EltNES: THIS World is Yours

6 EP:

Bank 6. AIN'T NO SHAME IN BANKIN.

except for Gem Hound.

Spoiler map :

I was bored. I shall make one of the Teiden river valley next.

I like the size of the map. If the city/town icons aren't too big I will add many smaller towns. Can't have all this empty space now can we.

4/5 orders received.

SQUEEE!

It looks... so alive! I especially liked the intepretation at Nolkis-na-Taren is inland, as befits a male-own trading town where the "real" Issith communities have already colonized the river.

EDIT: Forista looks like it wants to be a bit southward to be more of a "block to Gurks" which the gurks captured instead of a gurkish capital. More Minas Morgul than Baradur.

I agree with you Terrance. It will be further south on the actual map.

Spoiler map :

I like how this one turned out less, but it's just a sketch because I am bored and waiting.

M1: Zanomar's Origins: Update 3.

Underdark

Zapha-nav is a magnet for ill-luck, it seems. Although the Den Mother Iszh won over her twin sister Cral for the priviledge of ruling the town, her efforts at conquering the colloquially-named Ratville were unsuccessful; although her planned tunnel made it all the way to the eastern edge of the up and coming Warren, an earthquake collapsed the long and unwieldy construction, leaving Ratville a large undefended Issith Barracks to occupy.

Overworld

As news of the failed Issith attack on Ratville and the implications for the growing town around it reached Zanomar Manor, the Lord there sent riders and ships west along the Toravopes, to what end is not known. He subsequently made promise to defend Ratville if they paid him a tiche and let him tax transations made between the town and the Warren.

Map:
Link.

Legend:

level-zone
-subsequent rooms, descriptions

2A: Zapha-nav
-1: Issith Large Den Room, starcase heading up to the surface and down to 3A-1; main entry way for town of Zapha-nav
-2: Issith Barracks
-3: Issith Temple Room; hidden food chambers, hidden entry-way to Den Mother's quarters on the Under Isle.
-4: Issith Throne Room; secret caches of food, staircase leading up. Seat of power for Issith Den Mother.

2B: Ratville
-1: Swiech Guard Room, staircase heading up to surface and down to 3B-1; main entrance for Warren of Ratville.
-2: Abandoned Issith Guard Room.

3A: Zapha-Nav
-1: Issith Den Complex, staircase heading up into 2A-1.

3B: Ratville
-1: Swiech Den Complex, staircase heading up to 2B-1, hidden food chambers.

5A: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Den Complex, staircase heading down to 6A-2, has several hidden food chambers off of it.
-2: Swiech Large Den Room, has become the 'warren center', hidden food chambers.

6A: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room; main entry way and docks for the warren of Dhah-Mbel'ya.
-2: Swiech Guard Room, staircase heading up to 5A-1.

Optical: 2+1
Terrance: 2+1
Gem Hound: 2+3+5
merciary: 2+5+6 [1/4 strikes]

Eltain: 2+6+4+0.1 [for booze]

+2 points for e'eryone, cause turn 3!

Orders due Wednesday 12/12/12, please.

3 EP
Bank 3

Go ahead, non-participatory TerrisH. (Privately, perhaps.)

"Three... two... one!" The Issith warriors cheered as the workers struck as one, their picks breaking into the disgusting rat warren's den, the surprised looks of the meat bags inciting druel.

Then, a rumbling could be heard. Cries of success turned into cries of slaughter as the ceiling fell upon them. "Foward!" cried one of the Den Mother's Favored, before he was brained by a boulder. The Issith ran as the sky fell upon them, their rapidly and poorly constructed tunnel burying them in a grave of their own greed.

The curious Swiech sent a party, and found a crumbled but navigable tunnel leading to a large, abandoned barracks structure. A tunnel leading north from there was completely impassable. Everywere laid bodies of Issith, crushed or starved, trapped in their glory seeking.

The rat-like beings twittered among themselves. What should they do now? Zanomar asks for them to submit to their protection, and they did indeed find many cruel weapons among the Issith bodies. But didn't the collapse show that they are favored by Wengi, that their spawn shall spread across this entire cliff unstoppable and unimpedable?

Ambition form the bodies of the dead Issith rubbed off on the barely surviving Sweich of Rat Town. Vassalage... prehaps. For now. But they will take on the mantle and establish the greatest Warren on this side of Shipwreak falls, and one day, Zanomar will be vassalized to THEM.

12.1 [for booze]

S3: 3B: 5.5 EP
..0.5 EP: Swiech Connecting Tunnel
....2 EP: Swiech Guard Room
....3 EP: Swiech Large Den Room

A connecting tunnel should lead off of 3B-1 heading southwest. Once it passes underneath where the river was and is now the other side of it, it turns into a guard room and then immediately adjoined is a den complex.

S6: 6A: 4.5 EP
..0.5 EP: Swiech Connecting Tunnel
....4 EP: 2 Swiech Guard Rooms

The connecting tunnel heads north from 6A-2 where it turns into a guard room open to the ocean. Another short tunnel heads south from B6-1 where it turns into another guard room, also open to the ocean.

