1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall from Heaven PbF campaign

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by zxcvbnm, Nov 19, 2007.

1. mipe

mipe Chieftain

Yeah.. I was only thinking that my disciple character worships Esus the god of stealth, and by praying to Esus might give me little time of invisibility to get away if someone catches me for doing something bad *coughStealing:sheep:AndSacrificingThemToGodscough*

Also, why I'm not in playerlists? :( and when does the game start? Before December?

2. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

I'll be a children of kylorin adept with entropy, force and fire magic
    and I would like the 4th armageddon initiation campaign

My stats would be:
    low strength
    low agility
    below average constitution
    low wisdom
    high Intelligence
    high charisma
    very high mana

Backstory:
    He grew up in a very wealthy family so he is very well educated but does not know the many things in life that less wealthy people know about the world. He rarely feels the need to do any sort of physical labor and prefers to defeat his enemies with his own spells instead of summoning other creatures or helping others in his party.He usually does not get along with other people and prefers to keep to himself.

3. mipe

mipe Chieftain

I would like that 4th one as well. btw, i must tell it now that my original language is not english so i may not always write everything correctly..

Also, do we play only one of those scenarios? Or do we continue after that with all the stuffs and that what we got from earlier scenario?

Should I write my backstory here? or just to keep it in my own head? I have some things that I would like to keep secret..

Also, because this is kind of D&D, Can we get something where to put all stats (we can choose them ourselfs, right?)

4. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

5. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm The Nobody

Yes, if you have secrets: PM me and Nikis about them. Other backstory stuff: post here in your PC stats post

I'm finnish too so even I don't write all correct, no pressure, this is the Internet after all... (and mipe, if you really don't know what's some word in english, you can say it in finnish, i can translate)

I thought that we play all of them if this keeps running. Chronological order might be nice. You could meet your End of Winter PCs's grandchildren in the Armageddon.

Those stats: to keep it simple, you don't have numeric stats. Instead your attributes (strength, agility etc.) vary in range of low to very high:

v. high
    high
    above average
    average
    below average
    low

Your attributes are:
    Strength-same as in D&D, how strong you are, carry more, do more damage in combat, can do hard work easier
    Agility-same as in D&D, how agile you are, land and evade blows better, can squeeze through small holes and climb better etc.
    Constitution-same as in D&D, how tough you are, you take less damage and are fatigued less
    Intelligence- NOT same as in D&D, how smart you are, helps solve problems, mechanical devices, also helps in magic but not as much as in D&D
    Wisdom- roughly same as D&D wisdom, helps disciples
    Charisma-same as in D&D, how good in persuading people etc.
    Mana-new, the ability to channel the ethereal forces, essential to adepts and useful to disciples

When you create a PC you can trade attributes in steps. All start in average but you can lower or raise them by one or two, but the mean value must be average or lower. If you choose to have lower stats you can choose one extra affinity to one mana sphere or weapon type, or a special skill.
    All stats are compared to racial avg. race affects them afterwards so non-humans start also all stats average, but are tweaked after making the char.
    When you create your PC post the race, profession, religion (optional) and stats on this thread. All info will be moved to the approriate location.

mipe: you weren't on the list because I haven't upgraded it yet. You are there now. Esus is the god of tricks and shadow, be prepared to use those powers...
    Kjaaly:It's true. Amurites do it and are just neutral. Necromancy prevents you from being supergood, but it doesn't mean automatic evil. If you manage to summon and keep one (law, mind and force help in controlling stuff) you might have just anything as a familiar. Anything...

Please no more Kyorlin's children adepts, enough of them already, you may keep the ones you booked but no new ones, please

When all report their char stats, we manage to choose a scenario and Nikis comes up with a story this starts. As soon as possible

I hope this answered all current questions

6. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

We can mix Amurite Adept and Reclaiming Erebus after the age of ice. (would be my first choice)

edit, sorry hadn't read the entire therad

7. Bad Player

Bad Player Chieftain

I'd like the Lanun/pirates/OO scenario the most but I'm easy, whatever.

