1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls V: Oblivion Part 2?

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Nov 23, 2010.

1. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

Yeah, it was a complaint by all the lore-obsessed nerds that Cyrodiil was original described as a region of jungles, which in no way reflect the landscape in Oblivion. The writers/developers retconned the in-game book that said that and explained it away by some sort of divine or magical occurrence.

2. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

Spoiler :
    You didn't mention Red Mountain, so it seemed like it was caused by the rock by itself.

3. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

My bad, I guess I should have elaborated. I'm not very familiar with asteroids and the impact damage they cause, so I didn't think twice about it.

And what will actually be in the game really is a mystery to all.

One of the things I hope they do is revamp the RPG system that the previous games used.

I'm not a fan of the Luck attribute or Personality (I think Speechcraft and Mercantile would fit under and Intelligence or Wisdom attribute better).

I wish they would make a new system from the ground up.

Better assortment of skills and magical effects would be awesome (Levitation and Enchanting please :) )

4. serek000

serek000 Chieftain

I'd like to see them go back to the Morrowind style of different weapons being different skills, too, as opposed to just blade or blunt.

5. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

Meh, I was confused about the Blunt and Blade skills being the only ones, but I came to terms with it.

I'm ok with Axes and Hammers both being blunt weapons. It makes as much sense as OpenLock, Water Breathing, Shield and Feather all being Alteration spells. If you have a problem with Axes and Hammers being governed by the same skill, you really need to also look at the magic skills as well, which arguably make less sense than having only 2 melee weapon skills.

Oh, and I am also really against Medium Armor and Unarmored skills.

And they need to bring spears back :)

6. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

And if you really want to troll, go to the official Beth forums and start raving about putting firearms in the next game (like Fable) would be awesome. It's hilarious.

7. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

I'd like there to be 4 weapon skills: Small blades, swords, blunt, axes, and spear-like weapons... Wait that's 5. WTH is wrong with me!?
    Anyway... throwing knives, throwing spears and throwing axes should be there too. Retrievable of course! (No nonsense with 40 throwing spears in your inventory that disappear upon using. I want 1 or 2 trusty axes that I'll keep retrieving!)
    And and... um... while small blades, axes and spear would have the advantage of throwing, swords and blunt would have a big variety of said weapons...
    I can already see it: A bunch of bandits attacking me. I finish off 2 of them from a distance with my 2 trusty axes, then pull out my sword of faith and finish off the rest. then I retrieve my axes and my epic journey resumes!

Um... speculations. So much possibilities!

8. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

I'm actually thinking that the skill groups from Dragon Age are good ones:

Weapon and Shield (1-handed weapon plus shield)
    Two-Handed Weapon
    Dual Wield (two 1-handed weapons)
    Single Weapon (1-handed weapon, no shield)

Not really skills, more like styles, but I think they complement the 'schools' of magic as skills.

9. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

I read in the Infernal City that the meteor actually was frozen in time by Vivec. So as the world went on about its business, the rock was essentially still falling at high speed but incredibly slowly. So when Vivec disappeared and whatever kept the meteor in its own time frame, the meteor simply resynced its time frame with the world and struck the island as if nothing happened.

10. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

Yup, I posted that too, but I put it in spoilers :)

11. Yeekim

Yeekim Deity

As long as they don't repeat the two terrible, cumulative mistakes they did with Oblivion (leveling system you need to micro and world scaling up with your character) I am happy.

I trust they wont repeat them.
    ... If anyone there reads fan feedback at all.
    ... They won't, right?
    ... Right?!

12. Mustakrakish

Bah, they promised they wouldn't do that (world scaling up with your character) in fallout 3... and yet they did it anyways. So I wouldn't be eager to trust their judgment.

13. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

14. serek000

serek000 Chieftain

Another thing from Oblivion I hope they can is fast travel. I hated it - Morrowind's system was so much better, what with the boats and Silt Striders and all. While I understand that you can simply not use fast travel, and I almost never do, it really has a negative impact on the feel of a game when you can just up and teleport all the way across the region.

15. Mustakrakish

How was it in morrowind? Never played. I agree that simply not using it doesn't change the feel when you know it's there. The same with XP glitches and stuff. When I find them I get really depressed because not using them doesn't change the fact that they are there for me to use. I need to be unable to do it to really feel good about it.

So my answer is they could do a hardcore mode similar to new vegas, where fast travel wouldn't be an option... :dunno:

16. serek000

serek000 Chieftain

With Morrowind, there were boatmen to take you from coastal city to coastal city, and some, but not all, cities had Silt Striders, giant bug things that acted as transport. They both cost money, with the price depending on the distance. They also pretty much only went from city to city. It helped build the atmosphere and strengthened the role-play element of the game quite a lot - if you wanted to go to a tomb way out in the middle of nowhere, you had to make the trek there. Similarly, if you want to get from city A to city B, you can't just open up your map and click on it - you need to find a boat or a silt strider, and sometimes take a boat to a city to transfer to a Silt Strider.

17. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

There was also the Guild Guide, who could teleport you instantly between Mage's Guilds for a small price.

18. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Finally! I've been waiting for ES5 for as long as I waited for Civ5. And finally - here we go!

19. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

One of mine randomly disappeared in my game. I didn't realize it and saved. That was it, it never reappeared! One less city I could teleport to, forever. I remember it was where I had made my base of operation too (aka murdered the inhabitant and stole their house). ARGH.

20. Mustakrakish

You could do that? AWESOM-O!