1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Further Plus

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, May 4, 2009.

1. Quetz

Quetz The Tallest Lilliputian

double post

2. Quetz

Quetz The Tallest Lilliputian

That makes sense I guess. I'm not sure if it's a big penalty though - agnosticism does pay off nicely in FFH with the lack of religion diplomacy modifiers. Aside from that, after my recent game, I have a small issue with FoL. I've never tried it before as a non-elven race, and man are ancient forests annoying for the wild Doviello. It takes FOREVER to chop, making it almost a bane in itself. Baron might be lucky in not being allowed to adopt it. I feel bad now for the AI civs that end up stuck with it.

What is Kindred Spirits (which I presume is the game name for Mesmerize Animal?) supposed to do exactly, btw? Thought it was for charming wild animals, but the button never lights up for me, even standing right on top of them. Do you have to be at war with them or something?

And lastly, any chance of an "animal trainer" type building to give packs some xp while they sit in town waiting for new animals to pop up?

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Personally, when I play them I don't build improvements so it's not a big deal to me. :lol:

Honestly, I haven't even tested it. It directs to the Mesmerize Animal python, so I did nothing but allow it for a promotion rather than unit... I'll have to look at it.

That could be interesting... I'll think about it.

4. Valkrionn

Ugh. How long does it take freaking Filefront to approve a file? :wallbash:

5. Valkrionn

WOOT! Filefront has finally approved the file. The download now links to it, so you can go get the installer now. :goodjob:

6. Valkrionn

Alright, I'll be putting out a patch shortly..... Fixes the art for some promotions, makes another unbuyable as it should be, and fixes the issue where the Baron can build himself. I'll also be bundling Mailbox's Legion of D'tesh with it, mostly because I want to play it myself so I've gotta merge it in regardless. :lol: Already asked his permission to do it. :goodjob:

7. Valkrionn

Patch A is out. Includes new animal units for the Doviello, quite a few bug fixes, and Mailbox's Legion of D'Tesh civilization. :goodjob:

8. Opera

Opera Deity

New civ? Interesting. I will try this, I don't like my actual game with the Malakim :goodjob:
    (btw, nice new avatar ;))

9. Valkrionn

haha, I had to change it. It's too awesome to not.

The Legion is interesting..... Haven't played through it completely yet, but it's basically the warmongers that most think of when they think undead. So the Anti-Scions haha.

10. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Is FFPlus compatible with wild mana?

I want to play with the legion of Dtesh, but wild mana also looks fun.

11. Valkrionn

Not currently, but it will be later today... Not home or I'd update it real quick. :lol:

12. Valkrionn

Attached an updated Wild Mana to the 5th post.

13. Valkrionn

Released a small patch, just includes Mailbox's newest version of the D'tesh. Already updated Wild Mana to go with it as well.

14. Valkrionn

New version of the Wild Mana mod on the fifth post. Absolutely requires FFPlus now, sorry. The 'Wild Mana' game option is in, and working, so the installer includes a dll.

15. Deamon

Deamon Chieftain

cool mod.. :)

Seems to have broken my hawks though.. Get a CTD every time I try to recon since I installed this mod. I've got a memory dump and a savefile to upload if you want me to.

16. shrike2005

shrike2005 Chieftain

I get the same bug. I posted details and a save in the wild mana thread

17. BenjaminEmbarec

BenjaminEmbarec Warlord

That used to be a base FF problem that I think they fixed in the last patch. Maybe one of the changes undid the fix accidentally?

BTW the "Launch now" tries to load FallFurtherpluss folder, which does exist... I checked, it all installs to Malakim+. Don't think it affected anything though, launching now.

18. Valkrionn

Checking on the hawks now...

And since I used the same installer program for all the mods, you may have to manually redirect the installation path to FFPlus, which is what it should install to.

19. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

In Inno, select the top part that looks like "{EC405A32-6AAC-49C6-9D28-DE41E3D1852F}" (not the extra { at the front though), then use Tools>Generate GUID. It automatically tries to install the "same program" in the same place it did last time - you have to change that GUID so that it knows it's a different program...

20. BenjaminEmbarec

BenjaminEmbarec Warlord

Well so long as it doesn't harm anything I don't see why it matters other then as a aesthetic thing. :p I think I'm leaving it as is, I like the name "Malakim+" better anyways... I have like four "Fall further/fall flat" folders in there. :p

Which reminds me... If anyone says that the Doviello are underpowered NOW? They arn't playing them right. City states, massive amounts of 1 pop cities, and try to make sure you get the Guild of Hammers first so that you can put an engineer in each base... The wolves ALONE build up fast enough to do some DAMAGE to anyone dumb enough to attack... [I took out orthus with my first one by sacrificing a beastman first... It later went on to maxing out] then have maybe ONE city that you let grow past level one, your capital, to build the dens in. Since the dens are nation-wide spawning... It doesn't matter where they are built I've found, although you'll end up having one place with ALL the promos instead of spreading them out, but that works just fine with me. Then once they are all built, and you get some of the good nation-wide wonders, drop your pop back to 1 there too and just mass spam wealth or warriors ect, and ride the litteral WAVE of animals to victory. Then again, I'm using FoL and their unique council, so that might be the reason. :p Didn't get the FoL holy city, but I don't think I really needed it... did capture it in battle later though from the Svarts.