1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Expressing Your Opinion and Getting Digitally Lynched

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Patine, Jan 4, 2020.

1. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I didn't deny any of that.
    You should read some history. Women didn't have those rights until recently.
    The same for other minorities.
    I have agreed that things need to improve on all those fronts. We just have a different opinion on how to do that.
    Our end goals are too similar. Save you angst for those that don't have the same goal.

GenMarshall likes this.
  2. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Deity

You lack the will and desire to confront those that continue to drag society back to it's more regressive roots, that much is evident in your willingness to still vote for the GOP, even in minor races nor is it a difference of "opinion" it's a difference of material action.

I don't care WHY you'd ever vote for the GOP in any context, I care that you DO it and you cannot do that without harming minorities and women fullstop and even when it's pointed out to you, you chafe, you complain, you feel it's unfair and you pushback because you still believe that the actions you take can be divorced from the overall conversation. You talk the talk but your actions are not consistant with what you preach and that's fine, but don't expect me to not excoriate you for being willing to throw others under the bus when it's conveniant.

3. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant The Voice in Your Head Moderator

GenMarshall, Arwon and Birdjaguar like this.
  4. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant The Voice in Your Head Moderator

Moderator Action: After a suitable cooling off period, the thread has been reopened. Play nice.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  5. bernie14

bernie14 Filter Manipulator

Cuba :)

Truthy likes this.
  6. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Moderator Action: The thread has been reopened after some moderator housework.

Birdjaguar, GenMarshall and dusters like this.
  7. BCheek

BCheek Chieftain

You need to let go of your hatred. White cis males get to speak too and deserve respect like everyone else. I always have a problem with people making blanket statements about any group of people. It shows a complete lack of understanding and it's discriminatory. You seem to like to frame everything as an us vs them situation. Well, it's not. At least I hope so because there's a whole lot more of them than there is of us for starters. Secondly, "if you stare into the abyss, it stares back at you."

GenMarshall and dusters like this.
  8. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Disagree.

9. BCheek

BCheek Chieftain

For argument sake, even if there isn't, why discriminate like that?

10. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I'm not having that argument.

11. BCheek

BCheek Chieftain

*rolls eyes

w/e man.

12. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Deity

The reality is that minorities ARE and historically have been oppressed by a cis white male hegemony.

Society already respects them; their opinions are considered valid and even sought after, regardless of whether their views are appropriate or not.

I'll stop holding a grudge against that group when a sizeable number of them stop doing their damnest to make my life harder then it already is; be it through personal interaction or through political means.

13. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

If viewed as a block, yes. But in practice there is only a tiny minority of "cis white male" people who can be said to have any kind of privilege.

GenMarshall likes this.
  14. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I propose we digitally lynch the LIAR @Takhisis for broken promises. Where is your picture boo?

I can't speak for Europe but in the US being a cis white male has a ton of inherent privilege. You can see it in everyday life if you look for it.

Birdjaguar, Gorbles, Hygro and 2 others like this.
  15. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

I haven't lied, I just didn't state when and I only found one of the danged files yesterday. But since I found a story or two which I want to publish in the mix, I'd rather upload everything in one go. btw I'm not subscribing to this thread, there's too much reading to do and I'd rather play videogames.

16. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

That is certain given that in most euro countries "cis white male" are almost 50% of the population ^_^

Then again, in CFC civ white male should be at least 85%.

17. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I realise that the UK is perhaps more ethnically mixed than many other European nations, but are you really saying that there are so few non-Caucasians in most of Europe that "cis white male" is almost indistinguishable from all males of that country?