S2: 2A: .5 EP
..0.5 EP: Issith Connecting Tunnel

Unfortunately, sometimes Issith aren't too smart. Several attempts at reconnecting the Ratville tunnel are made, but all fail, resulting in a topsy turvy series of tunnels that go nowhere. We like to assume they think re-digging the collapsed part would lead to further collapse, but that's probably giving them too much credit.

1.1 EP [for booze]: Bank.

remaining 0.5: Donate to whoever grabs it first that can use it.

3/5 orders.
1 story.

10.5 EP: a Wengi Grand Temple Room with a tunnel in 3B off of the Den Complex
2 EP: a Guard Room in 2B in between the Issith and Swiech areas.
Bank .5

There is no banking of fractions, merciary. I should've said sooner, apologies. I will note however that it is in the rules. I will put it towards a tunnel leading to the guard room.

M1: Zanomar's Origins: Update 4.

Underdark

While Zapha-Nav stagnates as their once-glorious Ratville tunnel efforts become more taxing than it ever could be beneficial, Ratville itself booms as trade with the humans above increases its population, food incomes and importance in the Swiech world. A Grand Temple of the Wengi even begins service, attracting countless Quatriut adherants to the town above.

Overworld

Immense growth occurs in the newly born town of Zanomar as trade booms with the Swiech of Ratville. The riders sent west return with a hired allied army from Tolindanas. Likewise, an army, nay, wandering town of people calling themselves the Gurks have camped nearby the entrance of Zapha-nav, perhaps aware of the undertown, perhaps not.

Problem: The Toravopes river has become over-fished. Such a growing population requires more food.

Simply building more food stores will not effect this problem.

Map:
Link.

Legend:

level-zone
-subsequent rooms, descriptions

2A: Zapha-nav
-1: Issith Large Den Room, starcase heading up to the surface and down to 3A-1; main entry way for town of Zapha-nav
-2: Issith Barracks
-3: Issith Temple Room; hidden food chambers, hidden entry-way to Den Mother's quarters on the Under Isle.
-4: Issith Throne Room; secret caches of food, staircase leading up. Seat of power for Issith Den Mother.

2B: Ratville
-1: Swiech Guard Room, staircase heading up to surface and down to 3B-1; main entrance for Warren of Ratville.
-2: Abandoned Issith Guard Room, occupied by Swiech.
-3: Swiech Guard Room.

3A: Zapha-Nav
-1: Issith Den Complex, staircase heading up into 2A-1.

3B: Ratville
-1: Swiech Den Complex, staircase heading up to 2B-1, hidden food chambers.
-2: Swiech Large Den Room/Swiech Guard Room, has become a gathering place.
-3: Wengi Grand Temple Room.

5A: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Den Complex, staircase heading down to 6A-2, has several hidden food chambers off of it.
-2: Swiech Large Den Room, has become the 'warren center', hidden food chambers.

6A: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room; main entry way and docks for the warren of Dhah-Mbel'ya.
-2: Swiech Guard Room, staircase heading up to 5A-1.
-3: Swiech Guard Room.
-4: Swiech Guard Room.

Optical: 3+3+2
Terrance: 3+5+2
merciary: 0+4+2 [1 strike]
Gem Hound: 10+5+2 [1 strike]

Eltain: 5.1 [for booze]

Orders due Wednesday 12/19.

Orders:
17 EP :devil: Let's expand those not so smart Issith!
5 EP on Issith Large Den Room
4 EP on Issith Temple Room
5 EP on Issith Barracks
2 EP on connecting tunnels
0.9 EP on Issith food storage
0.1 EP donated to Eltain

On Subterranean Level 3, the Issith began to expand, carving out caverns that could be defended from the Sweich. They began by digging a tunnel randomly off to the North, and dug a Large Den Room at the end of it. They then dug another tunnel in another random direction and dug out another barracks. They continued through the new barracks and dug yet another passage, which at the end they placed a new temple. They then went back to the Large Den room, and dug another path in a different direction, and dug food storage areas in the sides of the new tunnel.

OOC: How come my tiny story isn't canon? It's about a random border town getting sacked by the newly created Icemen.

I have begun compiling a list of stories in the thread. If I miss one that you have written and posted here, please let me know. So far I have 3 on the front page.

Whoops, sorry, totally missed your post entirely Gem Hound. I must've been writing mine as you posted yours, or just not paying attention.

Because you wrote essentially nothing about them, I determined that they cannot transform from liquid to solid and back. Mostly because I want heat to permanently kill them. No insult was meant, and it does not take away from the blurb's value to the universe in my opinion. I just don't want people going on that assumption.

5 points.

Bank 5.

2/5 orders.

Whoops, sorry, totally missed your post entirely Gem Hound. I must've been writing mine as you posted yours, or just not paying attention.

Because you wrote essentially nothing about them, I determined that they cannot transform from liquid to solid and back. Mostly because I want heat to permanently kill them. No insult was meant, and it does not take away from the blurb's value to the universe in my opinion. I just don't want people going on that assumption.

5 points.

Bank 5.

2/5 orders.
It wasn't talking about turning to and from, it was talking about their original creation.

Top Bottom