Fall from Heaven PbF campaign

looks: 150cm tall, long red hair.
3rd generation after mulcarn's dead.

background (shortened and changed a bit to match this scenario):
Mipe's parents were different from most of families. His father was a priest
of Octopus Overlords and everyone told him all secrets. Then he telled them to Mipe's mother, a thief.
Mipe's family got lots of money, but he didnt want that. He only wanted to be
a priest like his father.
At age of 6, Mipe's parents started to teach everything about their careers, and he soon became able to steal (well, actually talk them to give stuff) from neighbours and then sacrificed them to Esus. That went on for 7 years, then his father found out that mipe wasn't sacrificing all those things for the Overlords and he went and and took mipe to city of Paradera (his family lived several miles away from the town) and left him there.

Few years later, Order Inquisitor and other Order people came to town and trying to find everyone that belongs to cult of Octopus Overlords...

offtopic: it's wierd that i planned from the start that my (I shall start speaking of my character as me from now on) father was a priest of Octopus Overlords and now it works for scenario :) You probably shouldnt add my background to that post because then it probably would be too long..
also, 511 views, I think there are lurkers here :scan:

//edit, wow i have first post in page 2 and 3..

//edit number 2: question, it starts on thursday (tomorrow, right?) does it matter when to post? because between america and where I live, I think there is 8 hours of difference..

That might be my fault, the charisma definition was written in hurry and isn't accurate enough
mipe: you are simply the first to post every day, except on thursday, when I will start the game. After that the players start playing and you might be among the first or last every round, depending on how many americans post after DM's "report"

page 2:
You don't get equipment yet, I share them at the beginning of the game
Munak starts with animal mastery as the extra affinity

Back-ups: you play PCs whose usuals are inactive. You may also get to play as NPCs as the game progresses, but please inform beforehand if able to play them or not, so we won't get troubles from that

Posts #1, #33 and #35 will be copied to the new thread where the game will be played

In many games I have played, Charisma was defined to be "Presence."

That means you can have the classical definition: "James Bond!" (The girls want to be with you, the men want to be you).

But it can also mean: "Sauron," You walk into a room, as quiet as can be, but there is instantly such an omminous feeling that the room quickly empties out as everyone suddenly has somewhere better to be.

That's true. Charisma is both here but even low charisma PCs can intimidate others to do what they want, they simply need to be more frightening to succeed.

I thought of it as not liking to interact with other people but is very able to convince people to do what he wants on the rare occasion he does say something.

Yes, somewhat like you say, nobody says that charismatic chars must be very sociable. Sometimes silence says much more than words and bears more autorhity.

When we start playing we use this thread

Munak was born in a simple farming village, in what would later become Kuriotate territory (but I assume right now there isn't yet much of a Kuriotate civilizations or cities to speak of?). Her father was the local priest, as much as you could call that someone in a small village. The object of worship in those parts was the Dragon, a mythical beast from ages past about which many fantastical tales existed, and which was believed to give strength and protect to those who paid respects to it. In these early days of the Age of Rebirth it wasn't an organized religion at all though, but still in the stage of folkbeliefs, and thus didn't have some strict doctrine or detailed rituals.
Her father wanted his only daughter Munak to follow into his footsteps and become the next priest, believing this would be the best guarantee for a safe future for her. Instead of paying strong attention to her father's lessons, Munak has always been more interested though in playing with the neighbour's kittens and other animals, leaving some gaps in her knowledge about her father's religion. She assumes this is why many of the prayers she directs at the Dragon God don't seem to have any effect. :confused: Her sometimes lacking knowledge about Dragon folklore doesn't mean she doesn't like dragons though - surely they must be the most friendly animals in existence!
Desperated at the fact that Munak didn't seem ready yet to become a true priest despite soon becoming 21, her father has suggested her to go visit her uncle at the city of Paradera, where her uncle went to seek his fortune, and found it. This uncle also believes in the Dragon lore, and has many friends there in the city who also do, thus her father thought this may be the ideal place to finish her education away from the distractions of the countryside's animals. This was not counting on the Bannor however, who just happened to decide to invade Paramera while Munak was there. Now she's stuck in the city. :(

Oh yeah, Munak has a pet pig named Gung Fu which accompanies her everywhere, and who she believes is her lucky charm. Reason for the pig is because she was born in the Year of the Pig herself (the area where she came from assigned animal names to years). Also pigs are pink, which happens to be Munak's favourite colour, and fortunately (together with darker purple and the Kuriotate civ colour) a colour dragon cultists like to dress in.

*Ahem*. My background already been made, please include it ;) . It's in my earlier post 'bout my char.

thomas.berubeg:
Name: Thomas
Race: Illian
Proffession: Disciple
Deity: Mulcarn
Alignment:
Magic Spheres: *Mulcarn*

Strength-Low
Agility-Below average
Constitution-below average
Wisdom- average
Charisma-Very high
Mana-above average
-cold resistance-

It seems that some people have some sort of special abilities, so can I get sneak/hiding bonus?

edit// 0_0 didnt notice that there was above average.. thats why too many points spend, heres new stats:
Strength-low
Agility-average
Constitution-below average
Intelligence- above average
Wisdom-above average
Charisma- high
Mana-below average

i want a calabim vampire with death magic, who is skilled at fighting.
this is a suggestion i dont want to play since i know nothing about d and d

Wait, don't mind me

Name: Nindoro
Race: Human
Profession: Rogue
Deity: Agnostic
Alignment: Neutral-Evil

Strength: Low
Agility: Very high
Constitution: Average
Intelligence: High
Wisdom: Average
Charisma: High
Mana: High
-Charm person/ladeez-

Introduced as Nindoro though many call him Bane. Nindoro arrived in Paradera from Bannor lands with the occupation of Paradera. Making the most of the hustle and bustle of a port town, Nindoro has been able to remain discreet as he fleeces the sheep of the town. Sometimes a crazed look in his eyes reveals his troubled past and the many personal demons he is fleeing.

After work I will add more if I may... Also plz remember I am on Australian (ie opposite time) and may not have computer access on weekends...

Aww... I missed signing up for this :cry:

Oh well, hope there's a new one...eventually

If enough more people want to, someone else could run another thread at the same time. (might even be interesting to have some overlap.)
Oh and by the way, I'm assuming something like 1 year = 4 turns on normal speed, such that we are around turn 200, with a basic level of civilization common and most religions founded somewhere, but not widespread, and T3 calibur armies being researched but not seen on the battlefields much yet.

If you say so. Though IMO fifty years seems little to go from cavemen to a tier3 technology civilization. :confused:

Top Bottom