Economy Mod

It is a bug that only affects players using large (<= 1650) resolution sizes.

To fix it, either A) Play at a lower resolution, or B) Remove UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel_small.xml from Economy Mod/UI/InGame/WorldView. This will set the xp graphic back to default, and fix your issue. I cannot duplicate it (cannot play at sufficient resolution on my laptop), so I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Valk, excellent job! This is definitely one of the best mods out there, it really is essential.

I finally had a "One more turn" insomnia type game with this, the first time I had one of those for Civ 5.

I think this mod works beautifully in conjunction with the Improved 1 Unit Per Tile mod. It does a lot to help the traffic jams and other annoyances.

Lastly, I believe you stated somewhere you increased the build buildings/units rate by 20%? If I wanted to bump it up to 25%, where would I do that in your files?

Valk, excellent job! This is definitely one of the best mods out there, it really is essential.

I finally had a "One more turn" insomnia type game with this, the first time I had one of those for Civ 5.

I think this mod works beautifully in conjunction with the Improved 1 Unit Per Tile mod. It does a lot to help the traffic jams and other annoyances.

Lastly, I believe you stated somewhere you increased the build buildings/units rate by 20%? If I wanted to bump it up to 25%, where would I do that in your files?

Very glad to hear that! What I'm working on now is technically an entirely new mechanic, rather than a tweak... But I think it will fit well. And that's all I'll say about it. :lol:

To change the production speed, open Economy Mod/SQL/BuildingCosts.sql. Only contains one line: UPDATE Buildings SET 'Cost' = cost*0.8 WHERE Cost > 0;.

Change the 0.8 to 0.75. ;)

Spoiler :

To fix it, either A) Play at a lower resolution, or B) Remove UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel_small.xml from Economy Mod/UI/InGame/WorldView. This will set the xp graphic back to default, and fix your issue. I cannot duplicate it (cannot play at sufficient resolution on my laptop), so I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Thanks for the heads up! Valkrionn, continued success on the up coming projects, as your previous works have been top-notch. :thumbsup:

mod is great. one thing - sometimes (not all the time) the unit info panel in the bottom left (with actions, icon, and promotions choices) disappears, making it impossible to promote a unit. can't figure out what switches is on/off, but one turn it'll be there, and the next it's gone.

any ideas?

ihmcguinness on the same page as your post on this thread is the answer you seek (plus on dozens of posts within the thread)...

Spoiler :
mod is great. one thing - sometimes (not all the time) the unit info panel in the bottom left (with actions, icon, and promotions choices) disappears, making it impossible to promote a unit. can't figure out what switches is on/off, but one turn it'll be there, and the next it's gone.

any ideas?

ihmcguiness, as stated above, check your screen resolution.:coffee:

This mod is great. :goodjob: I've some suggestions though. Bakery is quite over-powered. Nerf it a bit. Granary should store some food when the population grows like in cIV instead of +2f. Expansion is a bit too fast in the game. Make the settlers a bit expensive. And one more request, can you balance some weak social policies like the one in Liberty tree which makes the 1st citizen grow faster ? :)

Expansion is a bit too fast in the game. Make the settlers a bit expensive.

I do not agree with you here, dont know what maps your are playing on, but expansion should be more limited by luxery then of production speed of settlers.
Imo Settlers shouldent have any production time at all(or quite cheap), but spawning one settler should cost one population (like in erlier Civ's), this would balance out the expasion I think.

Possibly, possibly not (depends on what they did with the UI). I'll work on releasing a new version.

Wasn't aware they had released it yet, was expecting it in a few days. :lol: I've had the patch on my test install for a few days now, but like I said: I thought there was more coming later on. :lol:

Edit: v2 definitely does not work with the new patch. Namely, the ability to sell buildings will not work. I'm working on an update right now, won't include any new content however as that's not done. :lol:

Alright people, v4 is uploaded. Made compatible with the new patch, and contains v3 of Robk's InfoAddict. It is also compatible with Active City Defense, Emigration, Tech Diffusion, and Tree Growth.

Yes, v4. I had forgotten to add the necessary xml for the compatibility to v3, so if you are one of the 3 people who downloaded it, please redownload v4. ;)

NOTE: Economy Mod must be activated AFTER any other mods you wish to use. This ensures that my files overwrite those of others. All of the above mods utilize InGame.xml in order to activate their lua, my file contains the necessary xml for all of them to function.

Edit: Well crap. Forgot to add the building icons, so that's not in yet.

Yes that was amazing - thanks for releasing v4 so fast after the patch.

Alas my game in progress (Immortal level) is still borked. Savegames crash now that the patch is here - even if I disable all other mods and only enable Economy mod v4.
Most likely it is because I am playing as the Celts (Queen Iceni) - and I dont think that mod is recognised anymore post-patch...

I can start new games OK though.

That was fast, thanks alot!

Edit:
having a problem. When I'm ingame and clicking the Info Addict link, nothing happens. The same with Mod list, the other links in the list works ok. What could that be?

Are you using any other mod? If so, make sure that you activate (as in, click the circle to the right of the mod's name) Economy Mod after all other mods. It sounds like you are using another mod that modifies InGame.xml (Say, Active City Defense), and activate that mod after Economy Mod; This causes it's InGame.xml to overwrite mine, killing the modlist and Info Addict.

disabled all other mods, and now it works. I activated economy mod last when I tried with other mods. Will just play without them, this mod has most of the ones I want to try.
Great work on the last version :)

Top Bottom