1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Thorgrimm, Dec 30, 2006.

1. The Lombard

The Lombard Warlord

Keep up the good work. It sure is figgerin' to be one fine mod-ee-fee-cayshun, yes siree.

2. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Most of the credit for this set of improvements should go to the team. I am just the monkey who put the stuff into the mod. :lol:

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

3. otacon_22

otacon_22 Chieftain

I just played a game as NCR and I must say this does great justice to Fallout. Can't wait for this mod to really shine as it gets better. One thing though, I found that the Northern Tribes can really dominate mid game because they build hordes of units and no one else has the capacity to curb their rapid growth. Anyone else had this happen before?

4. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

I am gald to hear you are enjoying the mod. :D

Yup, that can happen. It all depends on what the AI for the Vault Dwellers and The Enclave decides to do. I have seen games where the Enclave wipes them out, and then again I have seen games where the Northern Tribes wipe out the Vaulters. :D

As with the expansion of the BoS and New Reno it depends on the shaky AI in civ 3. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that. :sad:

5. McDookie

McDookie Chieftain

dunno if anyone brought this up but my download of fallout mod is pretty much uncorrupted and ive uninstalled and reinstalled both civ3 and the mod (several times just in case) and everytime i get to the BOS airship when ever i click to build it or click on it or when it does get built by manually changing the product it gives me an error saying the B.O.S. Airship.INI is missing.

agian dunno if its been bought up but this has happened on more then one of the run thrus as the brotherhood
    -dookie dookie

6. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

McDookie, have you DLed version 1.13? IIRC that was one of the bugs we squashed. If you have I will check out the unit entries again.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

7. McDookie

McDookie Chieftain

yea i checked it and it does seem to be version 1.13... dunno whats up with this and also its the link on teh website sooo dunno whats up with this.
    -dookie dookie

8. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Ok, thanks I will check this out and get back to you with a fix if needed. :)

9. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

McDookie, thanks for the heads up! :goodjob: In the link you will find the BOS Airship replacement. :)

BOS Airship Replacement

10. McDookie

McDookie Chieftain

thanks a load its working now :) mauaha time to dominate the skys ^^)

11. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Glad to hear its working for you. Be sure to let me know if ANY other bug pops up so I can squash it. :D

12. McDookie

McDookie Chieftain

well it isnt much of a bug more as a idea to better enhance the look of the mod...
    NCR doesnt start by the water... heh uhm gimme a sec ill find the map. its just the starting location for ncr, unity and the brother hood are just a tad bit off. which i noticed rather quicky.
    here the link http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_world check out the pictures. its just basically the starting locations for them are a bit funny. no real problem just to better the accuracy and look of the mod
    -dookie dookie

13. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

All of the civs except for the Bots are off in comparison to the RPG. And that has to do with playibility. If I put them in accurate positions they will be tripping all over themselves in only a few turns. Thats why I spread them out like I did. :)

14. Emerentius

Emerentius Warlord

Hi, just downloaded you mod and it looks (and plays) great but when I want to play the music I get a crash because of a missing sounds\build\misc\01hub.wav
    I have downloaded your music files as well but I do not have a sound\build folder at all. Where can I find it?
    Edit: I put the background audio inside the fallout folder and I do have audio also from the units but if I tick the play music box from the game settings I get the crash.

15. AncientOne

AncientOne Johnny Juwarra

Did you downloaded Music DL.. did you unzip it into right place.. For some reason Thor made the directory to unzip it as Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\sounds.. better check out where you have unzipped it, cuz i myself made that mistake, i for example didn't have Civ in Program files\Infogrames\Interactive but simply in folder named games

16. Emerentius

Emerentius Warlord

Hi, stupid me. No just the ambient.... Must say the music is a great enhancement to a already GOOD looking game. I opened the zip and pasted everything in D:\Games\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Fallout\Sounds and it works. :goodjob:

17. Emerentius

Emerentius Warlord

Hi, error report.
    Got a ctd. Missing entry in "scenarios\Fallout\text\Pedialcons.txt" WON_SPLASH_BLDG_U_Vehicle_Rehab_Facility

18. Lucek

Lucek Chieftain

Hi. You mixed my favorite games :)

I have same problem like McDookie and BOS Airship Replacement link are dead :(

19. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

That must have happened in the data loss CivFanatics experienced. Give me some time to get it back up now that I know about it. Thanks for the spot. :goodjob:

20. Lucek

Lucek Chieftain

I played BoS, Enclave and NCR. All have problems with buildings generating free units. Or you have strange humor sense :lol:

Scavanger market generate mutants with rocket launchers.
    Dog kennels - melee mutants.
    Naval academy - infantry.

And two buildings which (in civilopedia) generate highwaymen and hummer in fact generate eyebots and Pipboys :).