• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Exclamations of confusion

Which of these do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandrasekhar

Determined
It's a minor linguistic issue, but it's always bugged me. You know when someone writes a phrase along the lines of "She said what!?", in which both an exclamation point and a question mark are used? Well, which one of them goes first?

I personally prefer to use "!?", just because it's more aesthetically pleasing, but maybe there's a set convention on this somewhere.

Interrobangs?! You want us to use interrobangs?! You are destroying our punctuation system!?

(Basically, ?! when it is a question, !? when it is an exclamation. See above sentence.)

Interrobangs?! You want us to use interrobangs?! You are destroying our punctuation system!?

(Basically, ?! when it is a question, !? when it is an exclamation. See above sentence.)

There's no way you actually follow that convention on a regular basis!? {Naw, it doesn't seem natural to me.)

Well let's see about "she said what"

Without confusion you would say "she said what?"
So I believe the correct answer to express confusion is "she said what?!"

i prefere --> !!!???!

Depends if your worried and confused, or that your confusion is the cause of your excitement.

When I feel like being annoyingly exclamatory it is usually through using size 7 font with lots of both!!!!!?!?!?!??!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom