Fall Further Plus

Remove the Doviello bonus yields, and add a new improvement, available to everyone, on tundra. Possibly ice. Thinking no more than 1:food: 2:hammers:... something minor, but buildable under forests like camps. Using the temple art from the newest Fantasy Pack.

How about instead of removing the Doviello bonus yields on tundra they get an extra :health: penalty in desert and jungle. Removing the bonus in tundra really steals some of their flavor and unique (well, Illian too) ability to survive in harsh, cold climes. Either that or they should get a bonus from the camps or possibly build them faster.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to code, but a really neat mechanic would be to add a 'Nomadic' civ trait that gives a large bonus to camps, but causes camped resources in one's cultural borders to randomly move to another nearby tile (sans camp). Perhaps this effect could be tied to a unique camp/stable replacement, with regular camps and stables also available with no bonus yield or chance to migrate? I can imagine a very flavorful early game in which a Doviello player scouts for an animal-rich starting area, camps there until the herds migrate, then sends its next settler to where they migrated. Late game, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of random tile swaps in your large empire, you can build regular stables and camps instead.

If you wanted to get really fancy you could increase the chance of animal resources spawning in clusters, give migrating animal resources a chance to move other nearby animals in the same direction, and/or make migration not completely random; maybe animals run toward sources of water/better terrain?

Another Nomad-type ability that would be interesting for the Doviello is an option (1 hammer ritual maybe?) to disband a town, netting a settler and possibly a worker and/or some military units based on city size. It would be good to block this in the capital if possible to avoid players (or stupid AIs ; ) accidentally killing themselves by disbanding their only city. If that rule could somehow be circumvented to give an x turn grace period as long as the settler stays alive, that would be perfect, but that seems like it may be tough to implement.

That... would... ROCK!

Only problem is I'm a builder type... so all my buildings would be lost. :( Still, I THINK someone's allready trying to make that bassica idea, but I think it "died." Which was a shame... I think they even had floating cities. Which I'd love.

I could *probably* code nomadic resources/improvements, but I don't think it's a feature I would use, so it probably wouldn't happen.... Not a fan of a good city, suddenly starving down to nothing because it's resources migrated. :lol:

The second idea is a definite possibility....... Maybe a unique spell, allowing doviello units to disband a town/village improvement, and receive a settler? Lets them disband towns while conquering, and sprawl out with a bunch of small, low pop cities..........

Mmmm Pwnage here we come. ;3

Yaranga!

If you do this "disband city" thing, you may want to base its cost (or duration before casting) on the population of the targeted city. A city with 1 pop will be quicker to disband itself than a 10-pop city ;)

That's actually pretty much perfect. :goodjob:

If you do this "disband city" thing, you may want to base its cost (or duration before casting) on the population of the targeted city. A city with 1 pop will be quicker to disband itself than a 10-pop city ;)

If I do it, it'll be improvement based rather than city based.

Took the time to write a Credits list for the second post..... If I've missed anyone, please let me know and I'll fix it. I've stolen/borrowed from quite a few of you. :lol:

Also, working on something fairly major right now. Next version is likely going to take awhile.... And need some balancing to get it right. And that's all I'll say about it. ;)

Personally I would see the disbanding town mechanic fitting other civs as well if not better than the Doviello. I think they're plenty fun and flavorful now. :goodjob: Of course, the mechanic could be adapted to more than one civ, but that's no fun! First civ that comes to mind is the Chislev. In fact that gives me a couple of ideas for them..

I like the idea of migrating herds, and I actually brought up a similar idea regarding metal veins drying up, but as far wanderer pointed out in that thread it would cause the city using the material to starve/lose massive amounts of commerce or production. If ideas could be generated to circumvent this, then by all means. But I think having to chase herds, while flavorful, would be way too much added micromanagement. And then, of course, there is the AI to worry about.
Not to deflate anyone's ideas, but if someone can brainstorm some other potential outcomes then maybe that would work out.

Personally I would see the disbanding town mechanic fitting other civs as well if not better than the Doviello. I think they're plenty fun and flavorful now. :goodjob: Of course, the mechanic could be adapted to more than one civ, but that's no fun! First civ that comes to mind is the Chislev. In fact that gives me a couple of ideas for them..

Actually, I agree. Already decided against it, much as I like the idea. Could be used for the Chislev though.....

I like the idea of migrating herds, and I actually brought up a similar idea regarding metal veins drying up, but as far wanderer pointed out in that thread it would cause the city using the material to starve/lose massive amounts of commerce or production. If ideas could be generated to circumvent this, then by all means. But I think having to chase herds, while flavorful, would be way too much added micromanagement. And then, of course, there is the AI to worry about.
Not to deflate anyone's ideas, but if someone can brainstorm some other potential outcomes then maybe that would work out.

Yeah, that's the main reason I don't like it.

Well if you ever decide to + another civ/mod I'll drop some more ideas your way if you open another thread. The migrating herds idea is great, especially for a flavor lacking civ like the Chislev (well, unique mechanic lacking anyway), but I don't want to clutter your thread with brainstorming here.
Doing a great job with everything though. I like that you added the Legion of D'tesh, gave us even more diversity in our games. :D Thanks!

Top Bottom