Elimination Game Thread - Which Civs Need a Second Leader?

Arabs 19-3=16 - Saladin is enough for now.
Chinese 30
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19
Indians 33+1=34 - India needs a second leader most. Gandhi was never official leader of India. He was never president or prime minister.
Japanese 15
Persians 16
Romans 8
Russians 13
Spanish 7

Last edited:
Arabs 19
Chinese 30
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19+1=20 - The Iron Chancellor needs to return.
Indians 33+1=34 - India needs a second leader most. Gandhi was never official leader of India. He was never president or prime minister.
Japanese 15
Persians 16
Romans 8
Russians 13
Spanish 7
You have 2 upvotes

skipping Kimiimaro's post due to his two upvotes

Arabs 19
Chinese 30
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19
Indians 33
Japanese 15
Persians 16
Romans 8
Russians (13+1)=14 I would like an earlier leader for Russia, either Ivan III or Ivan IV. Don't really care for a separate Soviet Civ.
Spanish (7-3)=4 Isabella is too similar to how Philip II is presented in-game. Spain receiving a second leader is lower priority for me.

You have 2 upvotes
I'm sorry. I meant to downvote Arabia and upvote India. I'm gonna fix it and repost the current scores.

Edit: Done. Here are the current scores:

Arabs 16
Chinese 30
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19
Indians 34
Japanese 15
Persians 16
Romans 8
Russians 14
Spanish 4

Arabs 16
Chinese 30
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19
Indians 34
Japanese 15
Persians 16
Romans 8 - 3 = 5 - Trajan represents Rome well enough, and maybe this is also a problem, leaders who represent their civs so well actually make second leaders useless
Russians 14 + 1 = 15 - We need a leader who ruled from Moscow, preferably Ivan III
Spanish 4

Arabs 16
Chinese 30
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19
Indians 34
Japanese 15
Persians 16 + 1 = 17 A Persian Islamic leader would be welcome.
Romans 5 - 3 = 2 In addition to what others say, I am not particularly interested in a second Roman leader now. They would not add much, in my opinion.
Russians 15
Spanish 4

Arabs 16
Chinese 30
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19
Indians 34
Japanese 15
Persians 17
Romans 3 (2+1) America is already out and now Rome:crazyeye: Is guess this game is not seriously. This game is called Sid Meiers Civilization" and not "Microsoft insignificant cultures" :jesus: It is simply not true that a second leader for Rome can not add much:trouble:Trajan has a cultural bonus that is fine but where are the brilliant Roman generals, engineers, literati, gladiators and great personalities of the republican era? We need Scipio and Claudius/Nero or Pompey. But technically Caesar/Augustus can not be missing in a Civ game, like Genghis Khan and Napoleon. So we need at least 3 Roman leaders :hatsoff:
Russians 12 (15-3) Peter is very well.
Spanish 4

Arabs 16
Chinese 30
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19
Indians 34
Japanese 15-3=12 I would be glad to see all of these have a second leader but I see the Japanese and the Spanish as equal as a lower priority.
Persians 17
Romans 3+1=4 Both I and Manifold have given great justification for more Roman leaders.
Russians 12
Spanish 4

Arabs 16
Chinese 31 (30+1) I'm still going to back China until the end.
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 19
Indians 34
Japanese 9 (12-3) Hojo represents Japan pretty well, not sure if we need a second leader.
Persians 17
Romans 4
Russians 12
Spanish 4

Arabs 16
Chinese 31
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 16 (19 - 3) Basically meh America, which was already eleminated. This production theme in design is so historically valid. Interesting for anyone who looks at history and see only the top, 20th century at best and only Europe obviously. What is more, there is a strong need for this poor, fat, series' substitute of Hitler. They have already bonus vs City-States, so unification period is greatly represented. Extra military slot to represent "ferocious and successful" history of military, check. Fat leader, check. Can't wait to see Romans and Russians to fall first.
Indians 34
Japanese 9
Persians 17
Romans 5 (4 + 1) Apparently people think that times they live in are special and the most important ever. The civilization, the foundation of Europe, the Republic, the Empire. So influential that little fella, Frederick, introduced Roman laws to his village. So influential that later europeans were trying to link their origin to them by calling themselves Romans. Europe needed millenium to recover after its fall. Why we need another Roman leader. To represent aspects of this civilization, superiority of military, monumental constructions, republic, laws, art, science and other. Blah, we could have 20 Roman leaders for start and game would be actually more interesting. Also for fan service, because we need iconic, yet unimporant characters from the series, known for wide, modern public instead leaders who defined history and stand a test of time.
Russians 12
Spanish 4

Arabs 16
Chinese 31
Egyptians 30
English 22
French 32
Germans 16 + 1 = 17 - Germany needs a modern leader: Frederick or Bismarck
Indians 34
Japanese 9 - 3 = 6 - Yeah, it is hard to find diversity in Japan, and we are very unlikely to get Meiji as leader
Persians 17
Romans 5
Russians 12
Spanish 4

Arabs 16-3=13 - While the return of Harun al-Rashid would be nice, I'm not enthusiastic about it. Arabia is one of the Civs led by a good leader choice, and such factor also affects my wish for a second leader.
Chinese 31
Egyptians 30+1=31 - It's a Civ with very long history and it's led by a bad leader choice. I think they should recieve a second leader.
English 22
French 32
Germans 17
Indians 34
Japanese 6
Persians 17
Romans 5
Russians 12
Spanish 4

