1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Vehem, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Niveras

Niveras Prince

Ah, I didn't realize you hadn't ported over the AI changes yet. I was wondering why, after switching to Hyborem, the AI who took over my old civ replaced a farm I built on some rice (that was within a city's fat cross no less) with a fort...

Puts me in a bit of a conundrum. The FF AI seems ridiculously stupid right now (most obviously I see this in their lack of improvements), but I much prefer the FF civs and its mechanics, like ranged attacks and barb factions. :-/

2. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

Is there a mirror, either Rapidshare or torrent ? If not, why not :p

3. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

rapidshare is unreliable.

The files are hosted on a server owned by Vehem which is more than capable of meeting any demand we've had thus far.

4. mortcalavin

mortcalavin Chieftain

vehem owns his own server?

5. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

6. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

Since when is rapidshare unreliable lol.

7. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

it all depends on whether or not you're a premium member.

8. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Rapidshare doesn't have any type of file validation, so ANYONE could pop a file on there claiming it to be one of our patches/installers, while it is actually a virus of some type. ModDB and other such sites which have file validation protocols force you to wait for that validation. But with your own server, you control who can get on there, so people know that if it comes from the right location, it must be official and thus is as reliable as anything we put out (which is to say, it ought not break more than itself, hopefully...)

9. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

So, assuming im on a slow connection, obviously 4-5 100mb rapidshare files would be superior to the one 500mb file you guys are hosting. Basicly, i would like to play this mod, but cant download it due to the files size. Besides, why would you need file validation. You upload a file at RS and the post the link. Because the link is posted om a post under your account, it IS validated already.

10. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

If you are on a slow connection isn't a download manager like FDM, FlashGet or GetRight a necessity?

It been years since I had to use a slow connection, but wouldn't a good download manager solve the problem better than rapidshare? I have to use a download manager to get away from the problems of rapidshare.

11. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

Of course a download manager would work, assuming the server would allow downloads to be continuned. Than again, a torrent would do the same thing, without the need for a server or a download manager at all. In conclusionthe times were files are hosted on self-owned server are long gone, and for a good reason in my opinion.
    Mods i want i can get through gameupates.org, public files i can through rapidshare, hotfile or megafiles, even with a free account i could download 3 parts, one on each hosting service.

12. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

I just tested and the server does allow downloads to be resumed.

A torrent would do the same thing. (It would still require a download manager and a server though.)

I don't see what gameupdates.org has to do with anything, but no-one is stopping you from using it.

Rapidshare and it's ilk are lousy. Wait time, maximum file sizes, CAPTCHAs, javascript... The only thing good about them is that you don't have to have your own server to use them.

In conclusion the times were files are hosted on self-owned server is the best option to provide stable access to downloads is still going strong. I can just about imagine a future where that isn't the case, but they have flying cars and controlled fusion as well.

13. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

Did you even bother to check gameupdates.org beforehand ? lol.

14. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

Yes, briefly.

It seems to be a place where people share patches and mods. As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with how easy it is to download something, it's just a central place to get at files. Like, oh I don't know, CivFanatics.

15. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

Basicly, Gameupdates.org is torrent-index site. Someone uploads a file using utorrent, does an entry on gu.org and everyone can log into that torrent. Like torrentz.com for mods and patches.

Anyways. I have read the stock FfH AI is rather stupid and everybody suggests picking up the Wild Mana modmod. How is the AI for FF ? Is wild mana suggested or does it even work ?

16. Trappisto

Trappisto Chieftain

Hi,

Please can someone advise me. I just downloaded version 051. Is that the mosty recent version?

Now i guess i need to patch it. Which is the most recent patch? is it C?

Thanks.
    -Trapp

17. Glaeder

Glaeder Glaeder Ethribine Wodism

Is there a patch that incudes all FF updates till now?

18. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Yes, it's called RifE (Rise from Erebus). :)

19. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

20. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

No! Bad Wodan! Correct answer is FF 051 patch C. :p