1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Even More Resources for Vox Populi (v 8)

Additional resources, on top of the ones added by Vox Populi.

1. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

I always feel so incredibly happy and grateful when people help with things in this forum. Thank you HungryForFood!

2. John.B.C

John.B.C Prince

@HungryForFood why is the granary giving +1 gold instead of +1 food?

3. Whitehorns

Whitehorns Chieftain

Upon updated to 0.7 version, something wrong happens with the maps when this mod is activated,

1) on every map regardless of their map type, marsh tiles are displayed the same as a tundra tiles
    2) on every map regardless of their map type, no resources from this mod is placed
    3) on maps generated with Communitu_79 1.17, no resources but the base game luxuries are placed
    4) on maps generated with Communitu_79 2.11 from VP, if AssignStartingPlots is no in setting, result is the same as 2), resulted in 3) if opposite

Attached files are generated with Communitu_79 1.17.

Something funny is those natural wonders added from More Wonders for VP
    I never see them in my games before this update, but I can see them on every map after this update.

Attached Files:

4. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

Maybe this should go to the 3/4 UC page, but anyway I'm playing as Rome and have Poppy as my main resource nearby. Latifundum (4UC)can't improve Poppy, is this intended?

5. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Are you using the latest version of VP?

No, but I think that should be fixed on 4UC side.

Heinz_Guderian likes this.
  6. Whitehorns

Whitehorns Chieftain

I was playing the 12-1-3 version of VP... and, after disabling the More Wonders mod, everything run fine,
    I believe I have a outdated version of that mod, I will update it and test again.

Thanks for your reply, and I am sorry for not posting after enough testing.

------
    Downloaded and rebuilt said mod, upon replacing the More Wonders mod with a updated version, my maps are fixed

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    adan_eslavo likes this.
  7. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Ah, More Wonders, I see. It's in the original comment too, should have seen that,

Yea, that conflicts for now if you don't disable Natural Wonders. Its next version should be fine, when it is released.

adan_eslavo likes this.
  8. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Try github version of More Wonders. It contains new AssignStartingPlots file. Should be ok.

9. Whitehorns

Whitehorns Chieftain

Thanks, I am playing with maps generated with pre v0.10 rev.6 and the Even More Resources mod, with VP file replacements you provided in your thread.
    As stated before, the resources of the maps were fixed, and I have the wonders, just no additional natural wonders, maybe one just cannot have everything good?
    I am ok with that, so thanks for both of you two's mods.

10. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Just saw this. It was just to differentiate maize, rice, and wheat.

For 43 civ players, try this new AssignStartingPlots. Previous one didn't work with bonus resources.

Make a backup, then replace into the (6c) 43 Civ CP folder.

Should also make Communitu_79 included in VP work.

Attached Files:

11. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

12. Hinin

Hinin King

So I've done some tests to see what are the resources whose icons don't appear in strategic view. Here is the list I have for now :
    • Potato
    • Tin
    • Sulfur
    • Titanium
    • Rubber
    • Rice
    • Poppy
    While using IGE, I saw that the icons appeared in strategic view while editor was open, but not outside of it.
    Also, neither icon problem in normal view nor improvement problem (I did some tests with workers).

13. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

The game seems to have a hard limit on the number of resources that can have an icon in strategic view, can't get around it.

14. SolutionIt

SolutionIt Chieftain

Why not just generalize all the bonus granary related resources and then have the game randomize the yields of the one resource to imitate all the varied resources? Could maybe group it a little less broadly unless there is a solution to the hard limit that lets us bypass it.

15. adan_eslavo

I met similar problem with Natural Wonders. No matter I would do, it cuts lasts few icons from this view. Beside that they work fine. Are you able to change these limits?

16. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Not sure what I can do to get around it. Graphics stuff is not handled in the DLL we edit, so nothing from that side either, as far as I can tell.

17. adan_eslavo

Huh, I thougth all stuff is defined inside the dll. Fair enough. At least now I know it is a thing I cannot handle by myself. I tried to fix this bug for a long time...

18. adan_eslavo

What about latest VP 4-14 AssignStartingPlots.lua file? Do you plan compatibility update for it?