Earth2000.OneBillion Se

Rhye said:
by the way, i would like to add this link to RoC site, but the FTP doesn't work...
What FTP? Do you mean download it and post it on your site? That'd be cool

Yeah, I did make a b-line for sailing. I figured that to really have a chance I needed to take out england early on before they started building their own navy.

As far as the use of the faster workers; I was thinking more along the lines of the outer edges of your empire (newly conquered/founded cities). Maybe make them require alot more shields to build? Or a small wonder (army corp. of engineers) that creates one every few turns?

It's a possiblity, but not in the immediate future. First is getting somemore feedback, making sure there aren't any problems, see if the mod can't garner a bit of a following, and hopefully at some point playing through it myself.

I'd like to hear how's Spacer's game is going with those crazy Siamese

during the modern age the game crashed regarding some chariot.wav file - i didn't get a good look at it. a lot of sneak attacks for me apparently, sometime by really weak civs that were just asking for it.

Chariots in the modern age? Wonder what civ that was
Regardless, did you dowload and install the latest patch (attached at bottom of 1st post)? You can do that now and still pick up where you left off in your last save. If you've already done that and it hasn't solved all the problems, please write down the error message and post it here, and I'll fix it right away.
Also, I'd be interested to know what civilization still cruising around in a horse drawn cart in the modern ages in your game. Any other details you'd be willing to share about how your game's progressing would be appreciated to.

it wasn't my civ... as the turn was loading btw civs, i think it one of the less advanced civs had chariots - some of the civs were really slow to develop, which is fine since not every civ progresses at the same rate. yeah i uploaded all the newest patches.

I join the group !

Count on me :D

Lachlan said:
I join the group !

Count on me :D
Excellent. Glad to hear!

@dc82: Still, not even the native american or zulu should be that far behind at that point. Unless perhaps it was some remote, wondering barbarian. Could you load up the latest save before you experienced the error and see exactly what the error message was?

<<shrug>> i put most of the civs in, so a few of them were closed in to only one city, which i think hindered their technological development.

The mod is actually intended to be played with 31 civs. Not that there's anything wrong with taking some out for a smaller game, but even the crowded starting location cities should develope at a resonable rate, and have in the tests I've run (with the exception of some primitive societies, like the zulu's or American civs).
Anyway, I've tested out all the chariots, and haven't had any problems. I'm afraid unless you tell me exactly what the error message said, I'll be unable to help you solve the problem. Its possible that the unit wasn't a chariot at all. Many units reference other units sound files, so it could be even a infantryman that uses the same shout some charioteer. Every unit was tested several times in game before the initial posting, but there's a small chance some neccessary file was deleted while I clearing out extraneous files just before I zipped the thing up. So again, specifics would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah it's ok... I'll try it again soon. I started as China and for some reason, Korea never got to expand, and I soon trapped them by building in Manchuria. India, prob. because of the maze of forests never went south, so I was able to expand down to most of subcontinent.

China is a superpower pretty much throughout the game. Tell me though, how far behind was Koreain tech? A civs number of cities isn't nearly as good an indicator of its overall strength and science in E2K.Ob as it is in the standard game because of the lower Optimal city number. After 10 cities (on the world map, less for the multimaps) corruption and waste have a bigger effect, so small countries aren't always weak ones.
India didn't expand into the lower portion of its penisula? I think I'll make their starting position slightly more favorable and possibly reduce the number of barbarians nearby, although the barbs do keep them from expanding east into indo-china

And remember folks, save often!

Haha yeah, I should save more often. To be honest, I think Korea was pretty far behind, only 'cuz I isolated it from the rest of the world since the only other civ around was Japan, which actually did expand throughout the island, but I had already taken over most of the eastern half of China.

I think it's the maze of jungles that makes it hard to expand, at least within India - to explore the world, I had to carefully navigate certain sections up and down to get through.

The Near East civ's were doing pretty well, Persia and Babylon were pretty advanced. European civs were trying to expand, except that for them with so many civs it's hard to expand too much - Only Russia really had the luxury of massive unobstructed expansion.

Game's pretty fun though, I enjoy it a lot. Great job!

Excellent. Good to hear things are progessing well.
The AI's pathfinding should not have any difficulty manuevering the series of geographical impediments in India. More likely it the the unproductiveness of the terrian at their start.
Europe, despite its small size, is very abundant in resources and favorable terrain. Despite the small area European civs cover, they should be at or very close to the top of the tech race, and control sizable armies. Rome consitantly becomes a superpower, and the scandinavins and sometimes spain do very well too. France and germany are usually hit or miss.

New patch and readme up!
The patch contains several new graphics and some small changes to the game. You will have to restart any games in progress for these changes to take effect, but the additions and changes are minor (and no new bugs to fix) so I wouldn't go scrapping any old saves just for this update. And as is usual, the updated InFAQ will probably not tell you anything you didn't know already.

>_< Damnit someone ship me conquest's.... I can never play the good mods

Dont know if this was fixed in the newer patch but I got a crash when i tried to upgrade a frigate to a predreadnought. "File Not Found: art/units/earlybattleship/dreadrun.wav"

Top Bottom