Normalized Score: 8260
"Real" Score: 4301
Victory: Space Race
End Date: January, 1963 A.D
Image: See attachment.

Edit:
Finished in 7 hours ;)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG