Fall 2017 Patch - Undocumented Changes

Could City States always take a civ's final city? because, in the game I am playing, Hattusa just eliminated England after taking Vicky's final city, Leeds.
Not sure about this, but various previous patches have changed whether a city state could take an original capital (sometimes it could, and the capital would be razed, sometimes not and the units would stand around the zero point city for ages).

I've seen 2 CS taken by other civs, neither were razed. They used to raze them quite frequently, I hope that's changed.
(was a stupid decision to begin with allowing that)

I hadn't played for a while before this patch so maybe my memory is wrong but has it always been so that you can't make open border deals with civs that have denounced you?

I hadn't played for a while before this patch so maybe my memory is wrong but has it always been so that you can't make open border deals with civs that have denounced you?
Yes, at least since the Summer patch.

I somehow suzed one from the far side of an island plates map, and it revealed half the planet for me.

I think it's kinda cool getting the info from CS units; but I'd hate to have that happen where a massive chunk of the map got revealed by them. As much as map trading made sense, I'm glad it was removed from the game, as it made it more interesting doing all the exploration.

Hey, this game is running smoother!

A City State was conquered, and when I get the city in a peace deal I was immediately prompted to Raze, Keep, or Liberate. Is this a new change? I don't recall getting to Liberate a City-State through peaceful means...

That's great! I'm really stoked with that change :)

Ghost Ships?
upload_2017-10-22_22-18-34.png

Russian Ghost ships!
upload_2017-10-22_22-20-8.png

So next turn they trurned out not to be ghosts... maybe they had a cloaking device?
upload_2017-10-22_22-23-20.png

EDIT:... aaah only happens if my sea dogs find them first

Last edited:
That be the the Flying Dutchman! :wow:

Can't verify this because I didn't have time to to test it but I'm not too happy about it:

Existing measures by players to increase starting distance from other civs have somehow been nullified. This includes playing maps with lesser default players and increasing start distance major values in the the Global Parameters XML and map initialization LUA files. I suspect it's an extra line of code in the LUA file that subtracts distance values based on no. of civs in relation to map size.

I've been spawning very close to other civs despite using modifications that have worked before and on a few occasions even spawned right beside their settler units.

A City State was conquered, and when I get the city in a peace deal I was immediately prompted to Raze, Keep, or Liberate. Is this a new change? I don't recall getting to Liberate a City-State through peaceful means...
good find, it was really annoying to have to go out and forcibly take a city an AI was willing to cede but I wanted to liberate or destroy

Ghost Ships?
seasonally spooky!

It seems like they finally fixed the Medieval Walls model being inside-out. The walkways no longer ring the outside of the wall.

Think they might eventually give us some proper renaissance castle walls? :rolleyes:

You gain unit LOS from city-states you are suzerain of

My buddy Grenada is sieging a different Scythian city to the one I am; but now I can see what they're up to... and man oh man - it's awesome to see and hear all their units go at once, kinda like a real time fight! Multiple crossbows are zinging, with melee units hitting the walls :D

For the the right side notifications, when there are multiple notifications under the same icon, e. g. multiple instances of a new resource or several declarations of war on the same civ, now there are two arrows to move forward and back between those notifications easily. Before, you basically had to right-click them away one by one to view them one after another.

It seems privateers/submarines are no longer invisible when inside enemy territory. :mad:

Condemn heretic action can be performed vs. inquisitors while at peace (at least with ironclads against an ally's inquisitor.) The result is that the military units of the inquisitor's civ become hostile to the condemning unit but not to your other units. (true Privateers!) Going to try this out with other unit combinations tonight. I know condemn wasn't working on plain missionaries while at peace/allied.

But there is still no option to raze a city of other civs from peace deal. AI found a lot of junk cities which block my road, how to deal with them?

I have some strage bugs in a mod I'm developing with units gaining heath when I'm not expecting it...

Are there new ways to heal units since the last patch? (The normal units, I mean, not the religious units)

Top Bottom