1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Erebus in the Balance Update

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Qgqqqqq, May 27, 2014.

1. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Q, what do you think about reducing hammer cost of Chancel of Guardians and Citadel of Light to something more reasonable? Currently at 240 they seem rarely if ever worth building, something like 160 would be better imo. A similar case could be made for the Hall of Mirrors but that one is better imo, maybe 200 hammers?

2. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Definitely worth considering. I'll add it as an issue (to turn a Terkhen turn of phrase ;) ) for when I get back.

3. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Erebus in the Balance: Version 11

Download here.

Note: Unlike the previous version, this installer works standalone, and doesn't require previous versions of Erebus in the Balance or FFH2 to work (it will require BTS, of course). However, as this was made using the steam default install location, if you have any issues, please check that it is being placed in the correct directory (alongside your other BTS modes).

The cumulative changelog was not rolled into the download itself, but can be found here.

Version 11 Changelog:

Spoiler :
    • Building Change: Governors Manor stops being a courthouse, price change 180h->120h, loses maintenance reduction
    • Unit Change: Axeman lose Mithril Weapons (NOTE: Pyre Zombies/Chaos Marauders still use Mithril Weapons (Deliberate))
    • Tech Change: Rage, Righteousness, Commune with Nature, Theology and Malevolent Designs have their price reduced to 65% of current. (CwN/Rage:6800->4420 Theo:7600->4940 MD/Right:7400->4810)
    • Tech Change: Divine Essence price decreased from 9600->9000
    • Tech Change: Feral Bond price reduced 1200->1000
    • Trait Change: Hannah the Irin: FIN/RAI -> FIN/RAI/INS (Insane)
    • Trait Change: Keelyn: CRE/SUM -> CRE/SUM/ING
    • Trait Change: Volanna: AGG/EXP -> AGG/CRE
    • Trait Change: Averax the Cambion: AGG/CRE/BAR -> AGG/EXP/BAR
    • Trait Change: Os-Gabella: SPI/SUM -> SPI/CHA
    • Unit Change: Marksman now buildable (no level requirement)
    • Unit Change: Chariots require Trade (instead of Construction)
    • Unit Change: Horse Archers (and replacements) gained +40% vs Recon
    • Bug Fix: Chalid Astrakien can use the Crown of Brilliance Spell
    • Event Change: Event Sign 3 now gives 20-50 g, average 35, for “Use these signs as an excuse to raise taxes.”
    • Bug Fix: Turn Number is only displayed once, not twice (with one being incorrect).
    • Promotion Change: Favored now only offers 20freexp (from 30), as originally intended
    • Unit Change: Golems reduced to 100% of the price of the unit they replace. (Wood Golem: 60h->45h, Iron Golem: 180h->120h, Clockwork Golem: 320h->240h, Gargoyle: 180h->120h, Nullstone, Mud, Flesh and Mithril Golems unchanged.)
    • Art Change: Mobius Witches and Revelers now call on the correct art
    • Trait Change: Summoner now gives Spell Extension 1 to Arcane units.
    • Unit Change: Lesser Versions of Host of Einherjar, Pit Beast, and Spectre created. These units have -2 Strength and -1 Move compared to their originals.
    • Spell Change: Summon “Lesser” Einherjar, Pit Beast and Spectre’s created. These require only the first spell sphere and the summoner promotion.
    • Unit Change: Scorpion Clan Archers have their strength reduced by one (to 2/4 +1 poison).
    • Unit Change: Mobius witches now spawn at 5xp/lvl 2 (one promotion available).

Please use this thread to report any bugs or issues you come across. I have implemented every change planned for this version, although once again I shied away from altering the dll to roll in the Non-Core Game Events Option and Team Towers. If I do work this out in time for the teamer, I will post an updated dll file. I chose to roll in the Os-Gabella and golem changes, despite their being not much discussion on them because I wanted to get this up fast, but I don't think either will be controversial.

Have fun! :)

Current Known Issues:
    Spoiler :
    Tower of Mastery doesn’t read from Team wonders, only national (Once solved, implement Towers are team wonders change)
    Tower of Mastery Requires Omniscience not implemented yet
    Built Mobius Witches do not receive xp from civics but do receive promotions from SotC
    The Game Option Disable Non-Core Events has not been implemented

Once again, the majority of the discussion of the features of this mod and their rationale, occurs over at Realms Beyond. However, if you have feedback, ideas for future versions, or bugs discovered, feel free to report it in this thread, where I should see it every 2-3 days.

4. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

well done :D

5. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

6. akatosh

akatosh Prince

What does Hannah's insane trait do?

7. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

The same as Perpentech's (she has two traits, FIN/RAI until a trait swap, whereupon she has three).

(From feedback, this may be retconned in v12.)

8. akatosh

akatosh Prince

I'd just give her Ingenuity, but that might make her overpowered (Ingenuity is the best trait for the OO melee line.)

9. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Erebus in the Balance: Version 11.1

Download here.

Note: Although this is primarily a patch (bugfixing and rolling back the Lesser Summons), it comes as a standalone installer, and doesn't require previous versions of Erebus in the Balance or FFH2 to work (it will require BTS, of course). However, as this was made using the steam default install location, if you have any issues, please check that it is being placed in the correct directory (alongside your other BTS modes).

The cumulative changelog is rolled into the download itself, but v11.1 changes are listed below.

