Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

It's only by chance that I noticed the title of your post. If you read in the opening post's installation instructions, EUI is technically a DLC, not a mod. Place it where the installation instructions say and you'll be on your way.

I assumed it was just like every other mod! My bad! Working now, and its all because of you ;)

Thanks, and have a night day :)

I simply can't get this to work. I'm using steam v. 1.0.3.279, I don't have the Korea DLC but everything else. Mods, Tibet, Sumer, Goths, sioux, smart ai, reforestation, RAS, RED Modpack, Quickturns, Nazca Lines Wonder, Music Changer, Nazca Civ., Mali, JFD's The Empire of Germany, Infoaddict, Gibralter Reef and Krakatoa fix, Champa, Beyond the future, Aquatic Fortress, Luigis Barbarian..., Colonialist Legacies Australia,

I deleted the EUI leaderhead, as instructed.

The problem:
Unit panel does not show up in the lower left corner. Nothing is there.

Can't find anything on the net, any thoughts?
Other notes: Just did a fresh install after not playing for a year.

Hi,
I think I mostly figured it out. It is some civilizations that are not compatible. Tibet and Inuit.

The game still crashes if I try to exit to main menu. Is this normal? I read a couple of older threads that said it is.

THanks.

PS. This is a great mod, hard to play if this is not enabled.

I cannot access any diplo screen to declare war, and the icons are bugged (they get "stuck" on initial civ) in the multiplayer game lobby.

Hey guys, is there any way of getting the previous version of EUI (1.26 to be exact)? Ever since the new version, there is an annoying button over the minimap while using Infoaddict, and I've heard that going back to 1.26 resolves the issue.

~Works like a charm, thanks! :)

its now merged with the actual version... the traderoute info (if the lua-api from CP is provided) and the condensed promotions should work.
don't use the UnitPanel.xml and UnitPanel_smal.xml from WHoward's UI - Condensed Promotions!

try the new attached version (rename it, replace the file in the EUI/UnitPanel Folder, DELETE the UI Folder from UI - Condensed Promotions, is tested, includes also a little fix for the original)

Spoiler :
Line 2185-2192
Controls.CityStack:CalculateSize()
local cityStackHeight = Controls.CityStack:GetSizeY()
Controls.UnitStack:CalculateSize()
local unitStackHeight = Controls.UnitStack:GetSizeY()
-- FIX - 2times
--Controls.CityStack:CalculateSize()
--local cityStackHeight = Controls.CityStack:GetSizeY()
--Controls.UnitStack:CalculateSize()
--local unitStackHeight = Controls.UnitStack:GetSizeY()

Condensed Promotions, UnitPanel.lua:

Is there a version that's compatible with 1.27c already?
Thanks!

Just giving some quick feedback:

I updated to the latest version to try out the new features, and they were fairly nice. My only complaint is the new action screen for units. With it, I couldn't gift units as Sweden, and I couldn't use some of the new actions from modCivs. I believe that this aesthetic change causes more problems than it solves, so I went back to the older version.

I apologize that this post seems negative (squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?). I love everything else about this mod.

I tried some of JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations, and felt the Civ V load screen did not adequately showcase Janboruta's magnificent load screens. So I did something about it. Care to try it out ? See attached file (remember to remove any existing EUI version before trying this one)

I don't see an attached file? Am I missing something?

For Linux systems with case sensitive file systems, an easier way of converting the filenames to all lowercase than using the script would be to use the unzip command with -LL argument, which forces conversion of every filename to lowercase.

Example usage: 'unzip -LL EUI_ZIP.zip'

I tried some of JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations, and felt the Civ V load screen did not adequately showcase Janboruta's magnificent art. So I did something about it. Care to try it out ? See attached file (remember to remove any existing EUI version before trying this one)

Tried it with the Mayas. The problem is that the DoM image is lower quality when displayed at this size...

the DoM image is lower quality when displayed at this size...
civs background gets pixelated
if one of the artists on this forum was willing to make nice double size DoM images for EUI, it would look much better (for mods I could add xml support for mod-supplied double size DoM images)

if one of the artists on this forum was willing to make nice double size DoM images for EUI, it would look much better (for mods I could add xml support for mod-supplied double size DoM images)
Well... anything can be "custom-made" for these DoM assets -- but, i really don't get how or what you did to display alternate (Janboruta's or not, btw) versions of such various Artwork from within EUI.

Care to explain? ;)

Well... anything can be "custom-made" for these DoM assets -- but, i really don't get how or what you did to display alternate (Janboruta's or not, btw) versions of such various Artwork from within EUI. Care to explain? ;)
easy: I changed LoadScreen's code (lua + xml) to upscale the image, see attachment to post #2033

what is now needed are nicely upscaled x2 versions of each civ's graphic asset file referenced by their <DawnOfManImage> XML tag, since the game's image scaler is not very good and the results are pixelated. The game's upscaled assets would be included with EUI, so they would load instead of the base versions. For mods to supply HD assets useable by EUI while retaining compatibility without EUI, I could either add a new <DawnOfManImageHD> XML tag or implement an xxxxHD.yyy file naming convention.

Oh... now i get it! :)

The actual default versions which are shown during the "Load" process before we start any given games (saved or not) for each corresponding Civ assets.

For example; the dom_???.dds files are pre-defined as 1024x768 & are archived_packaged in UITextures.fpk along with every other vanilla-stock versions.

PS; Quick JPG-snapshot of an Apolyton source for precision of intent...

This would be done rather easily but if someone were to include *ALL* possible stuff (DLC, etc)... you'd end-up with a fairly big set of files.

Soooooo - you'd want each of the images to be exactly 2048x1536 (doubled!) without losing any perceivable resolution qualities, right?

I could do that for you... but let's try a test-sample first. I'd need to know your choice of a Civ?

Top Bottom