1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethnically Diverse Units (4/16/06)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Rabbit, White, Apr 16, 2006.

1. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

Or they don't have any, or you forget to attach them, but the new units show a pink button ingame -and in civipedia.
    Btw, the second armour unit in civipedia shows me a red blob, and I could see all the models with the nifviewer. And the Yamamoto is pink to me, but I think that's a graphics card problem of me. ;)

2. The buttons are totally my bad, I did forget to include the buttons, but I updated the file and now the zip should include the needed buttons. So anyone who downloaded this earlier, please redownload it.

As for red blob for second armour unit and the yamato, I checked all new units in game to make sure they're showing up properly, so it probably something on your end (like graphics card problem you mentioned), however if anyone encounters this as well, please let me know.

3. Doomed_UK

Doomed_UK Chieftain

Are the tanks missing from the unit formations XML file?

4. Psycadelic_Magi

Psycadelic_Magi Hippie/Philosopher/Peanut

Woah! you finally made the units! they look awesome!
    But btw (according to rome total war anyway) the swordsmen and spearmen are also available to the carthaginians, but only the swordsmen (the 'iberian infantry') are availiable to the spanish (ie the (celt)iberians)

EDIT: sorry, ive now actaully read the changelist, and nothing is wrong.
    Well done once again

5. I haven't included the tanks in the formations file because the tank units usually have only one tank and its default position is fine. I don't think I noticed any problems with that. Have you encountered any problems because of that? Or have you simply modified the tank units to have more tanks and saw that they weren't positioned as you expected?

6. Doomed_UK

Doomed_UK Chieftain

I only mentioned it as I know the default tanks are listed in there, I was unsure if any new ones had to be there or not.

While I am on the subject of the XML files I noticed several referances to a Roman spearman unit, but I can not recall seeing that unit when I have played against the Romans. It may just be me being thick (again).

7. I'll check when I get back home but I'm pretty sure that the vanilla spearman has become the roman spearman while the default spearman (i.e. the one that a civ has if it doesn't have a unique looking one) is now a new model.

8. Doomed_UK

Doomed_UK Chieftain

Ah! That would explain it!

You see, I rip out most of your units to add to my personel mod, and often compare XML files to look for errors.

(I had my own version of ED units mod with added custom game speed option when you first released your mod, so I initially just filched the extra units, and have occasionally come back for more, this time I already had all the modern stuff plus more but I wanted the spanish units.)

9. jray

jray Chieftain

Great mod, White Rabbit! I got a request to integrate it with my jrayUGH unaltered gameplay modpack. I'm wondering, does your mod alter the .CivWarlordsSave file structure at all? Not a big deal if it does-- I just like to document whether things have savegame compatibility.

Also, do you know if anyone's combined your mod with either Better Ship Scale Fleets (Elhoim) or Great Person Mod (Gaurav, Amra, Patricius, TheLopez)? Those are the two components in my modpack that overlap with your mod. If someone else has already done the merging work, then maybe I can, um, borrow it :).

Thanks!

10. Gaurav

Gaurav Chieftain

The mod does not alter the savegame file structure, but it still isn't savegame compatible. That is because the integer unit ids which are saved will be changed by the addition and changing of order of units in the xml.

You can see what info is saved and retrieved for each unit by looking at the CvUnit::read and CvUnit::write methods in CvUnit.cpp.

P.S. I doubt anyone has merged this with a mod you helped me update a week ago. :lol:

11. Well Gaurav answered your first question. As for those two mods, idk if anyone combined them with EDU but I'm in the progress of modifying the scale of units, including ships, myself, it just goes in small steps from updated to update. I also worked with early versions of Elhoim's mod, and I know he did a good job on those ships, so while I may not directly integrate his mod into EDU, eventually ;) the ship scales in EDU will most likely be the same as in that mod.

12. baal_isidro

baal_isidro Chieftain

Rabbit, you are my Hero !

I can`t really imagine how much work and diligence that mod have been taken.

So I´d like to give you a special thanks for making a great game even greater than ever before !

13. Hehe, thank you. :) It's nice to see that people are still discovering my mod and enjoying it. :goodjob:

14. Elucidus

Elucidus Chieftain

I do have an issue I can't seem to figure out. When I use this by itself it works fine, but when I combine it with any other mod...I tried CCCP and Genetic era so far, I can't load any scenario I created with the BMP to WBS converter. Any idea what i am doing wrong?

15. I don't know much about the converter but EDU doesn't really change anything fancy - some new "unique" units, some new cities, and a small python mod, that's it. See if maybe removing one of the latter two helps, like maybe combine only the units' part from EDU with the other mods, and ignore the city changes and the dawn of man screen mod (that's the python change). In any case, you should probably ask about this the folks at CCCP, they are much more versed in combining mods than me and will be able to help you.

16. Elucidus

Elucidus Chieftain

I have combined a lot of mods and never ran into something like this. I will try as you say to troubleshoot, I'll let oyu know what I figure out tomorrow. Thanks.

17. PiTiFUL

PiTiFUL Chieftain

Thank you for your work on this Rabbit, this combined with regiments is the best CivMod out, great job. Hope you are going to update it, warships need some variety. The russian jet bomber model is kinda meh, brits need thier own modern armour.

18. England does have its own modern armor - the Centurion.

19. Impaler[WrG]

Impaler[WrG] Civ4:Col UI programmer

A new tool in the CCCP could prove usefull for you Rabbit, it makes the FormationInfo Class based, all units of a Class will belong to a formation, thus a mod like yours which dose not change the unit class will be able to add an unlimited number of unique Units without having to edit any formation files.

I've also made a similar Class based file out of Ket's Formations, it can also be trivialy easily combined with any mod that dosn't alter unitclasses. Units are smaller and more numerous in his mod and have several new formations. Just put the latests CCCP in CustomAssets, remove your current FormationsInfo and run, it should remain just as compatible as you add more units. Heres a screen shoot of some Roman units with the new formations.

Attached Files:

20. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

This sounds awesome Impaler!! I suppose it would work if I didn't want any new formations, just the vanilla ones, without redoing all the new units? It sounds really good, going to try it out :D
    Is this CCCP tool available yet?