By the way, what is the maximum number of units recognized by the game editor?
Until now, nobody had found a limit. CCM 2.5 holds more than 3000 units, CCM 2.6 will hold more than 4000 units.
In the game C3C has a limit of 8192 units (MUA= Maximum Units Allowed), but with the Flintlock mod this limit has fallen.

This is a new idea, that some major nations could build a The Pentagon alternative as a small wonder in parallel. Most nations also have a national defense agency. Do you think it will malfunction? I haven't tested it in this direction yet, but I have to try it.

What is the maximum number building that can be placed in a map?
The .biq doesn't have a "Military" Improvements Flag; my point is that, with too many Often/Never Flags, the game engine is overwhelmed, and simply reverts to default settings (whatever those might be ... :confused: An even more damning assessment can be found HERE.

The base game has a limit of 512 cities (although there are several workarounds for this - see HERE for some examples.)

... Let's see (Oz does some quick research ... :think: )
That doesn't seem like a lot of buildings, so perhaps @Civinator or @AnthonyBoscia might lend a hand :dunno:

8192 units on map
I divided 8192 by 32 and got 256:)
he .biq doesn't have a "Military" Improvements Flag; my point is that, with too many Often/Never Flags, the game engine is overwhelmed, and simply reverts to default settings (whatever those might be ... :confused: An even more damning assessment can be found HERE.

I looked at the link you provided, if I understand correctly, it refers to the settings where I set the unique construction properties of the civilizations, the behavior of the AI civilization, for example, which units it favors and which units it never builds.
Can't I counter this possibility by not allowing the given civilization to build the unit I don't want it to build?

That's what I mean in this picture:

Attachments

• Build NeverBuild Often.jpg
    Build NeverBuild Often.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 30
This is a new idea, that some major nations could build a The Pentagon alternative as a small wonder in parallel. Most nations also have a national defense agency. Do you think it will malfunction? I haven't tested it in this direction yet, but I have to try it.

What is the maximum number building that can be placed in a map?
The .biq doesn't have a "Military" Improvements Flag; my point is that, with too many Often/Never Flags, the game engine is overwhelmed, and simply reverts to default settings (whatever those might be ... :confused: ) An even more damning assessment can be found HERE.

The base game has a limit of 512 cities (although there are several workarounds for this - see HERE for some examples.)

... Let's see (Oz does some quick research ... :think: )
  1. I believe that Conquests boosted the number of Units from 4096 to 8192 ...
  2. ... And: Not a clue.

Addendum 1 You're absolutely correct about Units; regardless, I'd have a look at the brilliant "Advanced Auto-Production" which @Civinator devised for CCM.

Addendum 2: For Imps/GWs/SWs, in Terra Fantasia, I have both Culture Groups and "pseudo-Traits." Each Civ can build a Cultural "Obelisk" as well as a "Trait Codex" (the Traits are Militaristic, Scientific, & Religious.) Many Imps/GWs/SWs require either a specific Each has a Cost of 10, Culture +1, and therefore there are 15 possible, different pathways for Imps/GWs/SWs.

Addendum 2: For Imps/GWs/SWs, in Terra Fantasia, I have both Culture Groups and "pseudo-Traits." Each Civ can build a Cultural "Obelisk" as well as a "Trait Codex" (the Traits are Militaristic, Scientific, & Religious.) Many Imps/GWs/SWs require either a specific Each has a Cost of 10, Culture +1, and therefore there are 15 possible, different pathways for Imps/GWs/SWs.

I once played a civilization iii medieval mod where you could only build any buildings after building your own culture codex, all 31 civilizations had their own starting culture codex. what you wrote here reminds me of that.

I solved which civilization can access which cultural buildings, which special units...or...which cultural city official can employ in its city, by separately creating free scientific developments to which I assigned the given things. Each civilization sees its own cultural mix, for example those peoples who see the consumption of pork only have access to the pig as a strategic resource, Muslim civilizations and Jewish civilization do not see it:

Attachments

• EGMII_1.10_freeTechs.jpg
    EGMII_1.10_freeTechs.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 28
EGMII 1.11 beta patch is available!

For some reason the Asian citizens heads were still not set up the best in the popHeads.pcx file, I fixed that.
The M1A2DesertFidget.wav file was missing, I replaced it with the Fidget_US.wav file

Last edited:
I've been picking units for the unit expansion for the game mod lately.
I have an idea, but I don't know if I can make it happen.
I often run into troop transport units, such as cargo.
My question is, is it possible to transport infantry, not mechanized units like tanks?
Is there a way to set how much space a unit takes up in a shipping unit, or how much space a unit takes up? Because then it could be set that a tank takes 3 units of space, infantry units 1 unit, if a transport vehicle could transport 1 or 2 units, then the AI civilizations would not be able to transport the tank.
(I noticed that the submarine can be selected to carry a nuclear charge, not other units, this can be set in the editor.)
Would the AI transport unit transport other units by land at all, similar to sea or air transport?