Can you help me with a character plz? I'm thinking some kind of rogue like character.

8. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

A Disciple of the Hand, one of the few remnents of the worship of Mulcarn left.

Strength-Low
    Agility-Below average
    Constitution-below avergae
    Wisdom- average
    Charisma-Very high
    Mana-above average

Background: (really depends on the scenario)

9. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

I think so, but my concern is that if we mix alignments too much we will end early by coming to blows--unless you work out some important connections beforehand (like family/tribe or guild or religion).
    Connections to other players are very recommended anyway.

10. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

My character:

Name: Mryddyn
    Race: Ljosalfar
    Proffession: Disciple (im assuming Disciples can cast magic like in FfH. i want this character to be Druid based.)
    Deity: Cernunnos
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Magic Spheres: (If Disciples can also cast magic) Nature, Life, Sun

Stats:
    low strength
    High agility
    below average constitution
    Very High wisdom
    average Intelligence
    high charisma
    above average mana

Background needs some thinking :p

11. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

Can I be a disciple following the Cult of the Dragon? There was this female priest character I played in another online tongue-in-cheek D&D game. I got killed though just before levelling up :cry: and didn't feel like restarting from scratch. The background was Chinese/Zhongguostani with the mission to find a dragon. However this could be easily adapted to FfH to be a Kuriotate worshipping the Cult of the Dragon.
    Here's how she looked:

I also had a pet pig:

:love:

12. mipe

mipe Chieftain

Name: Mipe
    Race: Children of Kylorin
    Class: Disciple of Esus
    Alignment: some sort of neutral-evil
    Magic: Shadow (btw, if disciples can choose 3 magics too, wouldn't choosing only 1 make that one more powerful?)

Strength-low
    Agility-average
    Constitution-below average
    Intelligence- high
    Wisdom-high
    Charisma-very high
    Mana-below average

I will get the background in a later post.

13. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

Thursday will be a good day to start, I think. It's a holiday here in the States.
    This is how I was thinking of starting, which could lead into any of the later scenarios outlined earlier:
    Spoiler :
    It has been nearly 50 years since the death of Mulcarn. Few people ever learned the details of his fall, but the change in the world was undeniable. Nations came out from the hovels and caves that they had been hiding in to again spread the dominion of man upon the earth as it slowly thawed.
    The first generation born after the thaw has come into power, and the second has come of age. The Age of Ice is not even a memory to most of the population at this point. Old gods have been rediscovered, leading to new conflicts.
    Such as the war just ended between the Lanun Confederation and the Bannor Empire. The Bannor declared war to purge their neighbor to the west of a new and frightening cult. Two small border cities were lost to the Bannor in the Adrian Fields area near Torrolerial, as well as Paradera, a bustling port town on the Isthmus of the Lost. Peace was soon sought by the Bannor, claiming their objective was accomplished, though the suddenness of the offer suggested some internal strife.
    Meanwhile in the city of Paradera is still occupied by the Bannor and has been since just before the war ended a month ago. The Order Inquisitor and his entourage have arrived, and are beginning to investigate the remnants of the cult of the Octopus Overlords. Perhaps this was the only heresy… but a city the size of Paradera can hold many secrets.

The P.C.’s should have some reason to be in this town. Many travelers pass through here, bound for all parts of the known world. The city itself had a cosmopolitan population to begin with, and some Bannor nobles have begun moving in to oversee the city directly.

14. Kjaaly

Kjaaly Chieftain

Name: Tsanal.
    Race: Children of Kyorlin
    Class: Adept
    Alignment: In standart D&D terms, Chaotic Good.
    Magic Spheres: Mind, Enchantment, Death, Dimensional.

Strenght: Below Average.
    Agility: Low.
    Constitution: Below Average.
    Intelligence: Very High.
    Wisdom: Below Average.
    Charisma: Below Average.
    Mana: High.

