[FfH II Art Team Blog]

tht is xienwolfs enhanced mod. where the age (in turns modified by speed setting) is noted. pretty cool, but without any game relevance i think.

I object! :p I'm too boring to add anything with no relevance. The Age parameter is a new Pre-Req possible for Promotions. Some of them you have to be old enough (need experience), others you have to get before you are too old (can't teach an old dog new tricks). And since you can lose promotions for failing to meet pre-reqs, some of them you lose at a certain age.

Anyway, relevant to the thread: I am looking for a way to modify the flag of each Civilization as well. So far no luck yet, but hopefully I can figure out a way that you can make it not even be a flag. Displaying the leaderhead instead is easily achieved, but that might look quite odd.

Anyway, relevant to the thread: I am looking for a way to modify the flag of each Civilization as well. So far no luck yet, but hopefully I can figure out a way that you can make it not even be a flag. Displaying the leaderhead instead is easily achieved, but that might look quite odd.

CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml has the flag pointers.

edit: I take that back. I dont think the game is using those definitions.

Wow, the layout is seriously cool and looks very practical.
But of course it would be even better skinned in Xienwolf's future artwork! :)

I'm very much looking forward to playing with this baby. ;)

This is becoming better and better. No offense meant, but the first time Xienwolf posted a first draft I was almost shocked. I thought it a catastrophe, but now, with the new space management and the revised graphics Sezereth is introducing I'm slowly but steadily getting enthusiastic about these changes to the user interface.

Well, seeing as we have so many spells etc that would be in the unit action bar, that is probably a good improvement.

It does look like it will require Vehem change FF to no longer have the AC displayed where it was pre-BtS.

One thing that slightly concerns me is that with the unit picture gone Promotion Icons would be able to hide the unit's strength/movement/xp/level much more easily.

I like how the unit details were moved over so that they don't overlap with the mana bar.

Any chance I could get you to go ahead and include all 21 mana types in the mana bar? I'll probably add them all in my version, and I don't really feel comfortable editing the main display yet. Also, I'd rather the mana/sphere icons not all look the same as existing ones.

One thing that always annoyed me and which I'm hoping you can change is that in an Advanced Start game you don't know which Leader you are playing, only which civ. You can try giving yourself units that would get free promotions based on a leader's traits, but that doesn't always help, especially if you allow unrestricted leaders. I think knowing what leader you are is a very important piece of strategic information, so it should really be revealed before you start purchasing stuff in advanced start.

How would it hide the Str/Level/Move easier? They are moved even FURTHER to the left than they were before. The unit picture never protected them from being covered, it just got covered before they did.

As for advanced start, I can add a flag icon into there and you should get the Traits & Leadername popup off that.

Xienwolf is right, there is actually more room for promotions now.

Any chance of a dwarven settler in the near (or not too distant) future?

SeZ wanted me to layout how I wanted it to look from a use of space perspective before he killed himself reskinning everything. This is the layout I prefer.
I suggest to show the mana bar in one row only, then there is much more free space left handed.

I suggest to show the mana bar in one row only, then there is much more free space left handed.

I concur. One column would be far better. I'm of the opinion that you should go ahead and add all 21 mana types to the bar at the same time.

He didn't say one Column, he said one ROW. I don't think that a long row would be a good idea unless you place it ABOVE all of the other pieces (which is quite possible, and might look good. Center it above the TechBar). If you made it 1 Row BELOW the Tech/Culture sliders, then it runs into the Text Information about events and game information.

I know he said row but the rationale that there is now plenty of room on the left hand side made me think he probably meant column.

I think one Column is much better than one Row. One Row just below the tech bar could (minor) cause problems, since it is possible that there will be too many researchable techs to fit in the normal space, which causes them to carry over to a second row. Mostly though, it just seems natural to go (back) to a column, especially since there appears to be exactly enough space between the unit graphics and side of the screen to fit a mana icon and number (although I don't think even a column of 21 mana types would go down far enough for that to really matter)

here a sneak peak for 0.33:

The Balseraph will get a Puppet summon...

That thing is creepy, I don't like looking at it. :p (I think it's the eyes).

Nice job on the unit though, it sure looks authentic.

Edit: Just noticed the strings, nice touch. Where do they lead to? :p

I never liked the puppeteer... until now.
Anyone care to drop any details? I take it this is a little something for Keelyn to play with...

I concur. One column would be far better. I'm of the opinion that you should go ahead and add all 21 mana types to the bar at the same time.
Wonderful!
But 21 mana types?

In 2.2x we had 15. In .32 plus sun and shadow, metamagic instead of dimension; we now have 17.

Ice is still missing. But what else? Do you know something?

I know he said row but the rationale that there is now plenty of room on the left hand side made me think he probably meant column.
I said row. Being not a native English speaker, I meant column. As in German we do not have this difference, I was not aware of it.

We all need lifelong learning.

Top Bottom