1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

February 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Some unmentioned changes

Spoiler :

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 2.38.16 AM.png

sonicmyst, Hawke9 and Datgingah like this.
  2. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2399439885) Here's one provided by @Kupe Navigator.

3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

I didn't see anything either. Wouldn't surprise me if it was hardcoded like they did with the Monopoly stuff, Hero abilities, etc.

4. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Two things I've already noticed !

1) I saw the AI Squat a camp for at least 5-6 rounds. Stopped me from being able to disperse or raid it. Found it an interesting strategy option !
    2) When it finally moved, on the same turn, a CS unit then proceeded to move onto it and dispersed it. Never even gave a single thought about THAT possibility before. So closeby CSes will impact the probability of a camp turning into a CS

I think this mode will end up having different strategy impacts than we expected

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  5. CromulentRomulan

CromulentRomulan Chieftain

Appears to be some doubt as to whether they actually acknowledged the bug in that stream, and I'm still unclear what fix @charrison has in the works for it. They stated that "the multiplier only gets compounded if you have multiple monopolies" which honestly runs contrary to the detective debugging work done by members of this forum that isolated what appears to be wrong with the tourism bug.

This mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2399439885 proposes a fix. Another workaround I've been using is to set resources to abundant - doing so lets you create corporations of resources without triggering the monopoly tourism modifier. For the most part that is, there are still several resources that only spawn three instances of and therefore cannot be industry or corporation candidates

6. kryat

kryat King

What has changed about that?

7. Laurana Kanan

:confused: Not sure what you mean. Looks the same to me.

8. konokoni

konokoni Chieftain

I didn't watch the live stream so I didn't know about these. Is "Craftsmanship" actually the "Craftsmen" card? (https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Craftsmen_(Civ6))

Assuming that's the card in question, that change is by far the most interesting of the three IMO, I think the bonus competes better with the military cards at the time over the economic ones. I'm neutral on the colonial card change; diplo slots are somewhat rare and the colonial cards are somewhat niche; either you have a lot of off-continent cities and benefit greatly, or you don't and it's not worth the opportunity cost against Machiavellianism, Raj, Wisselbanken, Merchant Confederation, etc. Also, at that point in the game (theoretically) your colonies are growing, they're not established enough to make the % bonuses really strong... obviously there are always exceptions (Dido, Kupe) but I think these cards need a tweak more than a color change.

9. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

The negative amenity is new.

10. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

Is it just me or are other people also annoyed by the fact that you CANNOT SAVE leader pools, natural wonders picks or city states picks?
    If one wants to use these features you have to go through all the lists in every single game you play.
    Isn't "saving pre-defined settings" usually a basic feature of ANY modern software product?

11. CromulentRomulan

No it isn't, that's the way the card was prior to this patch

you can save a configuration

CoconutTank, Pietato, Hawke9 and 5 others like this.
  12. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

I'm pretty sure it isn't.

CoconutTank and Pietato like this.
  13. Laurana Kanan

It is, I think they mistyped.
    It's been that way. Nothing has changed in the files in regards to that policy.

14. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

I know but then every setting is saved and you have to manually adjust all the other things.

15. Laurana Kanan

Hmm, Idk if it was intended, but it appears as though the three policy changes are for the GS ruleset only. The changes were made in the Expansion2_Policies.xml, which has the Expansion2 criteria.

konokoni likes this.
  16. CromulentRomulan

Personally City States are the only pool which I'd have an interest in having a preset for. It's mildly irritating that you can't have presets for wonders, leaders and city states but who knows it might be added before the dev on Civ 6 is over. There are other things about Civ 6 that vex me more deeply than this

17. Shadowstrike

Shadowstrike Warlord

I'm confused by this statement. The bug is that the tourism modifier for a monopoly is "5% * number of copies of that one resource controlled in the monopoly * number of other civs", which is then separately applied to every individual civ. The fix should be to simply reduce the tourism modifier for a monopoly to just "5% * number of copies of that one resource controlled in the monopoly" and then have that apply to only civs that don't control a copy of that resource.

Chocolate Pi and Myomoto like this.
  18. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

I am also seeking for a swift "Mod" type solution right now.
    These lists (even with plain old basic default stuff) are becoming huge (Terra Mirabilis expands the NW pool for example).

The selection HUD screen(s) could use dual columns at least to prevent the VERY annoying scroll effect. Besides there is plenty of room in that UI width principle to design such double conditions.

Too bad.. i won't be exploiting the Leaders Pool until we get to Save/Load our custom lists -- without their tragic limits as currently designed.

PS; Saving a "Configuration" isn't a proper solution, IMO. It's temporary & implies that we're expected to maintain multiple alternate versions of MANY more settings along and within those special files.

PS2; Just a rapid sample mockup to demonstrate how dual columns (of NW list) could fit in the default HUD.

NW_Pages-DUO_Sample.png

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  19. Isengardtom

Isengardtom Warlord

Yeah, and I think Earth Goddess was already too strong pre Preserve

20. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

Monarchy literally became a no brainer choice for Georgia then. It gives Georgia everything she wants: faster envoys, 2 wildcards, more housing and favor from walls.

OzzyKP, Datgingah and Kmart_Elvis like this.