Empire Earth II building pack

Walter Hawkwood

RI Curator
Since I've found a way to rip buildings from Empire Earth II, I'm presenting the first pack to the community. Unlike EE2 units, EE2 buildings require little to no "postprocessing" to be usable in-game (although if someone added shadows to them, it would be great). Therefore, all these buildings are as ready for use as they'll be. GRAB'EM!

Note that they use 256x256 textures, but I'm including 512x512 textures as a separate download as well (they look more detailed, but, to my mind, they are excessive for Civ 4 buildings). The first pack includes two buildings that, with some work put into them, could also be turned into units. The buildings are (all shots taken with 256x256 textures):

1) Desalinization plant (an in-game shot as a proof of working concept)

2) Asian "Palace" (although this building is pretty generic - I just need to call it something; also note that it consists of two easily separateable parts, the large building and all the smaller ones are two different meshes inside the .nif file and use two different textures)

3) Advanced Asian "Palace"

4) Mid-Eastern "Palace"

5) Advanced Mid-Eastern "Palace"

6) Ballista (there are two .nifs included; one with a large base better suited for a building role, and one with a small base better used as a unit).

7) Coastal gun

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Later packs
:

Pack 2 - Modern buildings

Pack 3 - Temples

Pack 4 - Forts part 1

Pack 5 - Forts part 2

Pack 6 - Random buildings

Stay tuned for more EE2 fun, or, better still, request buildings you particulary want to see converted. :)

I should have thought of that! All that time playing EE1 and I didden't even think of converting it's (sequel's) buildings. I'll stay tuned for more. I'd personally like some from the last two ages. Can never have to many future textures! (well at least I can't. Of course I am a fan of sci-fi)

I should have thought of that! All that time playing EE1 and I didden't even think of converting it's (sequel's) buildings. I'll stay tuned for more. I'd personally like some from the last two ages. Can never have to many future textures! (well at least I can't. Of course I am a fan of sci-fi)

Well, many people have thought of that, but the real problem with EE2 is that the textures are packed. Up until now, nobody was able to get them working; my procedure, unfortunately, is also quite clumsy, but hey, it works. I'll make a modern/futuristic pack next then. :D

OK, pack 2 is up and running. It contains several modern/near future buildings. Unlike units, there are no buildings in EE2 with decidedly futuristic looks; most of these wouldn't look out of place today. As usual, 512x512 textures included separately.

1) Coastal missile battery. This one is highly modular; you can delete parts of it in the .nif for any combination.

2) Dock facility.

3) A house. Don't really like how it turned out. Probably has a missing alpha channel somewhere.

4) A listening/observation post. This one doesn't have a 512x512, as its native texture is 256x256.

5) A shopping center.

6) A warehouse.

These aren't the only modern buildings in EE2, some more may well be included in further packs.

Very good stuff... is there anything in Empire Earth II that would pass for a Soviet/Russian or Viking palace?

I'll have a look, but a more natural choice for this kind of stuff would be the expansion pack for EE2, which introduces Russia as a civ, that I'm going to get soon.
You have to buy an expansion pack for EE2 to get the Russians? Weak! (of the game company, not you).

WOW great stuff, convert all of them!!!! :)
Чем больше тем лучше!!

WOW great stuff, convert all of them!!!! :)
Чем больше тем лучше!!

I probably will, eventually. Next in queue are all the different temples.

А потом, глядишь, и третья часть докачается... ;)

Top Bottom