• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Employment Status (12/12/2004)

What's your employment status?

• Retired

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Discouraged worker (Non-Student)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
I am curious on what the current employment status of the CFC community stands at the moment.

I have made a simple expantion on the previous polls and include other options, Such as Discurage Worker, Self-employed, etc.

Poll choices.
Retired
Employed (Self-Employed is considered Employed)
Unemployed (Non-Student)
Unemployed (Student)
Discuraged Worker (Non-Student)
Discuraged Worker (Student)
To young to be in the labor pool

Ive also added to this post on the definition on a Discuraged Worker.

Definition of "Discuraged Worker" from wiki
In economics, a discouraged worker is a person of legal employment age who is not actively seeking employment. This is usually due to giving up looking, or no success looking, hence the term "discouraged."

Discouraged workers are not considered to be part of the labor force and are thus not counted in most unemployment rates, which some argue can lead to flawed statistics

This poll will time out in about a month

It's complicated, my program (education) has me "working" as a teacher right now. However, I am a student.

So is this the sixth poll about this topic on these forums over the past week? Or is it the seventh?

Immortal said:
It's complicated, my program (education) has me "working" as a teacher right now. However, I am a student.

Student-teacher then? At a school?

Anyway, I'm employed at the State of Maryland Department of Education. Programmer/Analyst, and Website Admin.

Chieftess said:
Student-teacher then? At a school?

Anyway, I'm employed at the State of Maryland Department of Education. Programmer/Analyst, and Website Admin.

Getting paid to sit in front of a computer and moderate...

;)

Unemployed for me. I'll do the occasional job like scoring hockey games ($12 an hour for me. My only source of 'cash'.), but otherwise, no.

I am a student and a Discuraged Worker. Mainly I am discuraged to find a job because no one wants to hire me becuase of the hours I wish to work. Its hard for me since I have Karate 3 times a week, School in the morning, and a club meeting on Mondays.

Student-Teacher I guess :crazyeye:

High School students have no respect for a teacher 3 (Seniors) -6 (Freshman) years older than them :mad: sans degree.

Immortal said:
Student-Teacher I guess :crazyeye:

High School students have no respect for a teacher 3 (Seniors) -6 (Freshman) years older than them :mad: sans degree.

It's kinda wierd to kids when a classmate's sister is a student teacher. Or, in the reverse case, a classmate's sister's former classmate is their teacher, in the case of my little sister. Her Spanish teacher last year was my classmate in elementary school. If the person is a substitute teacher AND a parent of a classmate, then they're the coolest person in the world.

I would get scrutinized pretty closely from doing anything contrary to the rules. I don't have the same flexibility that a payroll teacher does, since I am not only accountable to the teacher I work under, the department and the administration, but also my professor and the faculty of education.

Its a very dry, unengaging classroom when this happens, but I try my best to have some fun activities. (The mock salem-witch trial for instance).

Happily employed.

You missed self-employed?

Warpstorm is programming games. Who wouldn't like that? :)

stormbind said:
You missed self-employed?
Self-Employment is counted as Employment

I work for the goverment

Top Bottom