Earth2000.OneBillion Se

I think my biggest gripe at this point is still the pollution - it's hard enough trying to work on land improvements (esp. clearing forests to build cities) - it's more of a bother to always deal with pollution popping up, esp. at your developed cities at the end, when it just slowly kills of your population - in past civ games, I've personally just tried to eliminate pollution altogether (or at least the best I can, making a bunch of improvements, wonders, anti-pollution, at least to counter the natural pollution production).

I can't seem to be able to change marshes or jungles into other terrain types, despite learning Ecology.

Otherwise, the end's pretty interesting - the tech tree lines seem a bit... "interesting," although the new units are a refreshing change - oh yeah... apparently you can research smartest weapons before smarter weapons, or whatever the tech is called. Maybe as a reward for reaching the end, there can be some special wonders - maybe ones that give you certain improvements for all cities - thus, modern/future age city building isn't tedious, with the constant need to build harbors, granaries, aqueducts, etc.

Good job though, although I have yet to finish up the game - Took out the Koreans, Japanese, and Indians. At first I wanted to play peaceful... but I want to connected my empire Persia and the Turks (Ottomans) split my Eurasian kingdom in half.

Heheh, yes, the end of the tech tree has seen a few changes. As the very last techs will likely only become researched after a victory has been award, I was willing try some creative experimentation there..
Thanks for catching that very late-game technical oversight. I'll update the patch today.
As for pollution, I'll experiment with adding a second pollution reducing improvement, available in the industrial age. It'll be something like "Waste Management" or similar, with 50% more maintainence than the Recycling center. However, with the way pollution works, the recycling center and waste management won't be cumulitive. It'll be one or the other, having both won't provide any additional pollution reduction. The downside to this might be the AI building both improvements and getting zonked with extra maintainence cost, plus loss of time while they construct both.
I think I like this solution better: Factory produces only 1 pollution, 1 more maintainence, and clearing pollution takes less time for workers. Cheaper Recycling centers.

Bungus i have a problem, when i retire the game indicate to me that a file is missing "Shap.pcx"

I will play with revealed map
For learning, no problem ???

I will play covered map in final version

That's never happened before. The Shap.pcx is a image you'll only see at the victory or defeat screen, and since it only shows 8 of your 30 opponents heads, it's likely one of the new leaders head isn't being referenced correctly. Chances are good yuo never had the faulty image appear when you retire (never happened during testing).
I will find the source of the error, but it'll have to wait until tonight. In the mean time, there's a chance you just won't be able to retire a game without a crash, no big deal.

Also, before you start a new game I'm uploading another patch in a few minutes.

This will effect pollution and the last few techs of the game.
-Clear damage base completion time reduced 40%
-Factory pollution halved.
-Recycling centers cheaper to build.

Also included will be a "Lite" version for slower machines. It has less barbarians.

Patch up, Gentlemen!
Bungus said:
This patch will effect pollution and the last few techs of the game.
-Clear damage(pollution) base completion time reduced 40%
-Factory pollution halved.
-Recycling centers cheaper to build.

Also included will be a "Lite" version for slower machines. It has less barbarians.
You will have to restart a game for these changes to take effect
The biqs have been updated again a few posts down. They are also included in the 9-17 Patch on in the first post.

Just started playing my own game, on Alexander difficulty (3rd easiest) as the Celts. If anyone's curious; I'm losing!
The changes to the early tech tree really add alot more strategy to the ancient age. The celts in particular are a challenging civ. Isolated with England as their only contact, I probably should have researched wood working first for the boats, so tech trading would have been possible. England declared war on me in like 3000 BC because I wouldn't give them 20 bucks. That was probably the cause of all the animosity between the English and Irish in real life too. I don't think we'll see peace anytime soon.
Now I'm not the most objective critic, but I'd have to say its pretty damn good so far.

Can you make an unique patch because it's not clear ?

Yeah, I started a new game with the celts on Sun Tzu. It was alot harder in the beginning than my 1st attempt. The only thing that really got me back into the game and let me overtake the tech lead was a golden age and building of the G.L. I was going for a peaceful cultural victory, but I guess I needed more cities to amass culture points (had 16 total). I ended up settling for spaceship victory.