Version 11.1 Changelog:

Spoiler :
    Erebus in the Balance Version 11.1 Changes

Bug Fixes:
    • Fix a bug whereby Governors manors are unbuildable
    • Fix a bug with the spawn values for Planar Gates are incorrectly coded

Balance Changes:
    • Unit Change: Lesser Versions of Host of Einherjar, Pit Beast, and Spectre created. These units have -2 Strength and -1 Move compared to their originals.
    • Spell Change: Summon “Lesser” Einherjar, Pit Beast and Spectre’s created. These require only the first spell sphere and the summoner promotion.
    • Building Change: Infirmaries Cost Reduced (220h -> 175h)
    • Civic Change: Undercouncil moved from Trade to Poisons
    • Civic Change: Overcouncil moved from Trade to Medicine
    • Tech Change: Medicine Cost Reduced (1400b -> 1000b)
    • Trait Change: Cassiel PHI/ORG(ADA) -> PHI/IND(ADA)
    • Wonder Change: Kuriotate Palace Requires Two Cities (Not Four) to Build

This version fixes a pair of bugs found in v11, removes the Lesser Summons from the game, as well as a couple of small balance changes.

10. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

ty for posting the link here ^^

11. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

I get more responses here then on RB these days ;)

12. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

if 1 is "more than on RB", RB must be quite silent ^^

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

they're all busy playing BE :p

14. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Well... :sad:

15. Terkhen

Terkhen King

I'll take this chance to ask some questions then :)

I finally had the time to browse a bit the RB discussions that led to the release of EitB 10 and 11. I agree with mostly all of the changes, but I wanted to comment on a few of them that struck me as weird or potentially problematic.

I may be failing at searching, but I wasn't able to find the discussion for this change at RB forums. It seems potentially overpowered to me to allow a magically centered civilization to build mages directly increasing the cost by just 5/3 and giving them a random magic sphere on top of that.

I can't download EitB 11.1 to check at this moment, but to my knowledge all axeman-like units should cost 45 Hammers in EitB, while the Pyre Zombies are still at 60 hammers. The Pyre Zombies' extra cost, along with them being the highest tier melee unit that the Sheaim could build reliably, justified allowing them access to Mithril weapons. But with these changes, the Sheaim can now build an axeman-like unit like the other civilizations, but they can use Mithril with the only disadvantage of having building prerrequisites that require more techs. I find weird that the Sheaim are moving from being a civilization with nearly no melee line to being the only civilization that can build Mithril units for 45H.

Although I don't disagree with this change (the Luchuirp are slow, both at building and moving troops); this change makes me think about my eternal problem with the Luchuirp; my brother's seemingly unstoppable fireball golem SOD. Since most people do not agree with me about this strategy being overpowered, I guess I should be able to stop it somehow :p

16. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

For the love of all that is good in this sad dying world.

Just lost a very very long post and feeling very pissed. Why on earth does CFC do the "you were logged in in a previous session so BEEP post destroyed"? I know that it doesn't work that way on RB, at least.

Anyway, summary. This is incredibly bare bones because of mood so ask me to expand if you don't understand or get a point:

Mithril marauders: You may have a point. I left as is so spawns wouldn't be so sucky. I don't think anyone would ever build over zombies. So apples and oranges comparing, as Sheiam have different model to other civs. Maybe zombies are OP'd with Mithril actually.

Mobius Witchs: Compare to vamps. Vamps are better (IMO) because reasons (faster to setup, have most useful spheres, feasting, blah blah blah. Therefore if priced, should be cheaper then Vampires. Lack of free spell spheres + xp generation being quicker means that all-mage armies go the classical route not Witchs (IMO) so witchs are mainly good for Averax/Os-Gabella. Even then can't count on free spheres and needing mobility plus 2 levels for promotions means you basically need L3 anyway...so just get a adept? Of course, you can compensate by ignoring mobility or converting nodes and so on, but it still takes a bit of setup and probably requires xp civics, so adept-mage normal route is better for msot mage armies.
    There was more but god its late. Summary they may be overpowered, but sheaim need the boost, it probably isn't by much anyway, and it doesn't seem to supersede the normal process of adepts for a ARC army, so only issues will be getting a too-early mage and making it easier for non-ARC leaders to supplement their army. Given expense of buildings/Witch itself and earlier mentioned issues, I don't think the first will be overwhelming, and the second is sort of what Gate creatures are for.
    Tbh I thought it would be more overpowered, and then testing showed the xp issues.

Agree to disagree on Luchuirp :) Unless you want to duel? ;)

(Genuine open offer, btw)

17. Terkhen

Terkhen King

After I lost one of my huge ExtraModMod answers, I always write my posts in a TXT and then paste and post them in the forum. This method also has some drawbacks, though. For example, you could write an answer, save it in the TXT and forget to actually post it at the forum (which is exactly what happened to me with this answer... sorry about taking so long to post it!).

I'm more inclined about the latter than the former, yes. Let's see how it plays :)

Okay, you convinced me about that too :)

Thanks, but I believe that I would be steamrolled too :p

18. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Thanks! I actually often do use a text-editor (and always do for a while after I lose a post), the problem normally arises when I start responding, not realising how long its getting. Probably using my phone as much as I do is affecting that, as my new phone has no select all option, so I get used to writing short posts in-browser.

The worst part is I meant to ctrl-c it, but forgot when I was editing the post. :'(

Since then someone pointed me in the direction of this which looks like it might help. Bit skeptical for now, but might work :)

/diversion
    Not sure what you meant about Marauders, BTW. Do you mean Mithril Zombies are likely OP'd?

Heh, considering I've been beaten or losing every MP non-duel I've played, not so sure on that front ;)

19. Terkhen

Terkhen King

No, I meant that it is more likely that Mihtril zombies are OP than that the Marauders are OP, but I don't believe either is the case. I was more worried about a change in the common role of the Sheaim than on this whole strategy being OP :)

20. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

You were losing our duel too :p