Economy Mod

Valkrionn, are you going to improve the GP improvements in a future version ? Currently they are completely useless in most cases.
Secondly I think horses should gain bonus when attacking in open terrain (20-25% bonus), receive a penalty when attacking cities (-25%) & there should be no promotion for them to fight in rough terrain (no drill promos).

If you know how to get into the MOD folder in the my documents area you can go in and delete specific xml files that might be conflicting with the economy mod if you want to run both. Each change I've made to the game I've tried to put in a seperate xml file.

Currently it's working fine, but that may change latter (I'm in the Early Middle ages). Activating Economy mod last does set it to the -10%, apparently fine.

If you know how to get into the MOD folder in the my documents area you can go in and delete specific xml files that might be conflicting with the economy mod if you want to run both. Each change I've made to the game I've tried to put in a seperate xml file.

From what I saw, only the defensive penalty conflicts and the game will simply go with whichever is activated last in that case. ;)

I've removed the penalty completely but I am thinking of giving +10% to horse units in the open so that only they benefit from the open areas, your opinions Valk?

I wish I knew how to work with DLL, I look forward to what you guys can do with it. :)

Could work. Mounted units are a bit strong atm as is, though, did you nerf them in some way?

And knowing C++ doesn't help anyone yet. :lol:

Valkrionn, are you going to improve the GP improvements in a future version ? Currently they are completely useless in most cases.
Secondly I think horses should gain bonus when attacking in open terrain (20-25% bonus), receive a penalty when attacking cities (-25%) & there should be no promotion for them to fight in rough terrain (no drill promos).

Well, I had a mechanic in mind (Have the GP improvements buff surrounding plots, rather than simply it's own) but I need DLL for it.

I see the fans for Info Addict and Mod List but there is no content. I may have misunderstood your instructions. I am not sure what you mean by "activating the economy mod" after the others. How do you "activate" a mod? I wanted to include Active City Defence and Tech Diffusion, so I downloaded them before Economy Mod and Enabled them sequentially before Economy mode. Is that what you meant by "activate"? Anyway, I get the above error. What am I doing wrong?

From what I saw, only the defensive penalty conflicts and the game will simply go with whichever is activated last in that case. ;)

Could work. Mounted units are a bit strong atm as is, though, did you nerf them in some way?

And knowing C++ doesn't help anyone yet. :lol:

Well, I had a mechanic in mind (Have the GP improvements buff surrounding plots, rather than simply it's own) but I need DLL for it.

Well with the 0% open penalty the spearmen beat them everytime but that seems fair :p

The first thing I tried to do with XML on buildings when the game first game out was have a building effect improvements in the city heh, unfortunately I couldn't find xml for it, I could be wrong though but I spent hours going threw it again and agian :-D Something like that is what you'll be able to add with DLL?

Currently it's working fine, but that may change latter (I'm in the Early Middle ages). Activating Economy mod last does set it to the -10%, apparently fine.

I've reduced research and improved construction speeds through having greater populations and more buildings with the economy mods changes I am now sure how the two will work together on a balance side of things. It could throw it way out. I might give it a go next time I test mine to see just waht it's like with them running together. :-D

Say Valkrionn, I just noticed I have no build queue at all using the economy mod. did you make a change to the build queue?

The buildqueue is always activated and fully integrated into the display; The toggle is hidden, and the building list only expands if at least one item is in line after what you currently have.

To queue items, use shift or ctrl; Shift-click places it at the end, ctrl-click at the front.

Basically, treat it like the civ4 queue.

cool, thanks... :goodjob:

The buildqueue is always activated and fully integrated into the display; The toggle is hidden, and the building list only expands if at least one item is in line after what you currently have.

To queue items, use shift or ctrl; Shift-click places it at the end, ctrl-click at the front.

Basically, treat it like the civ4 queue.

I found out why I could not see the Info Addict material. It was because I had enabled Tech Diffusion. After disabling Tech Diffusion, the mod worked OK with the Unofficial patch and Active City Defence modules included with the Economy mod. There is some kind of interference here with Tech Diffusion.

Where can I get the first version of this mod?

I deleted Economy Mod v1 from my mod listing, as I didn't have it enabled and had the latest version of this mod already.

However this seemed to cause me unable to load my save games, because apparently your saves are tied to all DISABLED and ENABLED mods at the same time??

So basically I need v1 so I can play my games again. Or a way to trick the game into thinking I have V1 installed.

Help? Please :(

Where can I get the first version of this mod?

I deleted Economy Mod v1 from my mod listing, as I didn't have it enabled and had the latest version of this mod already.

However this seemed to cause me unable to load my save games, because apparently your saves are tied to all DISABLED and ENABLED mods at the same time??

So basically I need v1 so I can play my games again. Or a way to trick the game into thinking I have V1 installed.

Help? Please :(

im interested in version 2 as well, i have a save i need to finish :D

Sucks how borked the modding system is for Civ5 though. Installed mods, even if not enabled will overwright and mess up each other.

I had to install Econ mod v1, THEN v4 (even though they are seperate folders and mods according to the game) otherwise Civ5 would crash when loading or some features would be missing/broken.

It's really kinda messed up, and there's no way to really "fix" it using the in-game browser except to delete all your mod data and indivudally install things one by one in the right order (even if you don't plan on playing with a certain mod and leave it disabled).

Sucks how borked the modding system is for Civ5 though. Installed mods, even if not enabled will overwright and mess up each other.

I had to install Econ mod v1, THEN v4 (even though they are seperate folders and mods according to the game) otherwise Civ5 would crash when loading or some features would be missing/broken.

It's really kinda messed up, and there's no way to really "fix" it using the in-game browser except to delete all your mod data and indivudally install things one by one in the right order (even if you don't plan on playing with a certain mod and leave it disabled).

What? You can view all mods of the same name, but different versions, at the same time. As in, Economy Mod v2 can be enabled separately from Economy Mod v5.

FYI: I may not explain things adequately atm. More than a little bit drunk.

From what I've seen that's not the case. If I have my mod and an earlier version of it, and one is enabled, they both run. So I have to always delete older versions.

Top Bottom