I had alot of fun and was really impressed with some of the civs.

Rome: They were a superpower the entire game up until they declared war on me. I paid virtually all of their neighbors to join in on the war against them which kept them busy while I concentrated on techs and wonders. Even then they finished the game in 2nd.

Carthage: They managed to be a top 3 civ the entire game. They monopolized the colonization of the African coastline and of South America (aside from a couple of northern S.A. colonies of mine and a couple random ones by other civs).
I
Both Rome and Carthage had huge ancient/middle age Navies. If it wasnt for me building Cothon, Rome would have easily gotten some of my cities thru naval conquest.

Inca: Though they were never close to the top civs on terms of techs, the inca managed to wage successful wars against both Carthage and Spain. They more than doubled the size of their empire as a result of these two wars and ended up with 80% of the S.A. continent to themselves.

Russia: They never were a Superpower, but they managed to hold off the Roman advance into their territory and surprisingly managed to colonise all of Australia (think they ended up with like 8 australian colonies)

China: Ended the game with the highest score. They had the largest empire (present day china, india, korea and mongolia) and largest army (they had over 90 cavalry the last time I checked). Good thing I was an island nation.

Austria: Ended the game with a score of 0. They mustve lost their capital very early in the game. The 1st time I heard from them was in the 1500's. They had a spearman and settler fortified off the northeastern coast of Canada. They never did form another city, but would trade maps with me on occasion. lol

Iroquois: They had a decently sized empire consisting of canada and new england, but they did not build ONE road the entire game, not one. I planted a spy later in the game just to see what was up and they had 0 workers.

It was a fun game and even though I didnt win like I had wanted to, I really enjoyed playing. My empire consisted of ireland, england, scandinavia and 5 northern S.A. colonies. I had built most wonders and all my cities had every cultural building, but it just wasnt enough to win a 100k cultural victory (ended the game with like 80k).

Think Ill try Japan next and see what the world would be like if japan had conquered the America's.

I have a curious impression : only 30 civs (me in the pack) build their capital

How about preplaced capitales ?

How about replace Koreans for a generic "Barbarian civ" ? Would can capture cities of regular civs but can't build cities by herselve ? With preplaced cities around the world for blocate development of regular civs ?

Should can't have a diplomacy and research and gold but only cities 4-5 with upgraded ground around themselves ?

You take all the regular Civs in a same team with individual score ...
Civs in same team can attack betwen them ?

And in other side The Barbarians ?

Sorry, it's only an idea, is it possible ?

You're right there's a civ missing!
I just checked, it it appears 1 random civ is not getting a settler (or tribal guard). Needless to say, this is a pretty big problem and will have to be remedied ASAP. The reason for this problem eludes me for the moment, but if I cannot fix it within a couple of hours I will post a biq with preplaced cities until I find the source of the problem.

@Lachlan: Barbarians work rather well now. They're only supposed to be a hinderance in the early game or when you first discover a new continent. I think most people would prefere having 31 full civs than 30 and a half.
Can you make an unique patch because it's not clear ?
I don't understand. The 9-16_2 patch in my first post contains all the updates. The small zip files like the one on this page ("NewBiqs9-16.zip") are just there for people who downloaded the previous patch (9-15) and don't want to download the new one for a 377K update. Sorry if I confused you. Again, all you need is the patch in the first post.

@cHosey: Good post. What year and turn did you win? Icould make a 100K cultural victory easier. Did any of your cities come close to the 23K 1 city cultural victory?
About the Iroquios; native americans didn't build roads. China: Did they upgrade their cavalry at all? Were they behind in tech? Did you see any/many anti-tanks units used by the AI? Others: Rome and china I expected to grow strong, carthage I did not, and the Incas I'm shocked they were able to hold their own. Their starting position really sucks. Good for them.
Mongolia, not so tough after all? They probably have the best UU in the game..
Austria: Sounds like they were the unlucky civ that didn't start with a settler. Their worker wondered around and apparently poped a good hut though.. Aha, the problem must be a extra random starting location somewhere in canada! To the bat cave!

