1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Economy Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Valkrionn, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

If so, I'll leave it.

Glad to see you're enjoying. :goodjob: Now for your points...

• Whut? You must be running another mod with this, as Honor does not increase build speed. AFAIK, no policy affects unit build speed directly.
    • What better yields? The only thing I changed was bonus resource yields, by 2 at most. Also, what building maintenance reduction? Again, not something I did at all; Check what mods you have activated. :p
    • It is increased by 50%, yes.
    • Play with Afforess's ActiveCityDefense mod. He's made pretty much exactly the changes I would have. ;)

It will likely be a new download, the way the modbrowser is set up.

New luxury resource window? If you mean the one in the infopane, that's in the unreleased version. Otherwise, it's a mouseover in the top bar, but that one will be gone in v2.

I actually play epic as well. I don't advance eras as fast as you did, though... Guessing you focused on one specific branch? :p

Not really. Science is purely from population. The only resource that would help is Wheat.

Exactly.

2. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

Re: 200 BC Medieval

Dimes to dollars it was a great scientist. I know you aren't fond of altering their ability to get a free tech, Val, but it's far too strong. 50% of current tech is more than acceptable IMHO and nowhere near as overpowered. Same for research agreements.

As for population increases I think the maritime fix was needed.

3. Beatrix202

Beatrix202 Chieftain

Agreed. My only Gripe with this mod is with the +50% tech cost the Great Scientist bulb value is through the roof. The only way I can see a Scientist used for anything else is Babylon rushing Writing and dropping an academy. I think GPP needs a overhaul in general but that's alot of work and things should be done 1 step at a time.

On a side note your mod is great. It brings more life to the game and really spices it up. I look forward to this mod update as much as a official patch :)

4. ArgentumStudios

ArgentumStudios Warlord

I'm glad my little mod suits your needs. Feel free to give any feedback on general improvements that you'd like to see. :) Great work so far!

5. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

wow nice mod, looks great :)

I did a few little game speed changes for my Shiggs Earth mod, and pretty quickly had people asking me how to disable my changes so they could use yours :lol: pretty similar though, I only raised tech cost 33% and made unit and building creation 33% faster. Anyhow great looking mod, I will try it out soon.

6. Shambles

Shambles Chieftain

Not rly, no ;) But to be fair i played Babylon and built science buildings/wonders asap. Then again, i also wiped out two enemies till then (i'm playin on prince though, which is far too easy... :) )
    btw: I always use great scientist for building an academy...

7. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

How hard would it be to mod out the free tech until someone figures out a fix for the OP scientists? Would I be able to use Kael's guide to gump my way through it?

8. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

You or the person you were helping have probably tried this already, but if not...

You could experiment with giving a free, invisible policy with the RouteGoldMaintenanceMod attribute altered. It would avoid the integer division issue by doing it after the multiplication by # roads, instead of before.

9. Valkrionn

No idea, as I don't know how the abilities are set up yet. I haven't looked.

Well, if it was something I wanted I'd just add it to agriculture (free tech for everyone, afterall), but it's not a change I want. Was just testing it. ;)

10. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

I think we should add an engineer slot to the monument. it takes an engineer to build one, gets production in game for flatland cities, and if someone pops a great engineer it could lead to some real wonder races.

Also, I still dislke the workshop. maybe if you made pastures like farms but only can build on plains and grasslands you could have them add 1 hammer (simulating production from large animal labor). Or change the worthless tradepost to give +1 hammer inistead of gold and make that the workshop or call it the village. I'm thinking there are options other than adding a new TI.

11. Valkrionn

I may do the pasture thing. I've also been considering making the trading post upgrade; Could easily have it gain hammers as well as commerce. Either solution would allow me to remove the workshop.

While you're here: I know you're far better at art than I am. :lol: Any chance I could talk you into possibly making icons for the resource buildings I'm adding? They are:
    • Brewery
    • Bakery
    • Leatherworker
    • Textile Mill
    • Hunting Lodge
    • Plantation
    • Fishmonger (close enough)

Edit: Also, like the monument idea. ;)

12. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

You were right, the problems I listed on the last page were coming from another mod. I started new with only this mod active and it's more balanced.

13. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Playing with the mod now, gonna write down my opinions of the changes as I go, maybe add stuff I want to see.

