Escape From Zombie Island 2: The Remake

Vuldacon
Thanks Zachar ...sounds like you have a Good Strategy for playing the Farmers. That same strategy is good as any Human Faction because it prevents going to War to gain a building you want...provided you are willing to wait until the Zombies gain a building that you also want.

The authorities lose the hospital right away so that was the first one to go after. Once units can heal in enemy territory that is a big plus. Then the graveyard because it was helluvannoying having a swarm crop up every turn. The authorities lost the radio station by day 4 or 5 and later the huge spiders started cropping up. So went after that one as well. Same with the hardware store. Then made peace with the zombs getting huge supplies in tribute. Game began to get seriously tough with the appearance of monster zombs.

I won again as the Authorities did not enjoy it much though, something about running over Timmy with a tank did not agree with me :(

Spoiler :

there is a strange bug for the scenario or the game perhaps I don't know.
I was in the middle of the company's turn I was using the keyboard's quick key to bombard zombies when it suddenly went heywire..basically all the keyboard command is messed and key no longer coorespond with what it should. Meanwhile the mouse command works fine. I try exit the game but it is still the same. I try skipping a turn and pressing randoms keys and by the beginning of the next turn it's back to normal. But I have no idea what's happening.

By the way I notice land mine require support. It makes it hard to make a whole lot of them when they are sucking your supplies dry...is it supose to reuqire support? needing support for an land mine dones't seem to make much sense. unless its for the game balancing isues

Cloner4000... Your Keyboard/Computer seems to have the problem. Perhaps it was not able to handle everything that was going on at the time you experienced the problem. With all the units and graphics in the game, it can put a "load" on the computer that could cause this. Make sure nothing else is running when you play so your computer has all the resources possible.

Yes, Land Mines are suppose to require support because if they did not, the AI would build 50 to 100 per building. :lol: This was tested.

I'm getting a FILE NOT FOUND error.

"Art\Units\Iroquois Brave\...\Jaguar Warrior\JaguarWarriorFortifyGrunt.wav"

I completely uninstalled my old version of EFZI2, but am still getting this. Any ideas?

BrianL03.

Did you install the game in this location? ...Conquests\Scenarios\Escape From Zombie Island 2?

Jaguar Warrior is one of the original civ 3 units so you should have that unit in your installation which leads me to believe you haven't unzipped the scenario in the correct location.

Could be one of those annoying file name differences that Firaxis introduced during the various incarnations of Civ3. What version or package are you running: Complete or Conquests add on with 1.22 patch? I have Complete so have a file like this C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Art\Units\Jaguar Warrior\JaguarWarriorFortifyGrunt.wav.

I'm running Conquests 1.22 :s

Ok. Let's try a few more things.

Do you have this file: Art\Units\Jaguar Warrior\JaguarWarriorFortifyGrunt.wav

If you do you could copy it and paste it into this folder
..\Conquests\Scenarios\Escape From Zombie Island 2\Art\Units\Iroquois Brave

Then simply open the Iroquois Brave.INI file (using Notepad) and edit the following line:
FORTIFY=..\Jaguar Warrior\JaguarWarriorFortifyGrunt.wav

to read

FORTIFY=JaguarWarriorFortifyGrunt.wav

Now saying all that you really shouldn't have to do that so there must be something wrong with your installation.

BrianL03... Do a search in your Civilization III\Art\units Folder for the
JaguarWarrior Unit Folder. Then check that Folder for the sound named "JaguarWarriorFortifyGrunt.wav".
This is linked in the .ini file for the Indian Brave unit in the game.

IF you have the game installed in conquest Scenarios and have that Jaguar Warrior with the sound named the same, all will work with the links.

Now that's curious, I don't have it for some reason! O.o

Gonna have to copy that on in there to fix my predicament. Thanks guys :)

You could always take a fortify sound file from another unit. Plop it into the Jaguar Warrior folder and rename it JaguarWarriorFortifyGrunt.wav. But like Vuldacon said patch Civ3 vanilla first then apply the Conquests patch. Might be worth doing a clean install just to make sure everything is straightened out.

You could always take a fortify sound file from another unit. Plop it into the Jaguar Warrior folder and rename it JaguarWarriorFortifyGrunt.wav. But like Vuldacon said patch Civ3 vanilla first then apply the Conquests patch. Might be worth doing a clean install just to make sure everything is straightened out.
King Arthur... This is Very True and because there are other linked sounds and units, BrianL03 may have other "problems"...it is best to start with the CIV III and Conquest Updates to play with the proper Versions we used for this Scenario rather than trying to do "alternate fixes". :)

Because it can happen that a player may not have the Updated Versions, we should state Both the CIV III and Conquest Game Versions required on the Release Page.

BrianL03 do you have an Infogrames Interactive folder in your program files? Your Civ stuff should be in there, the Firaxis Folder is for Civ III complete :)

IF anyone wants to get the improved Civil Disorder and Disorder animations, I placed the download link on Page 1 of this thread...Post #10.

These are planned to be in the Update later but wanted to make them available for anyone who wants them now.

I also posted the Corrected Civilopedia again there on the same Post #10.

I will remove the Files and links after the Update has been completed and uploaded.

This scenario is funnn. n_n

Top Bottom