Found the source of the "31st civ" problem. It was a starting locating, right on the northern coast of canada. Apparently it over-rode the civ-specific atarting location. Poor Austrians, they were surrounded by eskimos and wolves..
New biqs for the Earth map will be up in a few minutes.

Mother ****ing patch won't update, but attached are the newest biq's for those of you who have the last patch. :)

Attachments

• NewBiqs9-17.zip
    377 KB · Views: 118
Can't get this to run, keep getting:

load error
file not found
"art\advisors\J7_all.pcx"

(dont' know how to import the word document i did with the print screen trick)
do i have this loaded in the correct folder? in the infogrames interactive folder I have two folders, civ III and civ 3 (this is the new one) then I put the patch in ....conquest/scenarios.....

downloaded dozens of mods and graphic packs but for some reason I'm dumbing out on this! NEED TO PLAY THIS MOD!! (before my preordered civ 4 arrives!)

thanks everyone!

Ugh, its the folders. The "Civilization 3" folder is the one the mod is in, but it should be in "Civilization III". When zipping it up I didn't notice that firaxis had spelled the "three" with "III", and I wanted to get all the kinks out of the mod before uploading it again (takes a long time). Anyway, just cut the contents of the "Civilization 3" folder and paste into the "Civilization III" folder.
Don't feel stupid (unless you've been called so elsewhere), my little folder typo has caused quite a few people problems.
I'll re-upload the entire updated version the begining of this week so nobody runs into that snaffoo anymore.

PS. You'll need to update the mod with the latest patch (9-17_1). That will bring you up to date.

Bungus: Can you please make an orderly enumeration of your patches ? For now I'm completly dumbfounded. First was 9_16 patch, after that 9_15_2, after that new9_16, and now 9_16 again ????
Can you make them just simple numbers like v.1, v.2 , v.2.1 etc ?

I suppose.. But where's the fun in that?
Reason we went backwards is because the newest patch wouldn't upload properly, but an old one did. 500 k and smaller files can just be attached to a message, so the 3 meg old patch + 500 k attachment = up to date mod.

But forget about all this, because the latest patch (9-17_1) is up! [EDIT: Latest patch not up.] It is the one I tried to uploaded yesterday. Apparently it got lost on the "information superhighway" for a day.
As far as naming conventions go, I'm at the mercy of the my computer and the server, but I'll try to make it more orthadox next time.

I had 8 turns left in the game when I won. Entremont was about 5 thousand short of 23k.

The mongols were destroyed early in the game before i had met any asian civs.

I think China didnt upgrade all their cavalry b/c they didnt have the money to. At least they didnt have any money the last couple times I talked to them.

Im having a problem with my newest game. Its the year 1260 and Im Japan. I just finished taking out China and Korea and when I go into the next turn it freezes. I dont get an error message, it just gives me the "please wait" and never does anything after that. I tried a bunch of different things from my side to change the results (changing city productions, not taking any korean-chinese cities, canceling all unit movement orders, etc.) but nothing worked. I think it must be something on the ai side thats freezing the game.
Its a shame, b/c I was kicking some serious ass and was about to concentrate on getting to navigation asap so I could move my armies to the Americas.

I could send u the saved game if you wanted to look at it or if someone could tell me the command for debug I might could look to see what is happening.

PS. Seige towers own.

pps. Just d/led the latest patch but when I unzip it it is empty.

PAIN IN THE MOTHER****ING ASS PIECE OF ****!! UPLOAD!! GOD DAMMIT

Since the server refuses to take any new files of mine over 500 k, please download the 9-16 patch and "patch for the patch.zip" at the bottom of the first post.

cHosey, sorry to hear about the crash. Glad to see you tried things on your end first, the problem may be a units32 icon or a corrupt bulding image graphic. If one of you cities just finished building something, or you just researched a new tech that made some new units structure available, one of your cities governors may be trying to switch production to that unit or improvement with a faulty city-view graphics file. If the save is under 500 k post it here, otherwise email it to bungoholes@yahoo.com and I'll find the cause. Most likely you will not lose your progress in that game.

Edit: just tested out Japan in the middle ages, everything appears buildable. So it may be a different civ. Strange no one else ran into the problem, unless it is something on your end. I'll definately need that save to be sure.

Top Bottom