Favorite Online Games

Tank_Guy#3

Lion of Lehistan
Since I started a "Favorite Console Games" thread, I may as well start a "Favorite Online Games"thread.

So, what is it (are they)? I guess playing games via LAN or similar ways could count.

That said, I used to play Doom 2 and Unreal Tournament via LAN at my high school. It drove the Net Admin nuts, but we had a freakin' blast. I actually wasn't too bad. I also used to play Diablo online (Battle.net). All I can remember was the insane number of people hacking that game. Hacked items, immortality, all spells (maxed out level-wise), etc. I wasn't above the temptation though either.

Now I'm a Runescape player......erm Member.

The Battlefield Series rocks for online multiplayer.

Nope!

I used to play lots of LAN games back when there was NO internet (Red Alert, C&C, Duke nuke'em, stuff like that) but it was mostly 1vs1, sometimes 3 players together. You just cannot imagine how hard it was in the early nineties.

Lately, while I was posted overseas we managed to do some pretty good LAN parties with Medal of Honor : Allied Assault (MOHAA) with 10+ players every night. Those were a blast.

As for real online play, the only one I play regularly is Defcon.
So, any Defcon players around here ?

Battlefield 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Counterstrike: Source are my most well-played games.

I rather enjoy Call of Duty online as well.

Somebody recommended this the other day. What's cool about it?

Very fun but very shallow (the mechnics are simple and once you master them the game becomes rather boring). Great appeal for me the graphics and action combat.

I loved playing a mage. A puny weakling which can do massive damage, you really have to dance and be on your toes rather then simple point click combat.

TF2 and World of Warcraft.

I've been playing RuneScape for over 2 years, but I have taken a break now. I'll give that my vote.
CounterStrike: source, Battlefield (all versions) are also some good online games.

Armed Assault. There is no other game that can match ArmA in online gameplay.

Oh! I also forgot to mention Pirates of the Burning Sea. I tried the stress beta a while ago and got hooked!

Enemy Territory and Savage or both excellent free online games. Haven't played either in months, though. Enemy Territory is a classic squad based shooter and Savage is a FPS/RTS mix, where the some players take up roles as units, while somebody else gives troop movement commands/build orders.
It's a blast, but i find combat pretty difficult.

Played an awful lot of Company of Heroes this year. A little Call of Duty 2 as well.

Got the Orange Box on friday though so this weekend I played alot of Team Fortress 2 which I have to say is AWESOME!

Any EVE players here? I stopped player about 6 months ago after about 4 years straight

I play EVE! Well play it on and off. I'll usually play for a month or two before I cancel for about 9 months to a year before resubscribing again to repeat the cycle again. I'm looking forward to the graphic update coming in November or December and probably will resubscribe when it comes out.

Top Bottom