Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

hi all,
i am having trouble installing this mod and hope someone can help. ill try to be as detailed as possible. When i load the expanded map, only the regular old civs (china, arabia, india, america, etc...) can be seen and if i start the game, its the regular old game rules. if i load the regular map, just 4 new civs can be seen and if i try to play that one, it loads the map and then immediately kicks me out of the game. the mod files are in the mods/EE31 directory, and not in the my games directory. the maps are in the publicmaps directory. i edited the text of the maps to link to the mods/EE31 directory. i also have patch 1.52 installed. when i try to play, the mod is loaded, it says EE31 in the top right corner. i have tried reinstalling the mod many times, ive tried redownloading it many times, and i reinstalled the entire game once. i dont have any old file versions since i never downloaded an older one. i read through all the posts and noticed several other people had this same problem, but they never posted what they did to fix this. so if anyone has any ideas or can help in any way, it is appreciated.

ArbitraryGuy said:
Charles 22 said:
What's happening is the battles where I attack with between 70%- 97% have something like a 50% failure rate. OTOH, for what dim-wiited times I attack with less than 50% I seem to be achieving results which are considerably higher than the percentage -weird-.
Nothing has been done to change combat or unit strength values (unless you're playing with the UU addition).

Okay, but there's very little if any UU's out there. I notice I have like 3 different EE3's. One is a 10 civ and there's two slightly different ones with 18 civs. I believe one 18 civ one is shorter than the other. I'm playing the 1200 turn one.

Poseidon_55 said:
There needs to be a better way to get oil cuse there is only oil in Norway

I agree that there needs to be a bit more oil. I have been playing V. Soma's wonderful map for the past few games and have found oil really only in Asia minor (reason to destroy Ottoman empire), England (the north sea) and in Scandinavia.

In the game I am playing now as the Papal States, i just discovered Rocketry in the early 19th century and the world is basically at peace. France (as usual) declares war on everyone and gets beat up as a result.

Charles 22 said:
Okay, but there's very little if any UU's out there. I notice I have like 3 different EE3's. One is a 10 civ and there's two slightly different ones with 18 civs. I believe one 18 civ one is shorter than the other. I'm playing the 1200 turn one.

No, I mean Unique Units ("Unique Unit"="UU"). I haven't changed the unit values... the only thing that has changed the combat values of units is Gunner's Unique Unit Addition to this mod. My guess is that the odds display / combat percentage win display is faulty.

ArbitraryGuy said:
No, I mean Unique Units ("Unique Unit"="UU"). I haven't changed the unit values... the only thing that has changed the combat values of units is Gunner's Unique Unit Addition to this mod. My guess is that the odds display / combat percentage win display is faulty.

Yes, I knew what UU's are, only since most of the nations I deal with aren't in base game, then I don't see very many if any (are there any?).

Yes, maybe the percentage is faulty. It seems as though it's being stated 15-20% too high when compared to the result. I think before I started playing this mod I saw maybe one or two 96-99% battles that I lost in the whole time playing the base game, whereas playing this mod I lose at least that many in that situation per game.

Thank you!

EDIT:
I would like to make a new map for EE:EEM. With norther Africa parts, and Israel and Arabic parts, i just would like to modify EEM a little bit. would that be allright? I also wanted to youse your missionaries for the mod i like to include the different christian churchs and also sunnit and shiit and also jewish

nick229 said:
hi all,
i am having trouble installing this mod and hope someone can help. ill try to be as detailed as possible. When i load the expanded map, only the regular old civs (china, arabia, india, america, etc...) can be seen and if i start the game, its the regular old game rules. if i load the regular map, just 4 new civs can be seen and if i try to play that one, it loads the map and then immediately kicks me out of the game. the mod files are in the mods/EE31 directory, and not in the my games directory. the maps are in the publicmaps directory. i edited the text of the maps to link to the mods/EE31 directory. i also have patch 1.52 installed. when i try to play, the mod is loaded, it says EE31 in the top right corner. i have tried reinstalling the mod many times, ive tried redownloading it many times, and i reinstalled the entire game once. i dont have any old file versions since i never downloaded an older one. i read through all the posts and noticed several other people had this same problem, but they never posted what they did to fix this. so if anyone has any ideas or can help in any way, it is appreciated.

I'm having the same problem and i've been unable to find a way to fix it. If anyone has an answer to this problem i'd greatly appreciate any help they could offer.

Superior Mod.

Here's my one issue - I've downloaded the unique units for the 18 civ version. But now when I go back to play the 10 civ version, only the swedes and ottomans have UUs, the Italians, Spanish, Austrians, and other civs that aren't in the 18 version have no UUs.

Is there any way to fix this short of un-installing the UU add-on?

I'm playing V Soma's map and I noticed after a while that I couldn't produce any missionaries and religion has stopped spreading altogether. I only care because I captured a few cities that do not have Catholocism (my state religion) and I am suffering from the unhappiness penalties.

I am in 1865, but I have all of the techs but CounterReformation (I probably need that to build Catholic missionarries and this will appear to be a stupid question :)). Why can't I build missionaries?

BTW I love this Mod!

awsome! Do you think you could make a modern european verson? It would be cool to start with already established coutries in the late middle ages.

Missionares can be build after scientific method in cities where you have built monasteries before you researched scientific method:).

This is the best mod ive played on Civ4 so far Excelent work!:D

If an american is hit on the head by a ball, he can't sue. The ticket has a disclaimer on it about that, and they warn you at the beginning of every game to watch out for batted balls and broken bats...

I noticed that maybe some of you had a similar problem with EE Flags like I do have with my Wheel of Time flags now.
The EEflags show up fine on my screen though without the fix.

Any chance that anyone can tell me what I have to do with my selfcreated flags to show up on my screen?

The Flags are here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=162406

edit: I use quite an old graphics adapter Msi Geforce4 440mx, Could it be this one has problems noticing black alphas?

Edit: Nevermind was the same problem you had, is solved now

Another subject
Played the EE Mod a lot and love it. The only thing I don't like is the late religions play such a minor role. Maybe you could modify it so that the founder of for instance protestantism gets more missionarys so that there is a higher chance ai will change to that religion if it founds it.

Edit: Nevermind was the same problem you had, is solved now

jefmart1 said:
If an american is hit on the head by a ball, he can't sue. The ticket has a disclaimer on it about that, and they warn you at the beginning of every game to watch out for batted balls and broken bats...
That wins my random post award for the day. ;) It must have been meant for another thread.

Top Bottom