I've been picking units for the unit expansion for the game mod lately.
I have an idea, but I don't know if I can make it happen.
I often run into troop transport units, such as cargo.
My question is, is it possible to transport infantry, not mechanized units like tanks?
Is there a way to set how much space a unit takes up in a shipping unit, or how much space a unit takes up? Because then it could be set that a tank takes 3 units of space, infantry units 1 unit, if a transport vehicle could transport 1 or 2 units, then the AI civilizations would not be able to transport the tank.
(I noticed that the submarine can be selected to carry a nuclear charge, not other units, this can be set in the editor.)
Would the AI transport unit transport other units by land at all, similar to sea or air transport?
You can set the Transport to carry only Foot units, you just have to make sure that the Tank and other Armored units are set to Wheeled Units. You then could add something like an LST which would transport only Wheeled units. To keep the AI from using it, you then could limit who could build the ship.

You can set the Transport to carry only Foot units, you just have to make sure that the Tank and other Armored units are set to Wheeled Units. You then could add something like an LST which would transport only Wheeled units. To keep the AI from using it, you then could limit who could build the ship.

:thumbsup:
Thanks, that's a really good idea, I'm going to set all mechanized and tank units as wheeled units.

Wyrmshadow made a really nice Liberty Ship that you could use as your standard transport, and then use the transport that looks like a landing craft that comes with the game for the Wheeled units. You can find the download for the Liberty ship here. https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/liberty-ship.5386/

LibertyShip.gif

Now, if I could just figure out how to add this to the standard unit pack for Play the World and Conquests.

Wyrmshadow made a really nice Liberty Ship that you could use as your standard transport, and then use the transport that looks like a landing craft that comes with the game for the Wheeled units. You can find the download for the Liberty ship here.
I would like to know if infantry units could be transported by putting them in a ground military truck unit that would provide speed, but its protection is reduced.
for example, it could be delivered in such a unit, will the AI use it, I don't know?:
Military truck, M325(gwendoline's work)

M325.gif

Is there a game mod in which this opportunity has been taken advantage of?

I am now collecting units for my game mod, there are a lot of units up there which is impressive. I don't want to miss any good ones, so it takes me a lot of time to comb/review the downloadable selection.

Last edited:
Do a Search for the member "imperator1961," and click on "Resources," and literally be braced for your draw dropping: 11 pages of Unit sets. Here's one example: "A World in Arms: German Army of WW2 Part VI" -
  • German Sturmpioner Explosive
  • German Sturmpioner Flamethrower
  • German Sturmpioner Inflatable Boat
  • German Sturmpioner Mine
  • German Sturmpioner Mine Clearing
  • German Volkssturm
  • German Volkssturm Cyclist
  • German Volkssturm Panzerfaust
  • German Volkssturm VG 45
Enjoy!

Do a Search for the member "imperator1961," and click on "Resources," and literally be braced for your draw dropping: 11 pages of Unit sets. Here's one example: "A World in Arms: German Army of WW2 Part VI"
Thanks for sharing, I've seen loads of unit packs uploaded before. These unit additions make the Civilization 3 game attractive to this day.
The main reason for my slow progress is the performance of everyday tasks, unfortunately I have very little time on a daily basis to improve the game mod.
But I try to do it as my time allows.

My main line is that each nation in the game will get the units they use or have in real life, I also have an idea that they will have some old cold war units that some states will have all of them but can't continue with construction because it is outdated.

I would like to know if infantry units could be transported by putting them in a ground military truck unit that would provide speed, but its protection is reduced.
for example, it could be delivered in such a unit, will the AI use it, I don't know?:
Military truck, M325(gwendoline's work)

View attachment 652556
Is there a game mod in which this opportunity has been taken advantage of?

I am now collecting units for my game mod, there are a lot of units up there which is impressive. I don't want to miss any good ones, so it takes me a lot of time to comb/review the downloadable selection.
The AI cannot use such a land transport and even for Flintlock it would be difficult to create such an option for the AI in the Flintlock mod. See the last answer here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...rd-and-much-more.666881/page-51#post-16337576

The only land transport working for the AI is the army unit, but here there are problems with unloading units out of an army and if this will be tried to fix there are problems to load such a modified army unit into a transport (ship or plane).

Top Bottom