1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Further Plus

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, May 4, 2009.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Ahhhh... I knew there was something like that in there, just didn't know where :lol:. Stole your script from Fall Flat as it is. :p

2. Valkrionn

I tend to go with 6 medium-sized cities, and keep the rest small..... lets me have 6 cities producing units with the Kindred Spirits promotions, and hordes of animal packs to back them up. :goodjob:

3. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

The first time I installed Orbis, I accidentally overwrote my Fall Further install - simply because I'd copied the script directly and sent it to Ahwaric and he'd used the same GUID (so it installed to \Fall Further - the last place that program ID was installed). I made sure to change it myself before I posted it for Fall Flat though :D

4. BenjaminEmbarec

BenjaminEmbarec Warlord

What are these "soldiers" you speak of? I won the game without building more then one warrior [and later upgrading them] per city, pluss Lucian. Period. On diety.

True, I DID have ljosalfar allies that shared my religion and a common enemy to conquer early... But I ended up doing all the real conquest work. As ussual. :/

5. Valkrionn

Hehe yes, using the animals exclusively is a completely valid strategy. Which is the way I wanted it to be. :goodjob:

Very small update on the downloads..... They'll install to the proper directories without you having to change the path manually. Thanks to Vehem for pointing out what I did wrong. :goodjob:

6. far_wanderer

far_wanderer Prince

Just a minor issue, that I'm assuming was introduced with your small update an hour ago because no one else has mentioned it yet:

The install looks for "FF050" to copy files from, but the default folder name for Fall Further's install was "Fall Further 050". Easily dealt with by copying and renaming the Fall Further folder and trying the install again, but you still might want to fix it.

7. Valkrionn

Woops, yeah missed that. Uploaded a version that works. Also updated Wild Mana with a new dll.... Hawk bug fixed.

8. Valkrionn

After rereading Shatner's amazing Industry and Isolation: A Khazad Story, I couldn't help myself. I had to make an Auditor UU for the Khazad. :lol: All this module does is add the Auditor, which is an Axeman with Bounty Hunter.

Make sure Modular loading is ON if you want to use this. :lol:

9. BenjaminEmbarec

BenjaminEmbarec Warlord

Screw that noise, get your ass to making a Khazad+!!!
    :p

10. Valkrionn

haha Honestly, it's completely unnecessary. The Khazad are one of my favorite races as they are..... Only thing I'd change is maybe making Ingenuity a civtrait, but there's no real reason to do so.

11. Valkrionn

Next patch will contain an updated Wild Mana, with mana affecting terrain/features/units around it, and an Adventurer Spawning system for the Grigori...... I mention this, because I'd like to ask which buildings should affect it, what the spawn rate should be, etc.

Edit: So long as I'm messing with the DLL for the option, I think I'll merge in Greyfox's Better Pedia mod as well.

12. Guybrush!

Guybrush! Swa/Hyd/Ins/Cha/Cre

Is it just me, or is D'tesh overpowered? All you have to do is use superior production to win a couple of early wars for slaves, and get KotE to remove the unhappyness and unhealthyness and have an uber city free to do whatever you want. Improving your land is simple, graveyard spam does wonders, and workers turn everything into deserts for more hammers and commerce. And thats BEFORE you get death manna to buff up your units. :mischief: Early wars become even easier with the 3 stooges.

13. Valkrionn

Probably, but it's still an early release. It's thread is here, any balance ideas/suggestions/complaints would be best there... The author will be better able to keep track of it. :goodjob:

14. BenjaminEmbarec

BenjaminEmbarec Warlord

Yeah though they are one of those civs that's simultaneously over AND underpowered at the same time. :p

15. Valkrionn

Very dependent on start, yeah...... If you're near another civ, you're golden. If you're isolated, you're in trouble.

16. Opera

Opera Deity

I don't know if you looked at the files but it isn't really that hard to merge. Well, theoretically anyway. I tried with WinMerge and I've done the dll files quite easily. I gave up after however, in CvPediaMain.py I think, because it was annoying me and I didn't see the point of doing it anymore. Basically, I just wanted the What to build next? better popup to sort all those things you can build in late game. Anyway, it can't be bad to merge it ;)

17. Valkrionn

The DLL isn't the bad part actually. It's the python, screensinterface. :lol:

18. Valkrionn

Thought I'd post changes for the next patch.....

Confirmed:
    1. Finished Wild Mana, with Mana affecting terrains/units/features around them
    2. Grigori adventurer spawning system

Possible:
    1. Remove the Doviello bonus yields, and add a new improvement, available to everyone, on tundra. Possibly ice. Thinking no more than 1:food: 2:hammers:... something minor, but buildable under forests like camps. Using the temple art from the newest Fantasy Pack.
    2. Limit mana affects to the Wild Mana game option, and a new Magisterium civic? Seems like a fitting effect.
    3. Merge in Greyfox's better pedia mod
    4. Many small tweaks, some large ones. Surprises. :lol:
    5. Very good possibility that I'll be stealing ideas from various other modmodmods. :lol:

19. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

20. Valkrionn

Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to study the file to make sure I don't break anything. :lol: Since the same interface is used if FfH, maybe I can check how Cyther did it......