Escape From Zombie Island 2: The Remake

King Arthur... This is Very True and because there are other linked sounds and units, BrianL03 may have other "problems"...it is best to start with the CIV III and Conquest Updates to play with the proper Versions we used for this Scenario rather than trying to do "alternate fixes". :)

Because it can happen that a player may not have the Updated Versions, we should state Both the CIV III and Conquest Game Versions required on the Release Page.

Yeah, I completely uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated each of my versions separately, and still encountered the problem *sigh*. So I ended up doing the alternate fix. Really, I don't use the sounds from the game often enough anyway, so it was perfectly fine to use some other fortify sound :)

The game's pretty fun so far! I'm at 8pm on the second day as the Authorities, and am dealing with a Farmer insurrection while still not having lost any buildings (although I have lost a SWAT Team... not cool)

Also, it looks like I can't build Sewer Accesses aside from my two in the Radio Station and the Police Station. How do I gain the ability to build more?

you need to clear it of the sewer rats first then in some case repair the roads in order to build it.

I just realize you can't build any more TWATT robots awww..they are good.
I have a question regarding the company. They don't get any decently bombard unit until DIY tech and there is a long puace between it and the reg security and Security with SMG. I remember while playing Authorities they can build SWAT by day 2 by comapny is like day 4.

But then company have unit with strong bombard Director and TWATT maybe that's what they are for.

It's silly in my game on how the Survivors, the Farmers, and the Company are all fighting each other due to their use of land mines. And the Zombies are now just the research center, which I will ignore while I go prep to Blitz the company.

Yeh, so long as you keep the . .. .. .. . Robot, the Director, Daryl and your leaders alive, you should be able to cope. :)

I've been playing a game as the company recently, where I have gained so many leaders, that the names have looped back! It's funny controlling Bill from Purchasing, shooting an AI, then using another Bill from Purchasing to kill it. It's also funny when you loose a Champion (lost 1 so far...), and it is replaced strait away! :lol:

EDIT: Crosspost

geminisama... Glad you like it. :) It is intentioned to be a Fast Game for Fun that players can play over a weekend or when they have some spare time.

BrianL03... Not sure what is going on with your installations. You should not have to make any alternate "fixes".
The "Sewer Guards" guard the Manholes and just like any Resource, IF they are occupied by the enemy, you must remove the Enemy before you can use it.

Cloner4000... The "T-800" is a Prototype and a one of a kind special unit for the Company like many units in this game. The Company does not have them in production :)
The Company does not have "Bombard Units" until later because the game would be too easy and fast to win with them. They only have to gain two buildings (Conference Center and the Radio Station) and the necessary techs to complete the "5 Step Plan" to Escape the Island. The Company can gain Great Leaders to upgrade to Champions with "Bombard" Shooting ability.
The Authorities are suppose to have this type Power earlier because they are the "Authorities" and ultimately be able to wipe out the Island easier than other Factions. The Authorities early difficulty is because they are Spread Out and caught by surprise. They must "Regroup" to gain the Power that belongs to the "Authorities" then be "rewarded" with Power to Wipe out the Island as they see necessary.

Bluemofia... Yes, the AI is Funny in all games with the way it handles units and some situations... The AI will start a War regardless of the Unit so even if there were no invisible units in the game, it would not change the AI going to war against the others ultimately. Even the Spunky Kid who is invisible, was run over by a Troop Truck in one of my games and this caused a War between the Authorities and Survivors. The point is that the Authorities wanted to go to War against the Survivors. By Default, the AI will find a Reason to go to war. The Land Mines are more for the Human Players to use as they see fit and the AI will keep some inside buildings as well as on Manholes.

Virote_Considon... Yes, many Great Leaders can be gained in this game. The Reason is so Human Players can gain Champions to "Bombard" Shoot to Help them against stronger Zombie Units. The Company and Survivors in particular can use them in the early game especially. Just another added factor that Human Players can use as they see fit.
Perhaps I should add many more Names to the Champions List to prevent duplication for players that opt for many of them. The Game will vary in the Numbers of Great Leaders gained in each game played so you will not always have as many to upgrade to Champions.

Bottom Line is playability with a variety of ways a player can handle their game play strategies with each Faction they play. Also level 12A, as the Default level, is the average level much like Monarch level in CIV III. Players can play higher levels if or when level 12A becomes too easy. I am sure the numbers of possible Champions gained will be better appreciated on higher levels.

They've been appreciated in the current game, too! I can currently just about take a building with my "main" stack in a turn, although I may have a tough time keeping it depending on how many enemies are outside, and what type of enemy (although the Attack Choppers and Manbot seemed to have helped greatly ;))

The Remake is absolutely fantastic :). I had a pretty short as the authorities and the hordes just flooded to my buildings...

I noticed that the Junk Food resource is looking a bit odd, so I started to make another icon for it. The only problem with making it, is the fact that my PSP9 f*cks up my drawings after I save them :(.

