Enable Civ 6 Mods for MAC

I can't get some mods working. This one for instance: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/more-barbarian-xp.603688/

I've downloaded and expanded that file. It creates a folder called TCS More Barbarian XP, which I moved into my ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/ folder. When I start up Civ6 and click Additional Content I see that mod listed as installed and enabled.

I'm not sure how to tell whether it actually works, as I don't play the game, I only provide basic tech support.

Note that ~/Library - that's your own Library folder in your Home directory - is hidden as standard in MacOS. you have to hold Alt down and select Go in the Finder to open it.

Questions: Are you running the Steam version? If so, what happens when you do what I did?

If you are running the AppStore version then you need to put the mod folder in a different location.I believe it's at ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

I downloaded from the app store and can't find how to add other mods in. I cant find a mods file to put anything into. Im new at playing on mac and modding through the app store. Any help please? Be as specific as you can.

I downloaded from the app store and can't find how to add other mods in. I cant find a mods file to put anything into. Im new at playing on mac and modding through the app store. Any help please? Be as specific as you can.

So for MAS Civ 6, you will find that it is buried in the Users/(your username)/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/

As the Library folder in your user (the folder with the home icon) is hidden, you may need to use a utility like Onyx to enable viewing invisible folders in the finder.
The other way is by the Finder, click Command Shift L to go to the Library folder in your user folder. (You can hold shift while in the Go menu in Finder to see it.)

Once you have downloaded mods, just extract them and then drop the mod into your mods folder.
To play them, select it in the Additional content. You can also do that for DLC, if you are playing a LAN game against a friend.

Top Bottom