Arabs 13
Chinese 28 (31-3) For personal reasons. The Chinese people are one of the rare people I actively dislike, maybe even the only one about which I would say that as a group. I acknowledge their importance in history and it's ok to have them in the game. But for me one Chinese leader is enough. (and isn't a builder focused leader a perfect choice anyway? Religion and trade would feel okish as well, military not so much.)
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 32
Germans 18 (17+1) Traditionally in civ games, Germany is portrayed rather militaristic. This time around all the militaristic bonuses fall to Frederick as leader and are rooted historically in his reign (bonus against CS and extra military card for his long and not always successful fighting Italian city states and the crusade engagement he couldn't fulfill). That Germany is a cultural superpower (mainly through Philosophy, Literature and Music, less influential in other arts) at least since the 18th century hasn't been represented well in civ games. Neither its influence on the modern state and diplomacy. So here's the chance to get a rather different Germany than we had in previous games by just picking a cultural leader (Frederick II of Prussia, Frederick II Stupor Mundi) or a diplomatic one (Bismarck, Frederick II Stupor Mundi, Gustav Stresemann). Or even turn everything around and pick a non-leader like Martin Luther and give it a completely different focus. My pick would be Stresemann.
Indians 34
Japanese 6
Persians 17
Romans 5
Russians 12
Spanish 4

Arabs 13
Chinese 28 (31-3) For personal reasons. The Chinese people are one of the rare people I actively dislike, maybe even the only one about which I would say that as a group. I acknowledge their importance in history and it's ok to have them in the game. But for me one Chinese leader is enough. (and isn't a builder focused leader a perfect choice anyway? Religion and trade would feel okish as well, military not so much.)
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 32
Germans 18 (17+1) Traditionally in civ games, Germany is portrayed rather militaristic. This time around all the militaristic bonuses fall to Frederick as leader and are rooted historically in his reign (bonus against CS and extra military card for his long and not always successful fighting Italian city states and the crusade engagement he couldn't fulfill). That Germany is a cultural superpower (mainly through Philosophy, Literature and Music, less influential in other arts) at least since the 18th century hasn't been represented well in civ games. Neither its influence on the modern state and diplomacy. So here's the chance to get a rather different Germany than we had in previous games by just picking a cultural leader (Frederick II of Prussia, Frederick II Stupor Mundi) or a diplomatic one (Bismarck, Frederick II Stupor Mundi, Gustav Stresemann). Or even turn everything around and pick a non-leader like Martin Luther and give it a completely different focus. My pick would be Stresemann.
Indians 34
Japanese 6
Persians 17
Romans 5
Russians 12
Spanish 4

Guess you hate me then....Don't worry the feeling is mutual :p You've shown your true colors :devil:. Guandao has denounced Siptah!

Arabs 13
Chinese 28
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 32
Germans 18
Indians 34
Japanese 6
Persians 17
Romans 5
Russians (12+1)=13 Earlier ruler than Peter would be nice
Spanish (4-3)=1 Not a priority to receive a second leader.

Arabs 13
Chinese 28
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 32
Germans 18
Indians 34
Japanese 6-3=3 The Leaders I do want for Japan is either going to be seen as Redundant ( Saigo Takamori, Toyotomi Hideyoshi) or downright impossible (Emperor Meiji, Emperor Kanmu). I think maybe Himiko could be an okayoption.
Persians 17
Romans 5+1=6 We all know why I'm supporting Rome.
Russians 13
Spanish 1

Arabs 13
Chinese 28
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 32
Germans 18
Indians 34
Japanese 3
Persians 17
Romans 7 (6+1) LastSword: we could have 20 Roman leaders for start and game would be actually more interesting:thumbsup:
Russians 10 (13-3) If America does not need a cold war leader Russia too.
Spanish 1

Arabs 13
Chinese 28 + 1 = 29 (A country almost unparalleled in having rich history and numerous leaders to choose from)
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 32
Germans 18
Indians 34
Japanese 3
Persians 17
Romans 7 - 3 = 4 Rome was mighty and important but in Civ VI it already happens to already have a leader that represents it immensely well. Accordingly, it isn't a priority to get a second leader. Let civs led by less important rulers (Cleopatra) get a better second leader.
Russians 10
Spanish 1

Last edited:
Arabs 13
Chinese 28 + 1 = 29 (A country almost unparalleled in having rich history and numerous leaders to choose from)
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 32
Germans 18
Indians 34
Japanese 3
Persians 17
Romans 7 - 3 = 4 Rome was mighty and important but in Civ VI it Alain happens to already have a leader that represents it immensely well. Accordingly, it isn't a priority to get a second leader. Let civs led by less important rulers (Cleopatra) get a better second leader.
Russians 10
Spanish 1

I'm guessing "Alain" is a typo or auto-correct

Arabs 13
Chinese 29
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 32 + 1= 33 A second French leader is very necessary.
Germans 18
Indians 34
Japanese 3 Why do some people say that Emperor Meiji is unlikely?
Persians 17
Romans 4
Russians 10
Spanish 1 - 3 = -2 Eliminated. Sorry Spain, but a second Spanish leader would not add so much to the Spanish civilization.

Arabs 13
Chinese 29
Egyptians 31
English 22
French 30 (33 - 3) I don't think France is in need of a second leader so much as an access rework that makes their current leader ability actually useful.
Germans 18
Indians 34
Japanese 3
Persians 17
Romans 5 (4 + 1) From a thematic standpoint, a republican leader would be an interesting change, and mechanically, I'd be interested to see a version of Rome that keeps its broad military and infrastructure boosts but with less focus on hyper-early expansion.
Russians 10

Top Bottom