Virote_Considon... Yes, as you know, the Company is suppose to be an easier Faction to play but they were a bit too easy so I set them where they have a little more struggle in the game concerning supplies and research. When the Company can upgrade the Securty units to Security SMG units, players will probably need to set the majoriety, if not all, of their buildings producing supplies in order to be able to upgrade them faster and keep research set high.
...I rather enjoy loading the Black Ops in Attack Choppers as well as "paradropping" them. They "get the Job Done" but a Skreech can manage to kill some of them even when inside a building.

Spetznaz... Glad you like the game. :) What "Junk Food" are you referring to in the game? Junk Food was replaced with Cola.

Hey, in the new version of the mod, you guys have pedia icons for Hannibal and Gun Hannibal, but they're glitchy. I fixed them. Make sure they get into the update!

Attachments

• pedias.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 208
odintheking... HannibalLarge.pcx had the green pixels on the Ground and Black pixels by his left hand but all others are good. I did not notice what you sent me for HannibalLarge when placing it but it has been corrected.
I am not sure if King Arthur placed the Badass Hero pcx files I remade but those are fine. IF you see Our Hero or Badass Hero with "Glitches" other than Our Hero Large...the files did not make it into the Release but I have sent all of those pcx files again and they will be in the Update.

BTW, The BadassHeroLarge.pcx and Small pcx you zipped above were the ones I remade and sent you but the Gun area has been adjusted more now.

@Vuldacon... as the company, I get to the GL names rolling over as well...in the update could the Company (and possibly others) have an extended GL list?

if you need someone to randomly pull ideas, I can do it for you (I was thinking that some "Office worker" references could be used, like Milton (from the comic, and Office Space), Dilbert, Cathy(both from Sunday funny pages)...Noah Bennet(Heroes), Norville Barnes(hudsucker Proxy), Conrad Brean, Stanley Motss (Wag the Dog), Frank Stedman (Head Office), Sue Ellen Crandell (Dont tell mom, the babysitter is dead)

just to name a few ideas off the "top" of my head...

Vuldacon... I was referring to the Cola resource,
I just forgot what it was called in the remake :). As I said earlier, I'm almost done with the new icon for it, I just now have to change psp to gimp, because psp f*cks up the colors after I save.

Just finished my game with The Company.
The Zombie infection on the Island lasted only to 4 am on day 7th :).
Too bad we can't make a new space race victory video :sad:.

the Attack Choppers ain't very useful at now, since they only can fire once per turn and they only transport one unit.I recommend that you should adjust the values of these lovely birds.

And conserning the Hellfire missile, I am not so sure about the model,
it looks just like a Soviet Vulkan rocket :lol:.

as per the helicopter I think the bombard should be 35 it cost the same as a tank..well almost and can only attack once..it has great mobility but most of time it ends up being a siege as the alpha zombie is very tough...

the names' not bad..keep them coming

Spacer One... Yes, I am adding more Great Leader Names for all Factions. IF you want to submit more names that can be used for each Faction, I will add them. I am guessing that 20 Great Leader Names should be enough. You can look in the Editor under "Civilizations" to see the Great Leader names there now and see the general ideas for names.

Spetznaz... I would be happy to take a look at the Cola Icon you are trying to work on...just send it to me and I will check it out. I am not sure what you are seeing that is off concerning the one used now.
*...A new Space Race Victory Video could be made IF we had part of a fitting Movie that we could use without Copy Right problems.
*...The Attack Choppers are very useful with the distance they Fly...IF The Attack Choppers were given Blitz Attack, they would fire 14 times each turn...that would be far to much! IF their moves were reduced to 2 or 3, they would not travel as fast and be stuck outside as they tried to go anywhere. This would get them Destroyed more often. As they are now, players can attack with them and then place them inside a building. The Attack Choppers are small and not meant to carry many troops like a Large Transport Helicopter...I could set them to transport 2 rather than 1. The Black Ops Paradrop 6 squares which should help greatly. It is evident that you won your game as the Company in 7 days so if the Attack Choppers were set stronger, the game would be too easy and won even faster. The Company intends to "Blast Off" and come back to gain World Control...not stay on the Island and Kill everything there, which they can already do now with the Power they gain now.
*...IF you have a more appropriate Model for the HellFire Missile, I would be happy to take a look at it.

Quick word concerning Unit "Bombardment" settings.

Bombardment, which is used mostly in this game as "Shooting" by most units or Firing Missiles in the case of the Attack Choppers, Firing the special weapon for the Manbot or Firing a Laser weapon in the case of the M1 Mech, is not set so much for the "Numbers" to be used as a comparison between units as it is to gain the result of the settings for a particular unit with "Bombardment" ability.
...What this means is game play factors dictate the settings more than what one might think those settings should be by any comparison between units.

...Just to be able to have units with "Bombardment" ability in this game was a major difficulty to adjust everything in the game so all Factions and the Zombies would have playability without creating an imbalance so great that the game would be far too easy and no fun for players. As most of you probably know, the AI will not use "Bombardment" ability as a Human would so Even if the Zombies were given many units with "Bombardment" ability, they would not use them and the game play would be far too easy for a Human Player. "Bombardment" will Kill any Unit, even if the unit is extremely strong. Humans will take advantage of this and be able to use units with "Bombardment" ability very well against stronger units that have much stronger attacks and are capable of Killing the weaker Units with "Bombardment" ability.

...Because the Attack Choppers can only fire their Missiles once per turn, I plan to increase their Bombard Strength to 35 and set them to transport 2 foot units in the Update.

There are many units in this game with multiple Hit Points and that will generally prevent their death with one "Bombardment" Shot in many cases. This is intentional for game play.

Just for example, don't Compare the "Bombardment" setting for units such as Sniper King Arthur to Attack Choppers because the settings are intended for the end result of their "Bombardment" attack ability rather than as a setting that is suppose to reflect what one would otherwise think they should be by comparison. :)

Spetznaz... I would be happy to take a look at the Cola Icon you are trying to work on...just send it to me and I will check it out. I am not sure what you are seeing that is off concerning the one used now.
*...A new Space Race Victory Video could be made IF we had part of a fitting Movie that we could use without Copy Right problems.
*...The Attack Choppers are very useful with the distance they Fly...IF The Attack Choppers were given Blitz Attack, they would fire 14 times each turn...that would be far to much! IF their moves were reduced to 2 or 3, they would not travel as fast and be stuck outside as they tried to go anywhere. This would get them Destroyed more often. As they are now, players can attack with them and then place them inside a building. The Attack Choppers are small and not meant to carry many troops like a Large Transport Helicopter...I could set them to transport 2 rather than 1. The Black Ops Paradrop 6 squares which should help greatly. It is evident that you won your game as the Company in 7 days so if the Attack Choppers were set stronger, the game would be too easy and won even faster. The Company intends to "Blast Off" and come back to gain World Control...not stay on the Island and Kill everything there, which they can already do now with the Power they gain now.
*...IF you have a more appropriate Model for the HellFire Missile, I would be happy to take a look at it.

*Well... when I first saw the Cola icon it just felt that it didn't belong there.
I am not trying to offend the maker of the icon,if someone understood my opinion wrong. I will send the icon to you as soon as I can finish it with proper program.

*Copyright is allways the main consern, but my idea was just a wild thought.

*Hmm... Didn't really thought about using helicopters as a defenders,perhaps because of I was allready winning the game when I got them.

*Hellfire missile is great for it's purpose and I'm pretty sure that not many civ fanatics are studying soviet space programs so much that they can identify it as a Vulkan rocket.

Did you fix the civpedia entry about the cruise missiles being able to kill in one hit? Because a lot of the strong units can't be killed in one hit with the cruise missile.

*Hellfire missile is great for it's purpose and I'm pretty sure that not many civ fanatics are studying soviet space programs so much that they can identify it as a Vulkan rocket.
Well, I know Kryznbec (sp?) made it. (the missile maker guy) And I know it was soviet in design. Does that count? ;)

Spetznaz... I did the image work and there were many of them :) No offense taken. If I had more time, I would have spent longer on each file but I did try to make them all as good as possible for the time I had. Are you working on different image for Cola Large and Small Resource Icons? IF so, I would like to see what you come up with. They do need to keep the same backgrounds for the Resource.

Bluemofia... What I am doing is setting the Cruise Missile with 1000 Bombard Strength at a Rate of Fire of 10 so it will Kill any single Unit. Hit Points that were added later to many units are what prevent the Cruise Missile from Killing ANY single Unit. This should take care of that but I will test it to be sure.

The HellFire Missile was a unit first created by Krayzeenbk and called "R-7 ICBM". I made new Large and Small pcx files and units_32.pcx. I also added a blast wave to the Explosion. The ICBMBomb.flc and ICBMBomb.wav were first converted from the
games Red Alert 2 and Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, by Westwood Studios by
Orthanc, then I combined the sound with the CIV III ICBM Bomb.wav
with additions and changes. I re-colored The New ICBMBomb.flc so the Ground Circles (Blast Waves) are lighter and appear as High Energy Waves and a I added a Bomb Flash at the beginning for effect.

The R-7 was the brainchild of Soviet missile designer Sergei P. Korolev. Created to hurl warheads at the United States, the deployment version had a range of about 12,000km (7500 mi), becoming the world's first inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM). On the 4th of October, 1957, the R-7 put the [Sputnik] satellite into orbit around the earth, an alarming display of Soviet technology that set off the space race between the USSR and the USA.
...so yes, the HellFire Missile is a model of the first ICBM in the world...and that was Russian.

Spacer One... I have added the Names you mentioned for Great Leaders. I limited them to Male names due to the Champions being Male units.
IF you want to submit more names to use for the Other Factions, I will try to fit them in.
The Authorities need 8 more names.
The Survivors need 7 more names.
The Farmers need 8 more names.
The Zombies need 8 more names.

20 Company Great Leader Names:
Mr. Smith
Bill from Purchasing
Alan from Accounts
Peterson from the 5th Floor
Richard from Research
Mac from Maintenance
McKinlay from Management