Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hi whenever I use this, I get an immediate CTD after the loading screen.....

used to work, but not anymore.

EDIT: noticed I didn't have latest version will find out if that is the issue.

DOUBLE EDIT: nope that didn't fix it.

abj9562,

Since wHowards' multiple mini-mods have to pull the generic DDS (double-arrows) to be made compatible with EUI Shortcut-Icons row, the only solution would be that HE could agree to integrate that feature into each of his individual files.
If he ask, i could always spiff up some custom stuff for him as long as the codes are altered accordingly. It's rather easy to implement, btw.

PS; In fact, i've already created a custom version for ZN-Eras and it's working as intended on my PC. This new stuff will be released later on the Steam Workshop as usual!

As shown by this image, you can see i (TOO) use some other mods; City-Production, Civ-Rankings, GreatWorks, Info-Addict (which received its own custom icon straight from EUI install folders) & Wonder-Status.

For sure, that magic-wheel is an entirely different concept (than EUI default horizontal pool) with a maximum of 8 shortcuts per Eras. It could be adapted as another method... but i doubt bc1 would be willing to change that much within his own UI principles though (well known by players and working flawlessly as it currently stands!).

I can't speak for Nutty. Although i'd prefer him to "concentrate" on the LUA code for the ZN-Center component. If he ever has the precious spare time, that is!! ;)

I don't want to hijack this thread so I will send a PM as a reply

Hey guys,

this enhancement looks great and will come in extremely handy! Good job and thanks for your effort!

Just one quick question:

Is there any chance you could add the number of rounds a city needs to augment its territory in the city banner, possibly as a purple number above the number of rounds to population growth (see attachment)? That's something I really miss...

Or is it technically unfeasible?

Thx in advance!

This should be possible since the VEM and GEM mods used to have a vertical purple bar parallel to the city growth bar on the city banner. It was similar to the picture you attached, except it was a separate bar next to the other one.

Whether or not the creators of this mod want to implement it, however, is entirely up to them. It's easy for me to say what can and can't be done when I'm not the one who has to do it ;)

That's me again, this time with a few suggestions, comments, proposals, for consideration.

1. PlotHelp: when a settler is selected, plot mouse over shows potential city max work limits (dark) and highlight overlapping plots (orange)

This is an absolutely awesome feature, the only problem I have with it is that when I mouse over a new city location, the tooltip window for the terrain appears and covers at least a few tiles from the potential new city borders view, making this feature much less comfortable. Would it be possible to remove all other tooltips when Settler is selected, so that the the only remaining is the undisturbed city limits?

2. "and provides no additional information to the player that is not already available somewhere"

I have played Civ 5 a lot and it stills surprises me every now and then, so I may be wrong, but so far I didn't know that there is a place in the game where you can instantly check exactly how many technologies every civilization has discovered and what exactly are the policies of every civ. This information is given away for all the civs in your mod at any time.
So now: either I never knew where to check it before, and it is present in the game (then sorry for stupid comment), or your mod provides more information than I would normally have.

3. CityBanners: mouse over city banner highlights worked plots (green), unworked city plots (orange), city max work limits (dark), and plots targeted by culture (magenta)

Two things here.
One - mouse over banner actually shows not only unworked city plots, but also city plots outside of the city workable area, resulting in unclear view full of orange fields and making city max work limits less visible.
Two - the choice of colour is a bit aggressive for the world view, and not consistent with the city view - in city view the unworked tiles are blue and it looks really good. Personally I would be much happier if we kept consistent, less aggressive and easier to look at colours, and if the city would only show it's workable area - I can get the rest from the borders anyway.

4. items may be purchased directly (e.g. great people), if the relevant purchase button (faith or gold) is displayed and not disabled (insufficient funds)

Unfortunately the direct purchase button is not displayed for items in the queue, so in order to buy sth you have to remove it from the queue first. Not a game breaker, but kinda goes against the less clicks philosophy.

I don't think I have seen any other things I could complain about - generally I am more than happy with this mod anyway!

