Europe Screen 5.0 beta and aodII

Easy fix. But do you like it? :)

Saying that look at this little diamond I pulled out from the internet today...

EDIT won't accept it, if I don't zip. Check it out! :)

Attachments

• Blue_Dock.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
Easy fix. But do you like it?

Of course I like it. It's my Europe screen after all. :p
Still not sure if putting inport panel on top of dock units won't make trouble.

About your little diamond: That would be a great port for Australia. :D

EDIT:
Maybe you should think about removing other both left over ships from AOE3 too. Would look more clean and gives you plenty of space for positioning.

Yeah, is it possible to have inbound above the two towers on the right?

What do you think? :)

EDIT: Obviously when I run many applications, capture screen likes my taskbar. Grrr.... :)

Think you need to move the docked ships closer to the beach to allow for the Dialog Box, not sure if thats what you were talking about in another post just above.

Also, regarding inbound/outbound ship position, is it possible to place ships coming/going east between the towers, and west on the top left? Koma?

P.S. Would be happy to help with any other screens you're making :)

Kaib,

You are the man!

Can you edit .dds pictures? Can you handle images with semi-transparency?

If yes, please check this one, and do your magic again. :)

If not, will post a .jpg, but will have to go several steps back. Still it's ok! :)

Also check the Blue_Dock.rar I've posted and tell me what you think. Can we use it to make a port for Australia?

Your help is really great! :)

Attachments

• chinaport_hires_dock_better_shadow.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
Also, regarding inbound/outbound ship position, is it possible to place ships coming/going east between the towers, and west on the top left? Koma?

Would be possible. You have to read the current unit plot when displaying in/outgoing units.

Shall we try to fix this for all maps?

Basically read and create new plots with reversed X position?

Not really. :)

Units shown in Europe screen are still placed on map, same plot/position where you sent them to Europe.

You have to create an east and a west panel for in and outgoing. When cycling through units attach them depending on their position on map.

Would be fun doing this, but now I have lots of others in my head!

When I finnish with ports, we can try. :)

Kaibayashi, can you play with the .dds file? :)

Would be fun doing this, but now I have lots of others in my head!

When I finnish with ports, we can try. :)

Kaibayashi, can you play with the .dds file? :)

Hey, I can load the .dds in Gimp, but am not used to working in that program, but when I convert to .psd (for Photoshop) it loses too much quality. Any chance you can post a hires ver i can use in photoshop, either jpg/gif/png or psd?

Cheers :)

Sure. Thanks a lot! :)

It's scaled in 1024x1024, but don't worry about it. Will be displayed alright in AoD II.

Let me know, if you have any probs.

Attachments

• chinaport_hires_dock_better_shadow.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 69

Attachments

• chinaport_hires_dock_better_shadow_1.jpg
    chinaport_hires_dock_better_shadow_1.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 82
Hi guys,

I have made my changes like:

if (self.Pirates):
screen.addDDSGFC("EuropeScreenBackground", ArtFileMgr.getInterfaceArtInfo("INTERFACE_PIRATE_BACKGROUND").getPath(), 0, 0, self.XResolution, self.YResolution, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
elif player.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("CIVILIZATION_CHINA"):
screen.addDDSGFC("EuropeScreenBackground", "Art/Interface/Screens/Europe/ChinaBackground.dds", 0, 0, self.XResolution, self.YResolution, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
else:
screen.addDDSGFC("EuropeScreenBackground", ArtFileMgr.getInterfaceArtInfo("INTERFACE_EUROPE_BACKGROUND").getPath(), 0, 0, self.XResolution, self.YResolution, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )

This unfortunately tends to call the european winter screen in winter for China. Where is my mistake?

I have also tried to set in a different way using:
self.China = gc.getPlayer(gc.getGame().getActivePlayer()).isChina()

... but didn't like it! So I use player.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("CIVILIZATION_CHINA"):

I don't get why this does not happen for pirates. I must have a mistake!

Try that after line 59:

Code:
self.China = False

if player.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("CIVILIZATION_CHINA"):
     self.China = True

Now you can use:
Code:
if self.China:

Change line 75 from 'if self.Pirates:' to:
Code:
if self.Pirates or self.China:
     if (not sdEntityExists( 'komaScreens ....

;)

Top Bottom