1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Experimental Graphical features

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by Toffer90, Oct 8, 2015.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

If DH can put up with this withOUT his eyes going astray:crazyeye:, then i guess its ok with me . .:p

One thing though, i want all the new stuff going in as if it was a standard BtS addition. meaning , if i take another mod and want a different grass, it better be in the same place as BtS.

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Not really sure what it is that your'e asking? Must I have all the terrain textures in "art\Terrain\Textures" instead of having some in "art\Terrain\Textures\Water" and some in "art\Terrain\Textures\Land"?
    Or are you talking about something xml related?

3. strategyonly

OK, If i want to add another person grass for instance in MY mod, and they have it in the NORMAL BtS area, i want it to all be the same,k same as all the stuff that goes into the core, it needs to be the EXACT same as if you were adding it to the standard BtS game, this way its 10X easier to try different items out in other peoples mod, rather than making other paths in the XML, then when you take it OUT it breaks everything . .anything that goes into the core is just that, CORE, it should be the exact same path XML at standard BtS. . . i hope that explains it, also if you added any other stuff before this that is NOT in the normal BtS area, please re-xml it, thx . . SO

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

@SO: OK. Should I also do it in the 3-4 cases where there are terrains that uses the same textures, it means I will have to make new copies (duplicates) of those textures so I can give them a new name for each of the terrains that uses them. This would be the exact opposite of what Sparth is doing at the moment. ^^ it would perhaps amount to 1 MB of wasted space.

Updated terrain pack to work with latest SVN
    • Removed Continetal shelf terrain.
    • Adjusted layering order of some terrains

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Yes basically SO is asking that the graphics be in a standard place and be pointed to by the same XML so that you can swap out/in terrains just by placing the graphics files in ie no changes in XML at all. It makes things much easier. It is what we have done with the long/short movies and would like to do with the static/animated leaderheads also.

6. strategyonly

yeah what he said / /

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Added all land terrains to SVN except for snow, hills and peaks.
    Do tell if I did something wrong with the xml.:)

8. strategyonly

DH do you like the "grass"? Looks like its back from the very 1st version of Civ IV, from 2005? But if this is what you like and your eyes can take it, then i will have to put up with it. .

9. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I'm not really too happy with grass terrain, could change it some more. Any pointers?

10. strategyonly

details are good, but the color just looks very very plain and ordinary . . but again, i have to resort to DH . . :rolleyes:

11. strategyonly

looked at it again, and the "bamboo" cant even be seen, sorry

12. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I know, planning on making bamboo more visible.
    I guess sometime after new year.

13. strategyonly

Sounds ok, also, is there any ways to get the Ocean/water to move faster, looks kind of still to me??

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Fully possible.

I slowed it down in the terrain pack compared to stock C2C.

15. Redwallzyl

Redwallzyl Chieftain

i have a question concerning c2c version 36 and your water additions. are they in the non svn version? are they working if they are in that version? and are they in their final configuration?

also you should really have the texture pack be working with the stable version as that is probably what most people are using.

16. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I can't really remember what of my terrain graphics that made it into v36 (not too much as I ripped out a large chunk of it right before release). What did make it was far from their final configuration, and any xml work that would be needed to play with the terrains would be missing.
    Sorry, I won't be doing that; lots of work involved. Most of the terrains I've changed have already gone into the SVN. The terrain pack was mostly meant as a showcase between us modders (and any SVN users) for us to figure out what we graphically wanted for v37 terrains. In the end this terrain pack may very well cease to exist before v37 of C2C is released.

The latest version of the SVN is, I dare say, more stable than v36 so I would recommend you to get it if you want to test out the changes I've made to water terrains in this terrain pack.
    You won't have to update the SVN for the terrain pack to stay compatible. I don't think I will break its comparability with C2C again.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

The terrains but not latest graphics were included in v36 so that the map makers could get a head start on updating their maps. Unfortunately there was a bit of confusion with which terrains were what. Hopefully we have learned our lesson and wont release stuff earlier unless we have a final understanding on the direction we want to go with it.

18. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Updated terrain pack
    -New Marsh terrain
    -Tweaked Grass terrain

Spoiler Here's a picture: :

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I think the mint green should be infused with some purplish tones to get the murk in there.

BTW, I like the terrains from what I've seen but it's really throwing me off that rocky is almost entirely gray while barren almost entirely dark ochre. I kinda miss the old coloration but I love the new texture on rocky. Some light tan and some ochre reddish tones infused into the gray scheme could liven up rocky a bit... it's not really supposed to be as 'dead' as barren imo.

20. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

@Toffer90.

Do your sea/ocean water terrains need a current .dll to work? If not what files would I need to copy (fpk, XML etc.). To get them to work with older versions of the .dll. I am not bothered by other .dll changes, I just want to be able to load your graphics and change/test things. I can then test with the latest .dll myself.

Same goes for the lake water changes, I believe DH did.