1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

End of the Beginning of the End

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by EQandcivfanatic, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

Try to give these tree hippies a haircut.

With an axe.

2. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

To: Followers of Orbaes

We kindly request that your missionaries cease proselytizing activities in the Shu State. We respect your religion and your traditions and we ask you to respect our religion and traditions too. We hope that you shall not send any more missionaries to our people. Any missionaries found inside the town will be treated as criminals and be expelled from the town. Our punishment to missionaries, expelling instead of killing them, shows that we do not wish to create tensions between our two peoples. But if you continue sending missionaries, we may be forced to revise our policy.

3. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

The Lake will be named Godfall.

The zone that we are currently located in will be named "Tranquility."

4. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

Excellent update EQ!

behold the power of coooooooooooooooooooorn

Dubbing Zone 65 the Ursine Hills, because bears I guess.

5. Quisani

Quisani Gaming Person

In Kamin's Day - A dwarrow song from before the Sundering.

The stone yet cooled upon the Forge.
    Away in secret within Kamin's Gorge,
    Gensin had yet to bear it's name,
    The Dwarrowlords awake to glory and fame!

The Firstborn named the mountain spires,
    And beneath they kindled the forge's fire,
    The fortress carved, the mineshafts deep,
    for Gensin earth was theirs to keep!

In the elder days before the fall,
    The races stood so proud and tall
    The Elven courts of Evermore,
    Eternal lords of Northern Shores.
    This age has long since passed away,
    The world was fair in Kamin's Day.

Unworried then were dwarrowfolk,
    The mountains quaked when Kamin spoke,
    The forges rang, the clerics prayed,
    the minstrels sang, the makers made,
    All dwarrow hearths were lined with gold,
    Kamin reined in days of old.

The mountains creak, the forge is cold,
    The hearth is bleak, no longer gold,
    No hammer falls, no fortress grows,
    Kamin's voice no dwarrow knows,
    Dush lays claim to dwarrow souls,
    The Iron Bells begin to toll.

6. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

The zone we are in will be named 'Highlands'.

7. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Quick questions regarding your bone worms,

How do the bone worms live? Where do they sleep? Hunt? What do they hunt/eat? Are there things to hunt around? What do those things drink? Are there streams?

8. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Who wants me to teleport a magicka bomb on top of their enemies? I'll start the bidding at cost+20%, whatever that works out to be.

Thanks.
    Also you screwed up the Shu spoiler tag.

9. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

Just a quick question, WRT food stats in Zones, is fertile better than abundant?

10. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

@Immaculate: All good questions, which I'm sure can be determined by careful study of the creatures, assuming you don't get ate.

@Double A: Corrected.

@Grandkhan: Fertile = Abundant. The way all zone stats are rated is the following: None - Minimal - Fair - Abundant/Fertile.

11. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

Did the extra water I purchased get added to Windgard's stats? The numbers don't add up.

12. EQandcivfanatic

@Shadowbound: You were correct, the numbers did not add up and the purchased water was not included in the stats. The correct amount of water for you stats is 1,229. This has been notated in my copy of the stats and will be figured into the next update.

13. bestshot9

bestshot9 Monkey Sharpshooter

The Dawnbringers 1 - A Vision Realized

Archmage Darrono blinked. His eyes blurred as he stepped out into the sunlight, onto the balcony of his tower. As his eyes focused he could see the rolling plains that spread before him in all directions, covered in farmland. He stretched, and smiled to himself. The first part of the prophecy was correct. He and his followers had felt the breaking of the world, and yet they still lived. The area around the tower was similar to before the shattering, but Darrono could sense there was something off. Something that was not quite right. As he had foretold, the world was no longer the same.

He headed downstairs, past his private quarters, to the guest rooms and makeshift lodgings he had provided for his followers. They looked frightened, unsure of what to do. They had felt the world shatter beneath their feet, but unlike their Archmage, they had not had the chance, or courage, to look outside. As he came down the stairs to the communal hall that his followers were gathered in, he smiled. The students and teachers turned to look at him, relief spreading amongst the group.

Darrono spread his arms out wide. “Students, teachers, my loyal followers! As I was shown, the world has been undone. Thurysius is no where in sight, the world has tried to recreate itself but has failed. Our great city may well be gone, everyone we knew dead. It may still be out there, moved somewhere else by the world, as we were. Think not about the past, however. We must move forward, we must be the masters of our own fate. Together we can complete the prophecy. We can bring upon the world a new Dawn.”

The followers around him merely stared, most still in shock, at the news that their city was no where to be seen and that the world really had broken. Darrono did not bother staying around to further motivate his mages, he knew they would eventually snap out of their stupor. He turned from the room and went back up to his private quarters to stare out at the land from his balcony.

Dawn, he thought while watching the wind blow through the fields. He nodded to himself, lost in thought.

14. EQandcivfanatic

As with last week, the orders shall be due on Monday. Get them in!

15. Double A

Seriously? No one wants a superweapon dropped on someone?

16. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Everybody is literally struggling for resources, don't border anyone, and is struggling for resources.

17. Double A

I'm asking for like 20 magicka probably. I was just gonna teleport it into the ocean or something but I figured I'd at least put it up for auction.

Doesn't anyone want it for solving their challenge?

18. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Can anybody even get you resources to where you're at?

19. Double A

magic

20. Quisani

Quisani Gaming Person

The Dwarrowmage Bifar came running into great hall of Nututdun, battlecloak billowing behind him. "Farras! Farras! You won't believe it! A sign! An omen! Fortune o' the most divine!" Farras Lightseeker and Alf were overseeing the placement of the Honoroath Crystal. Farras did not look towards Bifar as he spoke.

"What is it Bifar? A wee bit more to the - right there! Perfect! Not a budge more!" Farras looked to Alf. He nodded and took over direction of the work crew. "Now what were you sayin', Bifar? Did you try reading the portends in your sausage and mash again?" This brought laughter from the work crew. Bifar, being the youngest member of the mages order, was prone to over-excitement.

"No Farras! This time, it's better than that - though that mash wasn't wrong, I did lose my favorite axe. No, Farras, this time it's a sign from Kamin himself! Someone's seen a giant!" All the worked stopped, and all eyes in the room looked intently upon Bifar. "Someone's seen not just one, but several honest-to-goodness giants. It's a sign straight from Kamin, Farras!"

"Take me to them. Alf, after ya finish up the job, track down Benrin and Gharras. Get them and meet up with us."

-------

"Farras, they're all right along this gorge. The dwarf who spotted them was walkin' right across the face o' one, chased by the one o' those wee giants. Scared 'im half ta death when the mountain lifted up a hand and scratched it's nose. What does it mean? Is Kamin comin'?" Bifar looked to Farras earnestly.

Farras took in the view of the gorge. To a non-dwarf, it would seem as if everything about the gorge was normal. To a dwarven eye, however, the mountain slopes were moving with each breath the giant's took. He studied the view for several more minutes.

"This is a sign. The Sundering occurs and then suddenly the Hands of Kamin, the giants that shaped the world when it was first made, appear at our doorstep? Truly we are honored with their presence and this can only be a sign from Kamin. What this omen tells us, though, is unclear." Farras began pacing back and forth.

"I find more questions with every passing moment. Are the servants of the other gods revealing their presence in this new world? Do Uhras' dragons and Bagd's gryphons roam the skies again? Do Kahel's behemoths rise from the ocean depths? Must we assume that the war of order and chaos between the Broodmothers of Agkakh and Djinn of Barat will commence again? Will voids of night and day swell with armies of Rekhzar and Maimon? Are the gods themselves returning? Or have they abandoned their servants to us? If this is the case, I tremble at thought. We mortal races are but motes of dust compared to these great beings. If they find themselves abandoned to this new world, they we are surely forsaken."