Description: Tsanal is a tall Amurite, with shoulder-lenght dark brown hair and green eyes.
    He's very curious about most things, and thinks that all knowledge is good, no matter if it's about healing, the past, or raising the dead.

Background: Tsanal has always been frail and clumsy, so as an Amurite, becoming a wizard was a natural choice. Fascinated by the more complex arts such as Death and the Mind, he journeyed to Paradera to find others of his kind who could teach him. Some time after arriving, he decided that there weren't much to learn there, so he found some adventurers he could join, and that way learn more about the arcane arts.

15. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm The Nobody

PCs

Kjaaly:
    Name: Tsanal.
    Alignment: In standart D&D terms, Chaotic Good.
    Magic Spheres: Mind, Enchantment, Death.

Strenght: Below Average.
    Agility: Low.
    Constitution: Average.
    Intelligence: Very high.
    Wisdom: Below average.
    Charisma: Below average.
    Mana: High.

Description: Tsanal is a tall Amurite, with shoulder-lenght dark brown hair and green eyes.
    He's very curious about most things, and thinks that all knowledge is good, no matter if it's about healing, the past, or raising the dead.

mipe:
    Name: Mipe
    Race: Children of Kylorin
    Class: Disciple of Esus
    Alignment: some sort of neutral-evil
    Magic: *Esus*

Strength: low
    Agility: average
    Constitution: below average
    Intelligence: high
    Wisdom: high
    Charisma: very high
    Mana: below average

Mipe's parents were different from most of families. His father was a priest of Octopus Overlords and everyone told him all secrets. Then he telled them to Mipe's mother, a thief. Mipe's family got lots of money, but he didnt want that. He only wanted to be a priest like his father.
    At age of 6, Mipe's parents started to teach everything about their careers, and he soon became able to steal (well, actually talk them to give stuff) from neighbours and then sacrificed them to Esus. That went on for 7 years, then his father found out that mipe wasn't sacrificing all those things for the Overlords and he went and and took mipe to city of Paradera (his family lived several miles away from the town) and left him there.

Psychic_Llamas:
    Name: Mryddyn
    Race: Ljosalfar
    Proffession: Disciple
    Deity: Cernunnos
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Magic Spheres: *Cernunnos*

Stats:
    strength: low
    agility: Average
    constitution: Low
    wisdom: Very High
    Intelligence: average
    charisma: high
    mana: average
    -nature affinity-

Mryddin is tall for his race, with jet black hair and eyes the colour of new leaves in the sunlight. His manner is confusing, initially comming across as detatched and solemn, but when he warms to someone his demeanor becomes vibrant and almost jovial, and his good nature seems to rub off on those around him.

Mryddin is not an old elf, being born just days before the death of Mulcarn and the end of the age of ice. he does not remember much of those days, but he does have a severe distaste for cold and winter, knowing that such a side of nature wrought havok over Erebus, and resulted in the death of his older sister Ganell, and his father, who died from frostbite after his home and the remnant forest that it was nestled in was demolished in a fierce ice storm. Miraculously he and his mother survived, and from that dayforward, his mother vowed to put a stop this endless winter. She turned all her efforts to following the ways of Cernunnos and prayed that life and nature would be brought back to Erebus before her son had to witness the horrors of it. Cince that day, Mryddin has been brought up in a house totally devoted to Cernunnos, and his goal in this life is to drag the world from the clutchs of Mulcarn and his followers. He thus has a sever dislike of anyone who is involved with such madness.

thomas.berubeg:
    Name:
    Proffession: Disciple
    Deity: Mulcarn
    Alignment:
    Magic Spheres: *Mulcarn*

Strength-Low
    Agility-Below average
    Constitution-below average
    Wisdom- average
    Charisma-Very high
    Mana-above average
    -cold resistance-

kenken244:
    Name:
    Alignment:
    Magic Spheres: Entropy, Force, Fire

agility: low
    constitution: below average
    wisdom: low
    Intelligence: high
    mana: very high

Backstory:
    He grew up in a very wealthy family so he is very well educated but does not know the many things in life that less wealthy people know about the world. He rarely feels the need to do any sort of physical labor and prefers to defeat his enemies with his own spells instead of summoning other creatures of helping others in his party.He usually does not get along with other people and prefers to keep to himself.