1. The new interface for the build queue is forcing me an extra click EVERY time I add a new construction item. The old system only forced me extra clicks when I used the queue. ("City is ready for a new construction"- notification brings up the screen, then it doesn't close when I pick an item, I have to click the back button).
    2. You realize there is a building called 'Workshop' as well right?
    3. Pedia is very bad at showing how much a tile with a resource is improved by an improvement. It's so bad that it's not shown at all in fact.
    4. For some reason when I purchased a warrior it added a warrior to the top of the build queue as well... o.O - wasted one turn on that instead of the wonder I was building. (Similar thing happened when I purchased a structure, the build queue disappeared)
    5. Dunno if this is because of your mod or because I deleted my config.ini or cause of mods in general, but I am not getting any auto-saves.
    6. Road maintenance has been removed? If so, you should probably change what the Trade Unions policy does...
    Some ideas

1. Social Policy tweaks
      1. Liberty>Collective Rule - Is boring, bring it up to 1 population added per city. Find other ways to limit how powerful this makes city spamming.
      2. Make it a bit easier to get Social Policies? I love getting them, I'd just like them to come a bit more often. Just don't make it too easy to get cultural victory.
      3. Maybe a bonus for finishing a social policy branch, for one thing it would give an incentive to finish one besides going for culture win
    2. A little bit less resources per strategic resource, I find that it's a bit too easy to get a large number of resources, more than you are able to field in units usually.
    3. Not sure I like that a few wonders go obsolete, I don't really see any need for that. Or is the Colossus considered so strong it needs to go obsolete?
    4. Maybe cities could come with an innate +1 culture (is it possible to make it only local?, though the already +33% policy cost per city might be enough offset)
    Well, that's it for now.

14. Derekhan2

Derekhan2 Chieftain

Hi, don't know if it was mentionned before (though I read a lot of posts in this thread), but there is one thing I dislike about your mod, which apart from this I find great - and it's the fact that when you've built something in a city, there is no longer a reminder of what it is ! so unless you keep an eye on each & every city in your empire in order to know what they are about to build and in how much time, then all U know is that something has been built up in a city, but what was is ?? It's really a shame cause I love the way game is sped up in terms of production & slowed down in terms of science - which was I think a major drawback of the vanilla game - but this UI thing is really poisoning the experience.
    I'm surprised no-one seemed to mention this in threads, so maybe it's because of another activated mod - which would seem very strange to me as the only 2 other mods that I activated are "maps" mods (Legendary Earth Mod & Yet Another Huge Earth Map mod).

15. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

I agree with the 2 posters above. I like the mod, but I don't like the change to open the queue by default. Or at least not how it is implemented. For example if I click something and I want to change it, I have to close the window, remove that from the queue, open teh window again, and add what I want.
    If we could remove items from the queue with a rightclick, it would be better. From the queue where we add things, not from where we just see the queue.

16. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

I don't see the queue problems from vanilla. You can move stuff up and down and you can hit the X to delete it. I like the ideas in this mod, but I'd like to have an option to unload the queue changes altogether.

Also, I think reducing policy costs could be done if you counterbalance it with requiring SIX policy trees to be complete instead of five.

17. Valkrionn

I thought so. :goodjob:

1. Been fixed in v2, as I've said several times. :p The new mechanic should look much like that of Civ4:
      • Always on, build list only expands if more than one item is in it (as in, only takes up more space on the city screen if you actually queue something)
      • A standard mouse-click ignores the queue, functions as if it was off, and closes the build menu.
      • A shift-click adds the item to the back of the queue.
      • A ctrl-click adds the item to the front of the queue.
      • The build popup does not allow queueing.
    2. Very aware of that fact, yes. ATM, I'm considering removing the improvement. When it was added, I was considering removing the building instead. :p
    3. I know. Something that needs to be done... At the least, we could have it in the improvement page, displayed in the resource mouseover? As in, mouse over a resource in the "Can be built on" section.
    4. Known, and fixed in v2. Was a logic error in the original author's code.
    5. I know I am getting autosaves, so I'd think that would be on your end.
    6. Accidental inclusion. Tested something for someone, neglected to remove it, will be gone in v2.

1. Social Policies:
      • I rather agree.
      • Same, maybe increase the amount you need for cultural victory?
      • Would have to see how to do that. Maybe a free policy requiring all the others in the tree would work...
    2. Not sure about that one, particularly for the later ones where you have buildings for them as well.
    3. I don't like that either, personally. Wonders should remain useful.
    4. Not sure about that.

I don't know of anything I'd done that would change that behavior. I'll check it out though.

The queue has been changed, like I said. ;)

I'll try to add a rightclick to remove items, but may not be able to.

18. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

RE: More policies

One thing you could do is have every nation start with a free policy choice. Basically, it would be the principles upon which the society was founded. I would also remove the ability to skip a policy choice and make it a required choice. That would eliminate some of the more exploitative strategies where people are holding onto policy choices until the Medieval era in order to immediately cap out the patronage tree.

I'd also say you could lower the costs for later policies but require six paths for Utopia.

RE: Queue

Could you use the same functionality code to just add the "delete"/X button to each item so you can click that instead to delete items?

19. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Yeah I am not gonna read 220 posts when I download a mod :p.

20. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

Did he not edit the original? *checks* Oh... I guess not.