Fall Further Plus

In Inno, select the top part that looks like "{EC405A32-6AAC-49C6-9D28-DE41E3D1852F}" (not the extra { at the front though), then use Tools>Generate GUID. It automatically tries to install the "same program" in the same place it did last time - you have to change that GUID so that it knows it's a different program...

Ahhhh... I knew there was something like that in there, just didn't know where :lol:. Stole your script from Fall Flat as it is. :p

Well so long as it doesn't harm anything I don't see why it matters other then as a aesthetic thing. :p I think I'm leaving it as is, I like the name "Malakim+" better anyways... I have like four "Fall further/fall flat" folders in there. :p

Which reminds me... If anyone says that the Doviello are underpowered NOW? They arn't playing them right. City states, massive amounts of 1 pop cities, and try to make sure you get the Guild of Hammers first so that you can put an engineer in each base... The wolves ALONE build up fast enough to do some DAMAGE to anyone dumb enough to attack... [I took out orthus with my first one by sacrificing a beastman first... It later went on to maxing out] then have maybe ONE city that you let grow past level one, your capital, to build the dens in. Since the dens are nation-wide spawning... It doesn't matter where they are built I've found, although you'll end up having one place with ALL the promos instead of spreading them out, but that works just fine with me. Then once they are all built, and you get some of the good nation-wide wonders, drop your pop back to 1 there too and just mass spam wealth or warriors ect, and ride the litteral WAVE of animals to victory. Then again, I'm using FoL and their unique council, so that might be the reason. :p Didn't get the FoL holy city, but I don't think I really needed it... did capture it in battle later though from the Svarts.

I tend to go with 6 medium-sized cities, and keep the rest small..... lets me have 6 cities producing units with the Kindred Spirits promotions, and hordes of animal packs to back them up. :goodjob:

Ahhhh... I knew there was something like that in there, just didn't know where :lol:. Stole your script from Fall Flat as it is. :p

The first time I installed Orbis, I accidentally overwrote my Fall Further install - simply because I'd copied the script directly and sent it to Ahwaric and he'd used the same GUID (so it installed to \Fall Further - the last place that program ID was installed). I made sure to change it myself before I posted it for Fall Flat though :D

What are these "soldiers" you speak of? I won the game without building more then one warrior [and later upgrading them] per city, pluss Lucian. Period. On diety.

True, I DID have ljosalfar allies that shared my religion and a common enemy to conquer early... But I ended up doing all the real conquest work. As ussual. :/

Just a minor issue, that I'm assuming was introduced with your small update an hour ago because no one else has mentioned it yet:

The install looks for "FF050" to copy files from, but the default folder name for Fall Further's install was "Fall Further 050". Easily dealt with by copying and renaming the Fall Further folder and trying the install again, but you still might want to fix it.

Screw that noise, get your ass to making a Khazad+!!!
:p

Next patch will contain an updated Wild Mana, with mana affecting terrain/features/units around it, and an Adventurer Spawning system for the Grigori...... I mention this, because I'd like to ask which buildings should affect it, what the spawn rate should be, etc.

Edit: So long as I'm messing with the DLL for the option, I think I'll merge in Greyfox's Better Pedia mod as well.

Is it just me, or is D'tesh overpowered? All you have to do is use superior production to win a couple of early wars for slaves, and get KotE to remove the unhappyness and unhealthyness and have an uber city free to do whatever you want. Improving your land is simple, graveyard spam does wonders, and workers turn everything into deserts for more hammers and commerce. And thats BEFORE you get death manna to buff up your units. :mischief: Early wars become even easier with the 3 stooges.

Yeah though they are one of those civs that's simultaneously over AND underpowered at the same time. :p

Edit: So long as I'm messing with the DLL for the option, I think I'll merge in Greyfox's Better Pedia mod as well.
I don't know if you looked at the files but it isn't really that hard to merge. Well, theoretically anyway. I tried with WinMerge and I've done the dll files quite easily. I gave up after however, in CvPediaMain.py I think, because it was annoying me and I didn't see the point of doing it anymore. Basically, I just wanted the What to build next? better popup to sort all those things you can build in late game. Anyway, it can't be bad to merge it ;)

Thought I'd post changes for the next patch.....

Confirmed:
  1. Finished Wild Mana, with Mana affecting terrains/units/features around them
  2. Grigori adventurer spawning system

Possible:
  1. Remove the Doviello bonus yields, and add a new improvement, available to everyone, on tundra. Possibly ice. Thinking no more than 1:food: 2:hammers:... something minor, but buildable under forests like camps. Using the temple art from the newest Fantasy Pack.
  2. Limit mana affects to the Wild Mana game option, and a new Magisterium civic? Seems like a fitting effect.
  3. Merge in Greyfox's better pedia mod
  4. Many small tweaks, some large ones. Surprises. :lol:
  5. Very good possibility that I'll be stealing ideas from various other modmodmods. :lol:

Top Bottom