Fall 2017 Patch - Undocumented Changes

It's actually stronger than just the current LOS, you also get a (foggy) map update to everywhere they have explored that you have never seen. I recently became suzerain of a city state on a continent I had barely started exploring the edges of with a boat, and almost the entire continent suddenly appeared on my map.

I was quite surprised that such large areas of the map had been revealed when I was certain I hadn't explored those areas. Like the Australia region on the Earth TSL map. I must say I like this feature as I still feel it takes too long to reveal the map in this game, unrealistically so. Though you could argue it lessons the explore aspect of the game a bit.

Is this new?... if not I have never noticed before, subtle and one approves!
upload_2017-10-21_20-46-42.png

s this new?... if not I have never noticed before, subtle and one approves!

Hasn't that always been the case- it gives you cause for liberation casus belli.

Not sure if intended, but I noticed religious units can't do formations...anymore? Tbf, I'm not sure they could before but I kinda assumed they did, because of the Conquistador ability. Anyway, I wanted to join them with the Jongs for speed apostles, but alas... D: Small nerf for Indonesia!
Religious units were put on their own layer, like traders, so they no longer clogged up regular movement. That may be why you can't put them in formation.

Religious units were put on their own layer, like traders, so they no longer clogged up regular movement. That may be why you can't put them in formation.
Oh, I knew they got their own layer, I just didn't connect the dots that it would also disable formation with them. :crazyeye:

Maybe but I do not remember it, and I went through a lot of stuff about alliances, created a thread and no-one mentioned.
It's been like this before the patch. I remember, because I used to play Civ 4 and alliances worked differently there...

Anyone else finding Zanzibar is often right next to a capital?

Anyone else finding Zanzibar is often right next to a capital?

In my current game, the closest capital to Zanzibar is London, 10 tiles away. Maybe it's just randomly close in your games -- how close is "right next to" a capital for you?

my last 2 games on standard Pangaea, standard settings I have city states spawn 4 tiles away from my starting location, nabbing a tile in the capitals third ring, where there are vast empty lands on the map with nothing there. Also I have city states spawn closer to each other now, the minimum distance away. Perhaps a new bug?

In my current game, the closest capital to Zanzibar is London, 10 tiles away. Maybe it's just randomly close in your games -- how close is "right next to" a capital for you?

Lets see. About 6 spaces.

Could City States always take a civ's final city? because, in the game I am playing, Hattusa just eliminated England after taking Vicky's final city, Leeds.

Hey, this game is running smoother!

A City State was conquered, and when I get the city in a peace deal I was immediately prompted to Raze, Keep, or Liberate. Is this a new change? I don't recall getting to Liberate a City-State through peaceful means...

Hasn't that always been the case- it gives you cause for liberation casus belli.

Hah, I actually forgot that CB existed. Losing a city tends to be too late, but the AI does lose them. Stacking it on top of a potential liberation bonus is nice though.

But what happens if you occupy a city originally owned by your friend? Do they get mad at that?

Lets see. About 6 spaces.

Did you redownload the spawning distance file (the one from the prior patch)? There is an issue sometimes (randomly, not consistently) with spawning distance, maybe your Zanzibar issue is connected.

If you are already using the old spawning file, then that is weird....

I'm finding the Barbs to be quite hash. I'm playing Indonesia, on islands, had a real struggle with them spawning on my island. Spain was kept down to just it's Capital, which was heavily pillaged. Russia has two cities and appear to be struggling with those, he's had a protected settler sitting in the sea for ages as he's too scared to land it anywhere. I'm aiming for religion, but these Jongs are good, and would make for a nice DV.

Top Bottom