EEN News!

Absolutely Phenominal!

And to Answer Classic_Hero: My guess would be :beer: ;)

LOL- thanks for all the kind words. I'm glad you're all enjoying it so much.
It wouldn't be the same without the help I got from Peter, Ben, and Azzaman. – so thanks again!

And actually, my wife just made me swear not to show the video to anyone she knows! (She's 7 months pregnant now… so no :beer: !! ) But mostly, I'm just married to a very understanding and gracious woman :D

@ Ben – I'm sure my wife would love a break!! If your fiancé is half as good as you are in the voice acting, it'll be wonderful! ;) Can't wait to hear her!

Merry Confuciusmas everyone!

(And Merry Christmas too! ;) :) )

@ Ben – I'm sure my wife would love a break!! If your fiancé is half as good as you are in the voice acting, it'll be wonderful! Can't wait to hear her!

Acting? Who said anything about acting? ;)

It's about time for another edition of EEN Headline news!

I'm just in the very early stages of drafting a script – so I wanted to offer a heads up if anyone would like to contribute a short-story idea.

Current plan for Headline news:

1) The Hanging Gardens! – by General Ledger
2) Music Discovered – Great Artist Homer is born… produces first Hit Music video celebrating that Aloha has met all teams! (working on a cheesy "Mambo #5" music video ;) ) -by Fan C. Pants
3) Religion Roundup – Taoism and Christianity Founded. Hinduism dominates – Confucianism and Buddhism round out the top 3. -by new reporter, tbd.

I'll help as much as you wish :)

I don't know if I'm up for writing an editorial, but I might give it a stab ;)
Something about the "Balance of Powers"?... maybe that's too destablizing. But I'd love to think of some way to incorporate a little disinformation to keep AloVia from cementing :hmm:

Oh yes, :evil: I don't think it's secret (at least around our forums) that a major goal for my "broadcasts" is to sow opposition/suspicion/envy among our enemies. Hence I try to bring extra attention to the achievements of others, while downplaying/making light of our own success.
This edition is specifically going to go hard after Aloha. They'll dominate the news cycle with a story about their Hanging Gardens, and their discovery of music and acquisition of a great artist. I'm hoping we can subtly increase tension between them and Innovia, now that Aloha has blown past them in score and are ahead on a few techs.

If we're too obvious, it's more likely to blow up in our face. So I think our best tactic for the moment is to just continue to harp on how well the others are doing – and hope they don't pay too much attention to our 100 point lead. :)

The music video is coming along nicely – I'm pretty excited about it! And I've got some partial work done on the script. Will post that asap, so that people can consider doing readings for me.
Expect to see that before the weekend! I'd like to push this video out early next week.

:salute:

I'll sign up for Mr. Fan C. Pants. (that is what I did before, right?)

[party] - That's great GB! I was hoping you'd do an encore on Fan C. Pants - imho, you pretty much define his voice now. :)

That leaves General Ledger (hick voice with surprising moments of verbosity)
And Inca Wazition (female voice… my wife? Or someone else’s special someone? )

Volunteers?

Also – for anyone looking for less vocal contributions – I need images that represent this game and our opponents… things that are ok for public release (ie – no maps, or Epsilon secret things) – please post any images you think might fit here in this thread – it’ll be a big help!
I need the images for the special music video.

Thanks!

Ok! The Draft Script for Edition 3 is finally ready.
Each part is in a spoiler, so if you'd like to be surprised by the final product you can be – even if you want to audition for one of the parts.

If you DO read this, and notice any problems or have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to comment!

From around the world of Sirian and right here at home…
EEN Headline News Starts Now!
Spoiler :

In a stunning feat of architectural and gardening prowess, the Nation of Aloha unveiled a massive wonder yesterday. With analysis of the expected effects on the horticulture community and global health at large, we turn to senior EEN correspondent, General Ledger.
General?

* The Hanging Gardens by General Ledger
Spoiler :
[speaking to someone off-camera] …yeah, that's a good one. I was just trying to explain to them that I once had a compost pile that looked remarkably like this… [called back to reality] *what?*
Oh! Thanks Qin.(Pronounced Kin) This remarkable towering Garden Complex has been officially named "The Hanging Gardens" – though what it's hanging from, I can't rightly say. Obscure alliterations aside, the Hanging Gardens are certainly an impressive sight to behold. Already, the garden walkways that wind throughout the structure have become a magnet for young people looking for a romantic getaway. If ya catch my meanin'. Population experts expect a "Garden Baby Boom" across the land of Aloha… not to mention improved sanitation, due to fewer youths out on the street.
Back to you Qin.

Thanks General. The last few years have seen the rise of many new religions. With a more detailed look, we turn to our resident Religion Analyst, Ms. Wazition.
What can you tell us Inca?

* Religion Roundup by Inca Wazition
Spoiler :
Well Qin (pronounced Kin), you're exactly right. After a few relatively quiet years, it suddenly became fashionable again to start a religion. Nearly back to back, we witnessed the rise of Taoism in the land of Piffle, and then the ancient Buddhist nation of Loco birthed a brand new religion known as Christianity.
Hinduism, based in the land of Innovia, continues to capture the loyalty of 1 out of every 4 people in the world – making it the world's largest religion. Buddhism and the true light of Confucianism round out the top 3… although outright godless paganism still holds sway in a full third of the world! Clearly, there's work to be done.
Back to you Qin.

Thanks Inca. For our final story of the broadcast, we return to the Land of Aloha, and a very special report from our cultural correspondent, Mr. C Pants.
Fan?

* New Dance Craze by Fan C. Pants
Spoiler :
Thanks Qin (pronounced Kin) The Land of Aloha has developed a new and majestic art form known as "music" – and I've had the opportunity to hear this "music" for myself, and I must say… it *is* soul stirring. Along with their development of this advanced melody making, Aloha birthed the now world-renowned Great Artist, The Artist Formerly Known as The Artist. We've managed to get a copy of his latest musical hit – a majestic song dedicated to the whole world of Sirian…
<play music video>
Takes your breath away.
Back to you Qin.

Well folks, that about wraps it up for this broadcast. Thanks for tuning in to Eternal Eye News. We&#8217;ll see you all back here next time.
Remember, Peace is War, Freedom is Slavery, Epsilon is Strength.
From all of us at EEN headline news, goodnight, and keep on dancing.

Tripple post!!

I do really need artwork/images representing the different teams. I've got some nice wonder images already - but if someone wanted to help by making some other images that represent innovia, loco, aloha, or piffle, that'd be really great.

Thanks!

As a heads up, I won't get to recording and sending in my part until late this weekend/early next week. But I have practiced it and it should be pretty good.

ok - Thanks Ben! That'll be fine.

Anyone want to see a preview of some of the "artwork" I'm doing for the music video?
Spoiler :

<-- special thanks to PeterGrimes on this one :)

Excellent as always!

I particularly liked how Confucianism was labled "Truth."

Thanks Ben!
Your contribution was great as always... my wife LOVES your "Fan C. Pants" voice, btw :)

Top Bottom