Eric Holder Continues to Infuriate The "Law And Order" Authoritarians?

My 64oz mug purchase did not put money directly into the hands of coke dealers in Colombia who murder judges, cops, and anyone else who gets in their way. Buying coke does. Guaranteed. Straight pipeline to cop killers.

You snort coke? You willingly contributed to the murder of countless good guys.
What about supporting the Colombian government, as well as US and other companies, which are directly responsible for the torture and murder of tens of thousands of innocent people?

Your taxes continue to put "money directly into the hands" of those who are anything but "good guys" all because if this so-called "war on drugs".

My 64oz mug purchase did not put money directly into the hands of coke dealers in Colombia who murder judges, cops, and anyone else who gets in their way. Buying coke does. Guaranteed. Straight pipeline to cop killers.

You snort coke? You willingly contributed to the murder of countless good guys.

the prohibition of cocaine created that situation, and you support the ban

but plenty of people are dying from booze, tobacco and corn syrup and they're legal so... ban them too?

(Nasty drugs, like heroin and meth, should be quite heavily banned although the focus should be on treating abusers rather than punishing them.)

Why? Any particular reason?

Lacks the power and influence?

He's in charge! Of 10,000 attorneys! The federal kind with unlimited resources. :mad:

:lol: And yet people are giving him for prosecutorial discretion. What do you want? Him to exercise discretion or ride him for doing so poorly?

you forgot the nastiness created by banning them

might be considered a worthwhile trade off if banning them actually worked, but it hasn't so far

What about supporting the Colombian government, as well as US and other companies, which are directly responsible for the torture and murder of tens of thousands of innocent people?

Your taxes continue to put "money directly into the hands" of those who are anything but "good guys" all because if this so-called "war on drugs".

"I am buying cocaine of my own free will, intentionally, with the full knowledge that the money I -willingly and purposely give- this drug dealer is guaranteed to be used to help pay for some drug lord to murder a cop or judge. I am totally fine with that because that's how I roll."

"My government takes money forcibly (legally, but forcibly) from me in the form of taxes. I have no direct (or even indirect beyond voting for representatives) control how this money is spent and a lot of it is spent for crap that it should not be spent for such as unconstitutional programs like social security and obamacare. I don't like it, but I cannot individually change it."

Yeah.... totally the same. :rolleyes:

"I am buying cocaine of my own free will, intentionally, with the full knowledge that the money I -willingly and purposely give- this drug dealer is guaranteed to be used to help pay for some drug lord to murder a cop or judge. I am totally fine with that because that's how I roll."

Which is partially the govt's fault for keeping the drug illegal.

"My government takes money forcibly (legally, but forcibly) from me in the form of taxes. I have no direct (or even indirect beyond voting for representatives) control how this money is spent and a lot of it is spent for crap that it should not be spent for such as unconstitutional programs like social security and obamacare. I don't like it, but I cannot individually change it."

The drug war is unconstitutional, they amended it for a war on booze, never did that for pot or anything else. But you support it anyway and blame the victims of your aggression for the ensuing violence :goodjob:

Cause comes before effect, Prohibition is the cause

Don't you directly support and advocate these efforts by our government, which are just as bad as these drug lords in so many ways?

If you are so worried about drug lords, wouldn't it make far more sense to provide alternate sources so they wouldn't be so powerful?

Have you ever seen the movie Traffic where it is shown that frequently whenever one of these drug lords is toppled that it is the police who toppled him who become the next drug lord?

Did you know that you can openly purchase coca leaves in many mountainous South African countries? That it helps immensely to alleviate the effects of living at high altitudes. That coca used to be found in every bottle of Coca-Cola? That cocaine is still used in some medical applications? That occasional cocaine use "does not typically lead to severe or even minor physical or social problems"?

The drug war is unconstitutional, they amended it for a war on booze, never did that for pot or anything else. But you support it anyway and blame the victims of your aggression for the ensuing violence :goodjob:

Cause comes before effect, Prohibition is the cause

I truly do sympathize with your view that it is unconstitutional. I feel the same way about many things the federalies do. That said, I also accept that the reality is taht the SC determines constitutionality even when they are bone-headed wrong (much of the time.) So whether you like it or it, the war or drugs is SC sanctioned legal. I don't think you'll ever find me advocating breaking the law as it is recognized simply because I disagree with a SC interpretation. I'll argue about it and scream that it really is unconstitutional, but I don't go around saying, "hey, disobey it."

As far as pot goes, I've no issue with States legalizing it and/or refusing to prosecute it, but if you get busted by the Feds, you've still broken the law as it is accepted.

@Forma: What do -any- of the points you tried to make have to do with the fact that cocaine is illegal in the USA. Anyone buying it knows that and still willfully buys it, knowing where that money is going. They are committing a felony, period. Also, it is totally the fault of those who use illegal drugs, not the law that makes the drug illegal. They are choosing to commit the felony and send their money to cop killers. Why? Because they don't give a crap about society and would let their kid be shot by drug dealers if it would get them their next fix.

more kids are getting shot because of the drug war, juvenile crime exploded under Reagan's get tough on drugs policies

I dont blame the drug users, I blame the people who criminalized our freedom

and if I was alive in 1857 I would have disobeyed the fugitive slave act whereas you'd be blaming the slaves for running away and me for helping them, right?

I honestly don't know whether to respond with a directed profanity in your general direction, which would be the quicker, easier way to go, or whether to take a few hours and gather up all of the damned posts I've made over 9 years where I have to state "blah blah unethical laws blah blah indefensible blah blah" because of stupid ass hypotheticals like the one you just put forward.

Also, btw, neither you nor I really know what we would have done because we wouldn't be the same people. I, shockingly, if I'd been kept within the same bloodline, -may well- (see what I did there? I gave a possibility, not a flat out claim like you did) been a jayhawker or union enlistee given that my great-great-great-grandfather moved from NY to KS in the 1850 and all of his children served in the Union.

I did... "Also, btw, neither you nor I really know what we would have done because we wouldn't be the same people."

and if I was alive in 1857 I would have disobeyed the fugitive slave act whereas you'd be blaming the slaves for running away and me for helping them, right?

Come on Berzerker, you're better than this. That's a really low thing to say. They aren't anywhere near the same situations.

Top Bottom