Any idea what might cause this? It's not a game breaker but can be quite distracting and whwoard dll is now required by several great mods.
post about the issue: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13676916#post13676916

In the starting post it says:
"Whoward's mods: all of his 157+ mods (including UI ones) should be compatible, EXCEPT for:..."
But no, it's not. It's not compatible with his "DLL - Various Mod Components" (even in the YieldIconManager file from EUI is written it is compatible with "DLL - Various Mod Components v.63" which is not true)

So is the only solution to delete either the YieldIconManager files from whoward or from EUI ? What gets lost by doing so?

This has probably been asked somewhere already, but I have not used this mod to any great extent because the screen looks cluttered. I have managed to prevent individual unit list appearing on the left hand side by unticking the unit screen on the bottom left. Now how do I get rid of this unit summary screen?

In the starting post it says:
"Whoward's mods: all of his 157+ mods (including UI ones) should be compatible, EXCEPT for:..."
But no, it's not. It's not compatible with his "DLL - Various Mod Components" (even in the YieldIconManager file from EUI is written it is compatible with "DLL - Various Mod Components v.63" which is not true)
It is compatible but creates a visual glitch where every yield icons are displayed as food, but it's only visual and you could even play without fixing it. However it's true that it should be noted in the opening thread.
So is the only solution to delete either the YieldIconManager files from whoward or from EUI ?
Yes, you have to delete YieldIconManager.lua and YieldIconManager.xml from the DLL mod. Those files will be located in different sub-folders depending on whether you use whoward's dll or the community patch dll but the fix is similar, just delete those 2.
What gets lost by doing so?
AFAIK, what is lost is the ability to display additional yields not used by the base game but possibly used by mods. So if you use EUI and a mod that adds unusual tile yields, you will only see the base game yields.

It is compatible but creates a visual glitch where every yield icons are displayed as food, but it's only visual and you could even play without fixing it. However it's true that it should be noted in the opening thread.

Yes, you have to delete YieldIconManager.lua and YieldIconManager.xml from the DLL mod. Those files will be located in different sub-folders depending on whether you use whoward's dll or the community patch dll but the fix is similar, just delete those 2.

AFAIK, what is lost is the ability to display additional yields not used by the base game but possibly used by mods. So if you use EUI and a mod that adds unusual tile yields, you will only see the base game yields.
thanks for this detailed answer :)

I found another bug while using other mods:

While using the EUI and Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10) the following happens:
When AI wants to buy a technology from you, the offer interface does not show a technology.

I already deleted the TopPanel.lua from CDF.
I guess the problem is the LeaderHeadRoot.lua. How do change it to make it work? Maybe copy one content to the other and delete one?

edit:
here is the thread I try to fix this issue:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13773999#post13773999

I have played Civ 5 a lot and it stills surprises me every now and then, so I may be wrong, but so far I didn't know that there is a place in the game where you can instantly check exactly how many technologies every civilization has discovered and what exactly are the policies of every civ. This information is given away for all the civs in your mod at any time.
So now: either I never knew where to check it before, and it is present in the game (then sorry for stupid comment), or your mod provides more information than I would normally have.
The fact you didn't know about it at all shows how good vanilla interface is.
Policies are shown in the diplomacy overview window while the number of technologies is calculated off a score.

A thought just occurred to me: when a City State wants your religion, your religion's icon is displayed under the CS's city banner and on the score list. Is it possible to put the icon somewhere next to the CS in the Establish Trade Route screen when you're assigning the routes? Or is that screen even modable?

EDIT: Ok, lets try this again the right way:
A thought just occurred to me: when a City State wants your trade route, the trade route icon is displayed under the CS's city banner and on the score list. Is it possible to put the icon somewhere next to the CS in the Establish Trade Route screen when you're assigning the routes? Or is that screen even modable?

I will never play Civ without this mod. Ever.

For the record, the 3UC and 4UC (Unique Components) mods are perfectly compatible, since they don't touch the UI.

Top Bottom