Elder Scrolls V: Oblivion Part 2?

I know. The whole streamlined thing was a joke.

... JUST LIKE THE REAL THING!

... And yet you will still buy and play the game :D

Not necessarily, i have great hope for Skyrim but i won't be pre-ordering because of repeated and recent purchases of games that i disliked due to too much content being omitted from previous iterations.

I'l have to wait and see what people say about it before i buy it, never thought i would say that about an Elder scrolls game but with the industry the way it is at the moment, it's the best bet, that way if it sucks hard i'l have nothing to complain about.

I don't see the problem with preordering a game for the PC. You can always mod the crap out of it if it sucks.

I don't see the problem with preordering a game for the PC. You can always mod the crap out of it if it sucks.

Though I'll buy it anyways, as I said before I'll buy it and love it even if it's gonna be Oblivion 1.5. BUT this is so not the answer. Mods are not almighty... And if I have to resort to mods to make the game playable, I consider the game to be a failure.

Mods in an ideal world would be changing and adding stuff, not fixing the game itself.

I assume Bethesda learned a lot from Oblivion, and think it's a safe bet that they won't make Oblivion II if that's what worries anyone.

Not necessarily, i have great hope for Skyrim but i won't be pre-ordering because of repeated and recent purchases of games that i disliked due to too much content being omitted from previous iterations.

I'l have to wait and see what people say about it before i buy it, never thought i would say that about an Elder scrolls game but with the industry the way it is at the moment, it's the best bet, that way if it sucks hard i'l have nothing to complain about.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner, folks.

Sadly, at this point, I refuse to pre-order any more games - whether for PC or console. Those trinkets they throw in are just sucker's prizes, and the deadlines they impose for pre-ordering are just trying to create a false sense of urgency. Plus, the sucker's prizes are almost always available later on to everyone else, often for free.

Pre-ordering does NOTHING for the consumer, it's purely a ploy to benefit the publisher by inflating their sales numbers on release. It's sad that so many consumers take the bait and never realize they're being duped.

I never said you would preorder it, I'm just predicting that you will get it eventually. I never preorder anything either, because I've never found myself trying to get a game that has been sold out. Not to mention the number of bugs that will no doubt ship with the game, there is no getting around that. But besides a few issues w/ glitches or bugs, I'll probably get Skyrim within the first couple of months upon release.

Preordering is a $5 deposit. If you're going to get the game new right away, they aren't charging you extra.

Preordering is a $5 deposit. If you're going to get the game new right away, they aren't charging you extra.

Entirely depends where you pre-order from. Good Old Games and Impulse don't even ask for a deposit on The Witcher 2!

I go by a Gamestop. The guys who work there are pretty cool.

Is it available somewhere in text? It's a pain trying hear what they're saying sometimes.

It's background noise right now.

The awesome kind.

AND I AGREE, IT IS IMPORTANT MR STATICY VOICE.

I'm summarizing the podcast right now, will post later.

It baffles me how the removal of classes makes people so upset...

Note, these were done in order and if it's hard to follow, it is because I mostly just used keywords and sentence fragments, but I think the main info is there...

Spoiler :
Q: Spears in game?
A: No, not in the classic 'spear' sense.

Q: Weapon types?
A :2-handed weapon skill, 1-handed weapon skill, archery skill. Look at them as play styles. Within each skill will be perks and a perk-tree. 1-Handed skill might have perks for axes, maces, swords, etc. Perks = specializations and skills are broad fields of training.

Q: Werewolves, vampires? "Changing forms?"
A: Not committing to an answer.

Q: Mounts?
A: Not committing to an answer. "we don't know yet"

Q: Crafting spells, potions, other items.
A: Yes, smithing and alchemy are skills. And non-skill based crafting things.

Q: Interaction of spells and spellcrafting.
A: Spell crafting is seen as a real wildcard. "It takes the magic out of magic... Removes the illusion of how things works." But there will be perk trees within magic skills, as the other skills.

Q: Perks
A: Perks really diversify and make your character more unique. 1 perk/level

Q: Dragon language and dragons in general?
A: Meant to be the "big daddys," truly difficult to defeat. AI for dragons are unique and developed extensively. Random encounters involving dragons might be included. There are multiple 'types' of dragons.

Q: Companion characters?
A: In a different way than Fallout. Messing with different ideas. vague, non-commital answer. Done testing where ANYONE can be a player's companion. Want to be really dynamic.

Q: Radiant story, what is it and why will it be cool.
A: Don't oversell it. Take part in a quest or activity and 'conditionalize' it w/out needing to use scripted events. Want to avoid experiencing the same random things over and over again. Making random events more personalized/catered to the character.

Q: Factions?
A: Definitely doing factions. Doesn't want to discuss it at present.

Q: Release date committed?
A: Definitely committed to the 11/11/11 release date. Wouldn't have announced it if they thought they would have to postpone.

Q: Why do characters always start in prison?
A: Tradition dating back to Arena. Like the conflict involved and open character background, make up your own past story.

Q: What will a Fallout fan be excited about?
A: Skyrim has unique style/flavor as contrasted to the bland traditional Oblivion setting, as you experience in Fallout.

Q: Will the game have multiple endings?
A: Don't want to answer that question.

Q: Geography and size of Skyrim
A: Landmass about the same as Oblivion, large portion of it is mountains. The mountains make it feel bigger. But won't be bland snowy mountains all over.

Q: ESRB rating?
A: "I'm sure it will be M," but don't really care. Not something they keep in mind when it comes to design.

Q: Will there be a HUD? How will health system work?
A: Will be a HUD and a COMPASS bar. Your health bar and mana only show up on screen when it becomes relevant.

Q: PC experience (opposed to console)?
A: Want each platform to have a high level of fidelity. Do a lot of graphic design initially on xbox. Will be able to run on PC on much higher resolution.

Q: Philosophy towards achievements/trophies?
A: "We love them." Generally want a mix/balance. There will be A LOT MORE QUESTS, so they are a little different.

Q: Kinect or 3D support?
A: Technically there is a 'chance,' but don't think it will happen.

Q: Dragonborn
A: Player finds out that your dragonborn with a encounter of a dragon. Graybeards = dragonborn masters

Q: How does leveling system works and "max level?"
A: Works like Oblivion. There is no "max" level, but there is a theoretical one depending on the skills. Balanced for 1-50 level characters, and players will level much faster (50 perks).

Like the idea of one-handed, two-handed skills which have perk trees that allow you to specialize the skill... Very nice. :)

Agree with Todd about magic. The importance of it feeling like a powerful arcane thing and being awesome physically and visually and making your own spells kind of taking the magic out of it etc. That stuff he said...

And YES! YES! I like what I'm hearing about character creation! Just what I was talking about somewhere earlier in this thread! It's like they heard my prayers or something! :woohoo:

At the end there were some stupid, absolutely unnecessary questions like move-kinect support, achievements... Bah, really!? Surely there are some more important questions to be asked than to spend the precious time on that! Gosh...

No level cap! That's great! Though faster leveling up I'm not sure of... Guess it's gonna be ok. We'll have to wait and see.

Also there were comments on the site that goes something like this: "Whoa is this a real NPC, their faces look a lot better"... Something to that extend anyway. So WTH? what are they talking about? Where did they see faces? :(

ignore this, was a short summary of the podcast but just realised pete did a much better one :)

Top Bottom