Maniac:
    Name: Munak
    Race: Human / Kuriotate
    Class: Disciple
    Alignment: Neutral Good.
    Deity: Cult of the Dragon

Strenght: Low
    Agility: Above Average
    Constitution: Low
    Intelligence: Average
    Wisdom: High
    Charisma: Average
    Mana: Average
    -Animal mastery-

Bad Player:
    Name:
    Proffession: Rogue
    Deity:
    Alignment:

strength:
    agility:
    constitution:
    wisdom:
    Intelligence:
    charisma:
    mana:

Story:
    The players were in the city when the Bannor officially occupied it, all being travelers on their own before that. To avoid the cult of the Overlords to escape nobody has been allowed to leave the city for a month. The players have been staying in the same inn and got to know each other quite well during the quarantine.
    Will this be ok?

16. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm The Nobody

@Maniac: the sign-ups are closed, but I think we can make an exception, if you report before thursday

17. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

I knew I should have replied when this thread had yet little posts. :blush:
    Thanks for still letting me in :)
    More later, but here's some basic info:

Name: Munak (apparently the name of the character I got my pic from - might as well use it)
    Race: Human / Kuriotate
    Class: Disciple
    Alignment: Neutral Good.
    Deity: the Pink Dragon (fits with my clothes). Or the Golden Dragon if you prefer. It's not like anyone has actually seen a dragon at this point. ;)

Strenght: Low
    Agility: Above Average
    Constitution: Low
    Intelligence: Average
    Wisdom: High
    Charisma: Average
    Mana: Average

That still leaves me one stat. If it's ok, I'd like to think some about how to use that. Oh wait, could I be able to get along with animals very well or something?

Do we need to pick equipment and stuff like that??

18. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

Hmmm, despite my initial misgivings, this looks like fun (and really a lot like early NES), shame I was too late to hop on this. But, at the same time, I know I would probably not have had time to play properly, and then I would have felt guilty about being half hearted or slowing the game down. So maybe it was for the best:D

But put me on the top of the list for filling in people who are missing or providing an event or similar.

19. Verdian

Verdian Chieftain

Hello,

I am a bit of a lurker on this forum. But this looks like fun, so I am crawling out from under my rock. Please add me to the list in case there is an opening.

Thanks.

20. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

Altered Stats:
    agility: Average
    constitution: Low
    wisdom: Very High
    Intelligence: average
    mana: average

Some Background:

Mryddin is tall for his race, with jet black hair and eyes the colour of new leaves in the sunlight. His manner is confusing, initially comming across as detatched and solemn, but when he warms to someone his demeanor becomes vibrant and almost jovial, and his good nature seems to rub off on those around him.

Mryddin is not an old elf, being born just days before the death of Mulcarn and the end of the age of ice. he does not remember much of those days, but he does have a severe distaste for cold and winter, knowing that such a side of nature wrought havok over Erebus, and resulted in the death of his older sister Ganell, and his father, who died from frostbite after his home and the remnant forest that it was nestled in was demolished in a fierce ice storm. Miraculously he and his mother survived, and from that dayforward, his mother vowed to put a stop this endless winter. She turned all her efforts to following the ways of Cernunnos and prayed that life and nature would be brought back to Erebus before her son had to witness the horrors of it. Cince that day, Mryddin has been brought up in a house totally devoted to Cernunnos, and his goal in this life is to drag the world from the clutchs of Mulcarn and his followers. He thus has a sever dislike of anyone who is involved with such madness. (sorry thomas.berubeg, looks like our characters will have a few differences ;))

EDIT: welcome Verdian :D